The online racing simulator
Much win

edit:
Equally impressive video
Sound of Thunder 2015 - John Britten Tribute - Bears Racing

Probably the last time to see 5 Brittens on track together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As4Sx_yUEAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVQ9SgKxWc

And the same two bikes 20 years ago demolishing the field at Brands Hatch. In fact, just playing with everyone else and each other !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McnjxoBQ6TQ

And the classic, pulls up beside the factory Ducati at Daytona, pulls a wheelie and pulls away...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezwrs5rIlo
Quote from TypeRacing :That's pretty sick.

Excellent video. Looks like the E36 driver was showing quite poor racecraft tho.

That Porsche S4 video is fantastic too. I always enjoy watching a good piece of wheel work.
Good battle for 1st position

To me one of the most beautiful race cars ever that has derived from a saloon car.

BTCC 1994, the Alfa Romeo 155 with Tarquini behind the wheel was just unbeatable. Look how he starts last here and just embarrases the whole field by his speed. Also his two wheel action shows the different way cars were set up back then. Way more attractive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLq9Oi3_MNg

Probably some additional factor that made it more interesting compared to today's racing.. The Ford drove with a V6 fwd, long straight benefits, but probably more nose heavy and less short engine pick up. The BMW's obviously rwd and the Alfa fwd 4 cyl. The Alfa 155 was very strong as a package, not only in the BTCC but in the Spanish and italian touring car series as well. The Peugeot being probably the most underestimated car, probably not so strong as a package but with very very good balance. Not to forget the 850 estate loaded with steel to get it any stiff..

Best days of touring car racing imo..

includes MC12

includes new R8 GT3
My first time on the Pannonia Ring.
I must say, Its an interesting track (not only for motorbikes).
I like the curbs.
Car was too stiff and the lap time could be much better Smile

Why wait for Top Gear to come back?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVy6tPGVRUI&t=479

Ferrari as predicted will be the faster one on the straights.

Also, after having seen the 918 video on the nordschleife.. I predict the LaFerrari will eat the porsche for breakfast on a dry track with a decent driver.

Porsche has the typical VAG marketing set up... terrible understeer. ( Look at the Lamborgaudi Huracan to see what I mean. Ferrari seems much more playable, more suspension travel especially on front axle and no understeer at all.. as we know from Ferrari for a while now. It makes the car harder to drive especially on a rainy day.. but i'm sure the faster one with a good driver.

I always wonder why especially the german cars are continiously set up in such ways. The cars dont run slicks... its like a sport button in a VW Golf. If you want to make your car slower.. Push it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1brvs7qJk
(This is a good video to show what I mean) Its a terrible car, technically an Audi R8 with the interesting feutures copied from a good car: the Ferrari 458. From 4.49min in the video you get a good idea of the terrible and useless understeer.

Really... the first good Germany 4wd system yet has to be made. for 4wd.. only Japanese is the way to go! --> GT-R!
Quote from danielroelofs :I always wonder why especially the german cars are continiously set up in such ways.
Really... the first good Germany 4wd system yet has to be made. for 4wd.. only Japanese is the way to go! --> GT-R!

well we made the first reliable AWD for a consumer car, so there is that.

And about the tendency to understeer ... just take a look at the typical customer of Lamborghini. They don't know how to drive fast. They buy the car for different reasons, but not track usage. And in that case its safer to have a car that will plunge head first into the barrier like in a crash test than one that spins out and does whatever.

Just a question of market.
Quote from ACCAkut :
Quote from danielroelofs :I always wonder why especially the german cars are continiously set up in such ways.

well we made the first reliable AWD for a consumer car, so there is that.

And about the tendency to understeer ... just take a look at the typical customer of Lamborghini. They don't know how to drive fast. They buy the car for different reasons, but not track usage. And in that case its safer to have a car that will plunge head first into the barrier like in a crash test than one that spins out and does whatever.

Just a question of market.

Wasn't the first the Jenssen? Regardless who was the first.. I haven't seen a German car with a properly working one. Even the Italians (Lancia) managed to outperform 4wd Audis in world championship rallies Smile

But you are right.. I do not doubt they can build a well balanced system but they rather lie, like you basically mentioned.

As long as VAG don't advertise like you said above how the car actually is.. I will keep on bashing Smile.

A Huracan:
- We provide you with terrible understeer for youw own safety and because you are probably a footballer behind the wheel. If you are actually a decent driver.. we don't give a shit that we ever told you it has good grip and could challenge a Ferrari. Thanks for your money anyway.
- You open the door, probably with a VW Golf handle. As long as it doesnt give away too many secrets that we like to exchange parts among our brands to lower expences.
- Don't think this audi R8 you buy with a different body is any competition to a Ferrari.
- We like to position this car the opposite way in the market because otherwise we won't sell anything, but if you come here please buy it.. because many ppl still think you drive a good car.

Pff.. paying 600 million euros for a remarketed updated R8 with audi dashboard. A sportscar company should make a car like THEY want to make it, because their origins had an idea of how it should be done (especially Lamborghini). Not like Volkswagen/Audi marketing company... making a very decent feeling button because that gives the user an indication that the whole car has a good built quality. All so fake.. like every vag car. Now they found out even the Audi V10 falls apart if you do not continiously floor it.. I don't know of any current reliable VAG engine now Big grin

So forget that question of the market vag.. get an opinion yourself perhaps. You have the people carrier to be led by the market. To me VAG killed literally every company they've bought and turned it into a marketing brand hoping to be beneficial for the parent company..
Alfa Romeo 155 is the best.

End of the thread.
Oh Danny, you never get tired of your crusade against VAG, right? Big grin
I guess you will commit suicide the day Piëch finally gets hold of Alfa Romeo and/or Fiat Chrysler.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Oh Danny, you never get tired of your crusade against VAG, right? Big grin
I guess you will commit suicide the day Piëch finally gets hold of Alfa Romeo and/or Fiat Chrysler.

Hehe.. indeed sir!

Piech for sure wont live long enough to get Alfa.. and besides Fiat Chrysler doing well atm financially.

It's just that I dislike brands get killed like Lambo, for the above stated reasons and more.

Live your dream... don't dream you are living. Who likes to fool himself..? Dutch common sense Big grin
Be aware a spectator died in this crash...
Apologies, I didn't read the info before posting.
R.I.P poor spectator Frown
this could very well be the end of GT3 cars in the VLN. Too much aero for a track like this.
Well, spectators were also between the two fences, which they shouldn't have been. Le Mans changed aero rules to keep prototypes on the ground, don't see why Nurbs couldn't too.

SP7, SP8, SP9, SP10, SP-PRO and SP-X have been banned
from racing on the Nordschleife until investigations and resulting potential changes to the track are finished.

While it isn't clear in the english article, the german one on the official DMSB site makes it clear tho that those classes are expected to be run again some time in the future.

So the 24h will be a lot slower this year. I can see them opening it for the slower classes that had been banned from starting the last years to get up to a good sized grid.

Racing videos
(4785 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG