The online racing simulator
Just upgraded to a 7D and already having a blast with it. The autofocus alone is so much more precise and way quicker than the 450D's, and there are many other great things to discover! Processing speed of longtime exposures also is waaaaay faster!

Few more from the last couple of weeks:

Very cloudy for the eclipse here - the best of a dodgy bunch for me:

And a short video.

edit: Added another short video.
amp88, nice photos, did you use a ND filter?
Nice amp88 Smile

Here's the best I got...

Attached images
eclipseWp.jpg
Quote from bmwe30m3 :amp88, nice photos, did you use a ND filter?

Thanks. I didn't end up using an ND filter because there were so few periods where there no clouds obscuring the sun. I did have my variable ND (up to 8 stops worth) ready to use if it had been a clearer day though. I also kept the eclipse obscured from the camera when I wasn't shooting pictures or video, just to reduce the risk of sensor damage.
Quote from amp88 :I also kept the eclipse obscured from the camera when I wasn't shooting pictures or video, just to reduce the risk of sensor damage.

The sensor isn't exposed to light when you're not shooting. The mirror redirects the light to the viewfinder.
Well, here are the best one's I got

I don't have a ND-filter, so I shot through a old floppy disc, my camera doesen't go below 1/4000, so I had to shoot through that.
Quote from Taavi(EST) :
Quote from amp88 :I also kept the eclipse obscured from the camera when I wasn't shooting pictures or video, just to reduce the risk of sensor damage.

The sensor isn't exposed to light when you're not shooting. The mirror redirects the light to the viewfinder.

I was using live view to try and get a better idea of the changing exposure of the clouds moving across.

@bmwe30m3: Not bad, and very inventive Smile
Jealous!
Got the first half of the eclipse on camera as well, but unfortunately had to work during the second half.

Quote from smove :Got the first half of the eclipse on camera as well, but unfortunately had to work during the second half.

Wow, great sequence...
Thanks a lot. Your pictures of this event are great as well and quite atmospheric!
I went to a "mud run" event yesterday (I didn't even know it was on until Saturday night, but a nice touch of serendipity popped up). I haven't finished editing the full gallery yet, but one sequence of images stood out to me. I was sitting on the course and getting some shots of people who were mostly gingerly walking through this big puddle slowly and attempting (and in some cases failing...) to make it through without falling. However, these 2 guys came up and the first one just jumped straight in and belly-flopped into the muddy water. Sadly for me I didn't shoot that because I had been looking in the opposite direction and just caught the end of it. I shouted something like "You should have told me you were going to do that!" and the second guy, without hesitation, shouted back "I'll do it!". The following sequence is his dive:

Quote from smove :Thanks a lot. Your pictures of this event are great as well and quite atmospheric!

Thank you.
A few more pictures from the Muddy Trials event. I've done a short write-up and included more pictures over here on the Talk Photography forum.

Great pictures, I really like the composition on these!
You and your cool Solar Eclipse pictures... Well I challenge you with my Lunar Eclipse pictures from last April!

First Pic: Moon, Spica and Mars in totality.
Second Pic: Total eclipse.
Third Pic: After totality.
Attached images
100_2754.jpg
100_2748.jpg
100_2769.jpg
Quote from majod :Great pictures, I really like the composition on these!

Thanks! Smile

Quote from Blas89 :You and your cool Solar Eclipse pictures... Well I challenge you with my Lunar Eclipse pictures from last April!

First Pic: Moon, Spica and Mars in totality.
Second Pic: Total eclipse.
Third Pic: After totality.

Nice!

What a great location you found there! I discovered something similar in my area as well which is great fun for any shooting!

Had some "tunnel fun" recently, not sitting in the driver's seat once in a while:

Geez, that picture is superb smove! Awesome.
Wow, lovely shot! Good work smove, do share more!

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG