The online racing simulator
LOL Smile . Scawen's posts analysis is always something special Big grin

By the way, a good announcement with a nice video showing footage on the track will automatically bring new people to LFS.
I no this is of topic but Lfs has atracted players that are still here from 2003, myself 2006,I beleive the game will generate more customers when new content is available which will be be very very soon.New patch works fine here, good work scawen.
Keep up the great work, awesome! Smile
nice !!
Quote from Scawen :Thanks! Now if the registered users could go and buy an S2 license so they can try out the new Westhill that would be an excellent idea! Smile

OMFG Scawen I cannot believe you just did that to us all :-O
Like kicking a puppy! Wink
Sorry to be slightly off topic but I'm very excited to try the new Westhill & looking forward to an incompatible patch. I'm sure we all want improved physics but in the short to medium term content is going to be very valuable. The standard of the circuit looks fantastic in the screen shots, I hope it has some challenging bumps & cambers to test us too. Keep up the great work devs.
RE G2 & G3
using Ai to test 10 min qualifying run

Finding a lot of problems on fern bay (Green) cars have lost the "shine" and look a matte finish whether clear day or cloudy is selected makes no diff.

Shadow is set to normal mode. When cloudy afternoon is set and cars are in pit boxes shadow from adjacent car is seen through pit wall, as cars roll out of pit bay shadow is seen on top of pit bay where signage is

System is running latest ati driver suit 2 x 7850 crossfired on Win 7 with all latest updates. I have tested with 1 video card only enabled same result.

If it warrants further tests I will provide spr
no, because it could delay Westhill even more ...
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :is there a reason for it to do so

Windows Firewall message, so people can allow LFS to access Internet.

A feature that I wanted to see is borderless window fullscreen, so I can ALT-TAB quicly and keep seeing the game while doing other things on my second screen. Is that possible to add this in you to-do list (after Westhill patches, and before final version) ? Smile
Quote from nacim :
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :is there a reason for it to do so

Windows Firewall message, so people can allow LFS to access Internet.

A feature that I wanted to see is borderless window fullscreen, so I can ALT-TAB quicly and keep seeing the game while doing other things on my second screen. Is that possible to add this in you to-do list (after Westhill patches, and before final version) ? Smile

Use BorderlessGaming or other similar software for borderless windowed before Scawen adds it (if he adds it)
nacim does know what you mean and is correct.

The reason that LFS goes into windowed mode is so you can see any popups from the firewall asking whether to allow LFS access to the network or not.

A common problem with games is that these firewall popups are rendered *behind* the game window, preventing you from ever seeing them. Most firewalls will ask again every time the binary changes (ie after a new patch).
This is a common source of confusion, so LFS automatically switches modes after a patch, to ensure you see the popup. Otherwise, most firewalls will just block LFS by default, until you tell it otherwise.
Bug report at South City
Attached images
lfs_00000075.png
lfs_00000076.png
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :aah okay. then it makes sense. he probably just described it with different words though. however, you explained it better, so thanks for that Wink

It's also explained when you click the '?' button next to the yes/no button.
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
-
Oh I totally forgot to try these test patches. I shall give G3 a go today. Smile Thanks Scawen!
A little off-topic for this patch, but Oculus has released a new SDK with dll support now...
I've noticed a slight FPS improvement on my Windows 8 machine.

No issues so far! Great work ScaViEr!
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G3 (Open Configuration Support)
(144 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG