The online racing simulator
#1 - delis
LFS Photomode Competition Round 99: Bad weather action.

This rounds theme is... "Bad weather action (in "forest")".

Round rules: (made by TAUTV1S, these will not be changed)
Winner's quote explaining the theme -
Quote :Bad weather action (racing, drifting etc., doesnt really matters). What I mean by that? LFS doesn't have real forests, but there are few places that pretty suits this theme, for example - new Westhill. Competitor should make a picture with atmosphere of a forest (mostly trees around) and bad weather (rain, fog and etc.).

External images are NOT allowed.

Cars: All
Tracks: All

Quote :Competition rules:
  • When you have finished your picture and want to enter it into the competition, please write 'Final Entry' in the relevant post.
  • You must provide a preview picture (no bigger than 400 x 400 pixels) as well as the High Resolution picture. (The preview picture does not have to be exactly 400 x 400 pixels - it can be smaller to maintain the correct aspect ratio [for example, 400 x 300 pixels])
  • No renders, old images or VOB MODS to be used.
  • You MUST NOT use any LFS screenshot material that does not belong to you. (You are not even allowed to ask others to take a picture for you etc., everything has to be done by you.)*
  • During the voting, you are FORBIDDEN to get more votes in an unfair way. (Asking your team members, friends etc. to vote for you.) If I find out, your image will be removed from the voting and you will not be allowed to take part in the competition. (For how long, that is to be decided by me.)
  • All pictures MUST be uploaded to LFSForum.net, so basically in the attachments. (Other uploading websites are not allowed to be used.) (This is because of the fact, that after some time, the other websites get shut down and pictures in hall of fame or old threads disappear and we can never get to see them again..
  • The winner of the round should explain how he made his edit. This is not a MUST rule, but it would be great for the beginners and also others to learn and see new things. (This means, giving 2-4 images of the steps, the raw screenshot etc. telling the techniques and tools used.)
  • Any entries that will be ignoring 1 or more rules listed above, will not be accepted.

* If these rules are ignored, then the person might be forbidden to take participation in the competition for some time.

Anyone is allowed to post their pictures and take participation in the competition as long as the rules are obeyed.

Competition closes on SUNDAY, 31.05.2015. at 20:00 GMT .

BONUS *FUN* RULES:

- You must obey the rules
- No b*tching/moaning/arguing

Have fun and good luck! Feel free to discuss the topic, images or ask questions.
#2 - delis
I surely hope that this theme does attract people at all... This isn't as easy as the other themes we had since renewing this competition as this theme requires some really imaginative minds and quite a lot of editing skills.

I sure hope that there will be participants as the next winner will choose theme for the Century of Photomode competition (100th!).

Good luck to everyone thinking of participating.
i'm working on something at this moment and i hope that i'm not the only one D:
I might enter this time around. Smile
Hey Delis, just a clarification of the rule about external images: Does that mean no compositing of photographs or other found (googled) imagery? All content in the picture must be exclusively from LFS?
Thanks Smile
#6 - delis
Quote from Shirtkicker :Hey Delis, just a clarification of the rule about external images: Does that mean no compositing of photographs or other found (googled) imagery? All content in the picture must be exclusively from LFS?
Thanks Smile

Yes. All images must be from LFS only and made by you this round.
#7 - delis
Friendly reminder: Competition closes in less than a week so I hope to see some entries till that.
In my opinion, this is easy task ( excluding finetune and superior effects ), I have so bad laptop that this might look chobby, but I will try to make my best.
#9 - delis
1 day left. I hope to see some entries soon
I'm very disappointed now. I saw at least 4 people commenting here about something they're making and yet, none of them entered... I guess I'll just have to extend this round for another month. And if none enters this time, then there will be no more Photomode competitions this year at least (from me).

Round Ends on SUNDAY, MAY 31
Final Entry

To be honest, I wasn't going to enter because I figured this might get disqualified. Although no external images have been used, there are masses of photoshop effects, and they're not strictly generated in LFS.

I was going to see what others did, and then try to adjust it, but since the deadline has been extended, I figured what the heck.
Attached images
bad_weather_thumb.jpg
bad_weather.jpg
I forgot to switch on a layer before the final file output. Can anyone guess what I left out?
#13 - 5tag
Radial blurred wheels? Grain/noise? Vignette? Your logo?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

Sorry guys I totally forgot this because way too busy, and this was easy thing to make a decent entry ;ASD

I hate myself, and what is even worse, is, well, look the deadline and my time of comment...

Sorry, was not purpose Frown((

EDIT: "
Round Ends on SUNDAY, MAY 31"

EXCELLENT! Now this is excellent, gonna make it!
5tag: nope, nope, nope, nope - although a logo might not be a bad idea Smile
Eclipsed: the forest is back there in the fog. You'll have to trust me on that one Wink

It's super obvious - not subtle at all Big grin
#17 - 5tag
Duh, the main headlights illumination? Big grin

But yeah, I don't think the wheels not spinning are all that subtle.
5tag: yeah, i forgot the foglight reflections XD

motion blur isn't really a thing anymore, what with all the new DSLRs with 1/8000 shutter speeds (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;p )
#19 - 5tag
Quote from Shirtkicker :5tag: yeah, i forgot the foglight reflections XD

But the head lights should be on too.

Quote from Shirtkicker :motion blur isn't really a thing anymore, what with all the new DSLRs with 1/8000 shutter speeds (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;p )

Well your rain drops are blurred and the ground too.

Also a high shutter speed requires good illumination of the object. In rainy/foggy conditions it's typically rather dark, so you'd need longer exposure. Despite that, shutter speed is used for artistic purposes too: If you want to capture a dynamic image, you allow for motion blur to happen.
Less than 2 weeks until Deadline. Please post your works until then.
I have to admit, I am not skilled to photoshop a picture any decent, even I tried... I am dissappointed, sorry. Not gonna post, I did throw it on trash can and removed permanmently... At least I did give a full shot
Not quite a full shot there, UnknownMaster. You're always going to miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wink
Winner
This round with only one entry after 2! months is over. And the winner is none other than... Shirtkicker! Congratulations!

This was the worst round since the renewal of this competition. Even after 2 months only one person entered. So sad. I guess nobody wants this competition to be running. I'll wait for the PM of the new theme for the 100th Photomode Competition Round and then we'll see... Maybe it will be the last one.

Quote from Shirtkicker :Not quite a full shot there, UnknownMaster. You're always going to miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wink

Well, having a duel against such a good picture, I rather save myself from humiliation, but in other hand, if thinking it very precisely, you are absolutely true.

BUT, if you know already what the result will come on after all, I still think I did had a full shot. I don't mind picking an option which suits me to the best...

( EDIT: BTW, I tried to use completely ingame picture, which failed because GPU in this laptop lacks the even some of basic things to have a good "background", but yeah, that's why photoshop is, to make good pic from bad pic Smile )

______________________________________________________________________________________

I thought there might be secret entries oncoming just before time-up, it did not happen. Too bad.
Thanks Delis, there's a PM on its way to you now.

It wasn't the way I would have wanted to win, to be honest, but we take what we can get.

I've had a couple of ideas for the next round's theme which have the potential to inspire some fun artwork, but we'll discuss them a little more thoroughly before announcing.

LFS Photomode Competition Round 99: Bad weather action.
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG