The online racing simulator
All the dSRC old boys are coming out of the woodwork! Big grin

I've still got all my skins on LFSW. Smile
Quote from mr_x :All the dSRC old boys are coming out of the woodwork! Big grin

I've still got all my skins on LFSW. Smile

I *STILL* race in my old dSRC No 7 Skin!! (Too bloody lazy to do another one probably! Smile )

EDIT... I'm off this weekend...so message me on facebok if you feel up to it!
(https://www.facebook.com/alan.s.bentall)

...starts looking for a duster and a can of WD40 to get my G25 working again....
I used to AFK a lot back in the day in dSRC servers. PLus who can forget tiny sitting there day anf night, watching the chaos either.
Quote from mr_x :
Quote from mcintyrej :
Quote from mr_x :Another old name checking in... Still lurk here far too much!

Edit - I must get around to changing my avatar at some point.

Chris! What a blast from the past, hows things?

Nice to see you Jack! Things are about 6 years more advanced!

I miss the days of UF1 racing and those UF Baby-R's! Is it time to bring them back yet?

Has it been 6 years? I'm not sure if that seems longer or shorter than what it feels like it's been..

Those UFB-R's were legendary, we did pretty well in that series didn't we?

Quote from Forbin :
Quote from Bladerunner :...starts looking for a duster and a can of WD40 to get my G25 working again....

WD40 is not a lubricant if that's what you intend to use it for.

http://www.reddit.com/r/YouShouldKnow/comments/1wa9a6/ysk_wd40_is_a_solvent_not_a_lubricant_mistaking/

I know...but its GREAT for getting rid of built up grime and cigarette ash!

Quote :WD-40 is a great substance, for a lot of stuff. If anything is stuck, rusty, dirty, sticky, hardened, etc... WD-40 is probably the answer.

(You dont know where my wheel has been for the last 5 years!! Tongue )
still here, i actually miss all my online friends, btw wd40 is actually a water displacer, hence "WD' batch 40
Quote from Bladerunner :[...]

(You dont know where my wheel has been for the last 5 years!! Tongue )

No, but now we're interested!
Yup I remember the day the demo was first mentioned on Racesimcentral

I dont play now, but i'll buy the next upgrade.

I have had my fill of the current great s2 content.
Still around after 8 or so yrs :-)
Yo, still around too, visiting the forums from time to time. Still having my G27, still waiting for some spare time and new content to revive my old gaming pc. :-)
Remember LFS turning into a completely new experience as I bought my G25 (after using a crappy TM). Can't believe my G25 still rocks after 8 years of track battles Smile. Credits to Logitech and Scavier! Not to mention all the miles spent on RBR stages.

Even after years in (beta) AC and pCARS, I return to LFS.
LFS is timeless. It is always fun because it feels real. No bling needed. Good people, good racing.
Quote from GilFisher :
Quote from Mysho :The typical process for every (serious) racer:

1. Be entertained with LFS for first couple of years
2. Join leagues, win races, be happy about what you achieved
3. When you have time, do some hotlaps, upload it to LFSW and see how awesome you are
4. Be less entertained with LFS for next couple of years
5. Be sad about old content and that you still drive same old thing over and over again without lack of updates which you were used to
6. Stop playing LFS that much
7. Start occupying forum instead of turning on LFS
8. Raise your post count, don't turn LFS at all from now on
9. Moan about how old LFS is and how you don't have time for that because your real life finally advanced somewhere
10. Remember some nostalgie memories every now and then
11. Be still around if something pops up in following 5 years.
12. Never give up on LFS as a whole, because it did find you some friends and gave some really nice memories in past

That sums it up for me, except I never won races Frown Maaaaaaaaaybe I'll buy a wheel again if there is ever a real update.

Cheers to all of you!

Never forget all these legendary moments with DSR-Racing !! Hi Gil, good to see you`re around

Summary true for me, except the eight, me change that into "doing Hotlaps all night long , collecting WR`s
just to loose them within 24 hours (for sure), then doing Hotlaps all day long, collecting WR`s just to loose them within ..." Smile

Greetings to all well known Veterans of LFS
Just downloaded it again, figure ill give it another go. Was all I knew for a few years.
Quote from Grivage :
I still visit here everyday. Wish i could be motivated to race everyday as well. Nice to see so many old faces still around though. Wave

I'm a bit late, but still lurking too. I did go to dSRC web page yesterday out of curiosity. Home page is still up. Tilt

I still race occasionally on a local server with my bro (mr_spoon), but I haven't really bothered to try and race on busier servers, normally because the racing combo's don't take my fancy.

I don't have a good enough connection to host races, but I'd be keen to race now and again with the 'old skool' brigade. As long as we are all slow together it's more fun Smile Eza is still an alien no-doubt, but I'm sure Bladerunner, Griv and I can provide the entertaining banger racing at the back!
sup guys just checking in! Smile
Hello, i was looking the forums and figer ill drop a line to see whos still about ,
thanks , Mark ( marek100)
I started back in 2003 with S1. S2 fixed up S1's quirky physics, mostly due to switch from viscous differential to limited slip differential. I occasionally browse the forum to see what is going on, but haven't played LFS in quite a while. I recall being called a pessimist for posting that I thought S3 wouldn't be released until 2009 or later (based on S1 2003, S2 2006)

So for me LFS is almost 12 years old, and few games remain popular for that long. As mentioned in an earlier post, probably 1 to 3 or 4 years is the typical amount of time a player spends on a particular game.
Oh hey... look, I remember my password and username. Doubt anyone remembers me and doubt I remember anyone lol....

Started back in the day when it was demo only, then S1, S2, retired from playing eventually, as I realized I had to get a life and job, ha!

Every once in a while, I'll play LFS and lurk the forums real quick and see what updates. Really waiting for S3 and that VW. Kind of glad to see I didn't stick around waiting for S3 to be released, as it seems that train is slow moving. But I loved the community back then and how serious the races can be (clean racing).

Best of luck to LFS and it's community.

I cheated on LFS last year and tried iRacing. Have to admit, it was a bit amazing, but the monthly membership is a real turn off. For an occasional sim racer Smile
I remember you, and apex racing Smile
Well, I've been dragging out the old wheel getting into Dirt Rally and having some nice looking fun with Project Cars, thought I'd drop in and see if LFS had been updated yet.

Hey old timers, nice to see some familiar names still haunting the place!
Quote from _Rob_ :I remember you, and apex racing Smile

Quote from colcob :Well, I've been dragging out the old wheel getting into Dirt Rally and having some nice looking fun with Project Cars, thought I'd drop in and see if LFS had been updated yet.

Hey old timers, nice to see some familiar names still haunting the place!

I remember both of you Big grin
I dunno... since I started playing again, I like this x box controller better than the wheel (did I type that too loud?) Yeah, the wheel sucks.
Calibration issues are a thing of the past with this x box controller.
I mean the wheel is nice and all, especially a G25. But at that price, you can almost buy a real car. I made the mistake once of spending too much money on a video game controller. If I just have to use a wheel, I 'll hack my account and play it on my son's computer. He has the G25.
LOL because of his job, I doubt he likes video games much anymore. but I do know that he uses LFS as a benchmark when judging/testing other titles.
I don't even bother with online anymore. It's like Salt Lake City on a Tuesday night....Dead.
Plus, after a 60 mile work commute in gridlock with a bunch of morons, if I want to play LFS at all, I DON"T want to play nice.
Attached images
us290i610houston.jpg
Wow - some serious 'blast from the past' names in this thread.

Smile

Any 'oldskool'(lol) racers still visit these forums
(277 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG