The online racing simulator
Scawen, all old pb's from the old Westhill International WE1 are currently listed under the new Westhill National, which is also WE1, as well every hotlaps.
Will you reset all pb's and hotlaps together with the official patch coming?
Yes all the old Westhill hotlaps will be removed as invalid. I don't know if Victor plans to provide an archive of them.
Any chance of increasing the max connections? Up to 40 cars in an endurance race doesn't leave many spots for driver swaps after admins/streaming spots.
I think you might've missed my question. Is it possible/easy to raise the object Z limit (height)? The limit for cars (when you get "retired" message) is way up above.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from ventspils_619 :I got a weird bug/problem when I'm trying to choose a skin in pits.When I choose one the car is black, but rims kept the same color how it was before, game doesn't send me any messages for errors.We talked about in some servers and I'm not the only one with this bug.

Did you adjust the base colours? Your description just sounds like you started from a dark plain skin and loaded a skin into it. You should turn the colour sliders up probably to maximum.

They are to maximum, Scawen. On DEFAULT skin color all sliders are to maximum too.It happens when I choose a new skin.I tried to delete the skin from the list and reload it, but it stays black. This problem is for most of my loaded skins. Frown
I ran into this problem, to recreate:

Add concrete slabs directly above the starting grid (Z Axis a few metres above ground), first start everything works as expected, after you restart the race you get spawned on the concrete slabs instead of the tarmac.

Picture and layout attached:
Attached images
lfs_00000135.png
lfs_00000136.png
Attached files
SO4Y_CRBdayv4.lyt - 8.1 KB - 646 views
A first look at the new Westhill made me smile Big grin Big grin Big grin

Quote from Scawen :...
/setlap username X
- X is positive : Set the lap that the user is currently on (as
seen at the top right, not the number of laps completed). This
does not affect checkpoints passed. This may help with a driver
who reconnects after an unintended disconnection.

A very interesting feature! But will there be provided an log/txt-file or something else, which documents how many laps every car[ID] has done within the actual session/replay, so that the admin can readjust the amount of laps "on the fly"/without external tools?
Shadows now work on a concrete object, but I got this with it now (don't know if posted before)

and a texture bug on the gas prices at the gas station near the pits Smile
Attached images
lfs_00000003.png
lfs_00000004.png
Scawen - any chances to have all concrete objects colorable or at least pillars? Would also like to see more colors (like green,black),but I guess I'm wishing too much... Big grin
I have problem with custom pitstop position they dont seem to work if you put custom splitpositions...
First time firing up LFS since August .. wtf? That's unbelievable, I never got lost on a LFS track before.

But I sort of don't get why Westhill was done to that extent. I mean it is nice, all those streets and stuff, but for what? Is this meant as a sort of benchmark or tech demo, showing of what the LFS is still (or just now, I dunno) capable of? Does a racing sim need a track inviroment of that extent.

I honestly am speechless about what we got here, but at the same time my racer mind can't make sense of it.
Thank you Eric, Scawen, Victor. Your work, our pleasure!

ps all this talk of loops makes me think we could use a function to group objects, move them as a group and do save and load.
Quote from cargame.nl :More smooth? I was trying some custom layout shizzle yesterday and I used an entry point to get back on the track but it's covered with grass and if I try to put a concrete slab there it always has a sharp edge no matter what I do.. It's because this area is not flat... Is it in any way possible to create a flat surface with grip there? If so, can someone upload a .lyt?

Btw, racers are not ready for custom layouts yet.. More then half is protesting that its not fun.. Sigh... Will change later I guess Wink

edit: added MPR just for funz Wink

How about this?

Quote from CarlLefrancois :Thank you Eric, Scawen, Victor. Your work, our pleasure!

ps all this talk of loops makes me think we could use a function to group objects, move them as a group and do save and load.

Ctrl + mouse click can select up to 30 objects, if that helps.
Attached images
lfs_00001047.jpg
Attached files
WE2Y_cargame_ramps.lyt - 44 B - 622 views
Quote from ACCAkut :
But I sort of don't get why Westhill was done to that extent.

Why not? Ever tried GTA san andreas? The bigger the better.. Wouldn't have complained if it was size x4 but this is already quite nice. Lots of variations possible.. Mixture between street racing and track racing. I like it.

And of course to facilitate cruising as well.. But nothing against cruising. And drifting, don't forget drifting. Although I would like to see drift servers to get their own filter flag.
polygon glitch
Attached images
lfs_00000024.png
lfs_00000023.png
Ultimate test of AI's and objetcs
I did some test with AI's and objects here.

Test purpose:

Watch race ( though it doesn't make sense, but if it amusing, good Smile )

Find if anything happens on graphics while following the race

It uses platforms in air and ehhh a lot of it. You can save the layout from replay by simply SHIFT+U and save the lyt from bottom-right ( if it is still possible, no idea, as 22 months away from LFS)

Might look ugly, but test is test.

( oh, this is done in 0.6G14 )
Attached files
ultimate test of AI and objects.spr - 3.7 MB - 311 views
I went upside down after a crash, then I reproduced it.
Tarmac looks weird.

Ripley: that might be just your head going through the tarmac, might happen at other tracks as well iirc.
Quote :ps all this talk of loops makes me think we could use a function to group objects, move them as a group and do save and load.

You might want to check this (bad) clip I made today: https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... Qap4&feature=youtu.be

It's already possible to make "patterns" of objects, save them and load them easily through InSim.

Scawen, I think someone already reported the following issue. When you drive above trees and buildings on concrete objects (ramps, flat slabs) at a certain altitude you can hit "invisible walls". It's a disastrous explanation so I made a layout (see attachment). When you drive on the red cross (chalk lines) on this layout you will hit an invisible wall.
Attached images
lfs_00000005.jpg
Attached files
WE1X_invisible wall issue.lyt - 620 B - 639 views
Scawen,
While playing with SHIFT + U one thing annoyed me more than others. I was unable to quickly change FOV. Could you make mouse roller working as FOV modifier (zooming) instead of moving back and forth?
bug:
Attached images
bug.png
Quote from Scawen :You can. WE1X + custom start grid.

but that wouldnt give me the kart track minimap that you can actually see stuff on
:nana:I don't have the S2 license yet, but I will eventually!
Quote from ACCAkut :
First time firing up LFS since August .. wtf? That's unbelievable, I never got lost on a LFS track before.

But I sort of don't get why Westhill was done to that extent. I mean it is nice, all those streets and stuff, but for what? Is this meant as a sort of benchmark or tech demo, showing of what the LFS is still (or just now, I dunno) capable of? Does a racing sim need a track inviroment of that extent.

I honestly am speechless about what we got here, but at the same time my racer mind can't make sense of it.

The thing that I figured out, which is a great complement to LFS, is that the new track "feels" like a feasable race track in a real space. So many tracks in racing games are "the track", but they feel so dead becuase they are just the bare minimum to simulate the track.

LFS tracks have always felt a bit above this, especially with open configs, and this does take it to another level, making LFS feel much more like a real place in the world.

Plus this is a demonstration of what LFS tracks "should" look like if upgraded to a new standard of higher texture resolution and higher poly count. It shows that complex shaders aren't needed to make LFS look better (just better shadows, the baked lightmaps still look awful Tongue).
Nah.. Nonsense. LFS tracks still feel like an ironing device on a pool table, especially when you are used to for example AC where you can feel the track communicating with the tires (essentially with the wheel force feedback). But, I guess that 'we' can't have everything all at once. Especially with a dev who permantently wants to be a complete team on it's own, very nice achievement for such a small team thats for sure.
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G14 - New Westhill Circuit
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG