The online racing simulator
I have rented a host from LFSshop [problem solved]
Hi,Can anyone please help? I have rented a HOST from the LFS shop in order to stage races with some of my mates. I have added the settings found in my host box such as 'HOST IP......'INSIM PORT' AND MY NAME ,ADMIN PASSWORD and HOST PASSWORD. When I click on 'GO' in order to start race I get an error box 'TCP: bind failed'
Can anyone tell me what or why I get 'bind failed, or better still tell me if I have done something wrong,any help anyone can give to get us racing will be much appreciated.
You need to enter the server by writing its host name, not the IP.

/host=your servername

On the game you go to > Multiplayer > Join Specific Host > Internet > (Name:your servername)
Quote from Daveebee : When I click on 'GO' in order to start race I get an error box 'TCP: bind failed'

Sounds like you create a server locally. Thats not how it works.
He bought a server @ lfs.net but is trying to join that server using the IP:Port instead of the hostname.
Hi Guys, I am very new to this 'hosting' business , but I think I have probably not made my meaning clear, I am the one who wishes to be the 'HOST', my mates will be joining (I hope) . I hope this makes my meaning clear.
Yes

But will you host your server in your PC?

You say you "RENTED" the server from LFS Hosting...
I went to the LFS shop (see above toolbar) and rented the LFS Host,in order to stage races(as host) with my mates.I now need to know what settings to input in order to do this, I entered the setting in the information box andall I get is TCP:bind failed (I don't actually know what this term means)
What information box and where do you get TCP:bind failed .. On your LFS game screen?
Hi, When you go to the HOSTING box (on toolbar next 'SHOP' you will find on called 'your hosts'....in there is a page giving your 'basic settings'
the TCP: bind failed occurs when you try to create host
The host is already created for you, no need to create it again in LFS.

You can join your server as you would join a normal server - either by typing its name into the "Join specific host" screen, or finding it in the server list in LFS.
Maybe the website is producing the error thats what I try to find out.. But he is not really clear in describing what he all is doing behind his computer screen.
I have now got my host working, many thanks to ALL who offered help,Many thanks guys.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG