The online racing simulator
Official LFS server without lapper ? - SOLVED-
Hi all,

I'm just wondering that, why the official LFS server (rented) not supports the LFS lapper only the Airio ?

I would like to add the Lapper , there is any way ? or only that sh**y Airio ?

Thanks
Download Lapper and install it your self maybe?
Or don't you have access to such server using RDP and/or right to install anything?
Any LFS server can run Lapper, so the official ones won't be any different.
Well, actually I can connect the insim to the lapper just from my laptop only... How I see there is no way to copy the lapper to the server ... I can't leave my PC turned on all the time just to run the lapper... That's my problem ...
Other server providers have it, maybe use them instead of LFS's Hosting
Airio is by far the most popular InSim application. Although, I would expect to be less and less with each update as the InSim protocol gets updated and Airio falls further and further behind.
I already rented and it's 50€/year with 32 slots from lfs.net server. Its not so expensive, but ppl would expect to have at least a lapper support which is more popular then the airio imo.
But I guess you can connect to that server using RDP and if so, it would be easy to install Lapper on it.
Since Lapper doesn't require a regular installation, only unpacking the ZIP file, changing some values in the config files and start the executable.
So beside the IP adress and insim port there is no any other information about how to connect to the server via RDP and there is not highlighted maybe ?
Attached images
server.png
IP address is enough to connect to it using RDP.
But then you also need a login and password to logon to the actual server.
I don't know how these official LFS servers work, so it might not be possible to control them like a normal server.
That's why AB.nl rents a VPS at a hosting company, so you have all the control over the machine.
I'm pretty sure that the LFS servers are running Debian. You'd have too SSH into it, and I doubt that's an option.
I think Victor jut need to spend some time in how to properly provide LFSLapper as well.. Find it funny that PRISM isnt included but maybe this is also planned.
PRISM is way too complicated for most people.
Not that it shouldn't be included, but only very few can really use it.
Tried it myself recently and while I can do a lot with Lapper, I am totaly lost with PRISM.
Yes, maybe.. But Victor himself added a lot of code as a dev to that project.

And it's not complicated, I find this ASP dot Net shizzle way too complicated Wink
If you know how to program, PRISM isn't hard.
So the main reason I struggle with it, is just because I don't know enough about programming.
Yeah, within Lapper I can find my way, but that's mainly buttons and storing/retrieving values etc.
I can code simple PHP-scipts used on websites, but PRISM is too complicated for me and it's lacking useful explanations and documented examples.
Thats why it should be promoted.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :But I guess you can connect to that server using RDP and if so, it would be easy to install Lapper on it.
Since Lapper doesn't require a regular installation, only unpacking the ZIP file, changing some values in the config files and start the executable.

No. Its a game server, so you manage it through a web-interface. U don't have SSH Access / RDP.

Only file access. So if they don't support it the only way is to run it on your computer or somewhere else.
I got a reply by my e-mail what I sent yesterday. The answer is :

Quote :Hi Levente,

Thank you for renting a server from us Smile

You can use your custom insim application but, I am sorry, it cannot be hosted on our system. You would have to run that on a server of your own.

Thank you.

Gosh ... now I throw out 50€ for "nothing" almost ... If I would know earlier I would rent from somewhere else , where I would be able to run my lapper too ...

It's a shame , that the server not support the lapper ...

PS. : BTW somebody can tell me where should I rent a server only for lapper maybe ? Because after I can't get back my money I don't want to go my money into the waste ... It's shitty that I have to spend money again to rent a server just for the lapper ...

What u think there is any chance for the money back maybe ? Only 2 days passed since the renting ...
For the record, most things you buy via distance selling from the UK have a 14 day "cooling off period" where you can cancel.
Quote from sarxes :I got a reply by my e-mail what I sent yesterday. The answer is :
PS. : BTW somebody can tell me where should I rent a server only for lapper maybe ? Because after I can't get back my money I don't want to go my money into the waste ... It's shitty that I have to spend money again to rent a server just for the lapper ...

What u think there is any chance for the money back maybe ? Only 2 days passed since the renting ...

https://rackservice.org
I can confirm that RackService provides lapper, and any issues I've had (ALL of my own making!) have been sorted out quickly, and I've even been provided with an extra overnight backup facility for the sql database files that lapper creates and uses. Great service!
Thanks guys, I think I'll rent from a server from that provider for 2-3 year at start then ... If sinanju says that it's a good host provider I have no doubt about that's good !

Thanks guys for the reply.

Cheers !
Quote from Yisc[NL] :PRISM is too complicated for me and it's lacking useful explanations and documented examples.

Tell me what you need help with and I'll start posting guides.
This thread is closed

Official LFS server without lapper ? - SOLVED-
(22 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG