The online racing simulator
Don't expect anything, don't even ask. You know answers by yourself.
We can expect a test patch ... but do not be disappointed if it is not the case Big grin
Quote from Victor :
Quote from sinanju :Maybe put an extra tab on the top of the forum page for 'Leagues'?

This is in the works and I'm aiming to introduce the first version very soon.

Well this is a good idea. Since 2006 (well maybe since 2008 when i got s2) i was smart enough to find some leagues for me. But i think there could be very little something more like a league pyramid.
I mean if someone is interested in endurance leagues and then he gets sorted only endurance leagues and then its sorted for example from "top" league through middle to lower ends. That might help someone who wanted to go to the "top" but he doesn't know when to drive first (in which league to begin and gain experience). Also LFS could be better organised in this area.
Just like in real life, you know if you want to be in Formula 1 you have to start from karting then some formula 2000 or F3/GP3 then F2/GP2 or world series by renault and then F1.
At the moment someone in LFS might not have an idea how to get to the "top" leagues or at least what league will suit him and his skills.

Of course it probably isn't main thing for now, but i think it could be very nice and very usefull to have something like that in future.
Quote from Victor :[...] and I'm aiming to introduce the first version very soon.

(I'm very sorry Vic, but I just couldn't resist Omg omg omg)
Quote from three_jump :
Quote from Victor :[...] and I'm aiming to introduce the first version very soon.

Big grin

I realised it when i wrote it, but as i've taken some time off of other work to work on this stuff, I dared saying it Smile
I think this is the most apt video for LFS development ever...

probably been posted before, but it never gets old. Smile
Since this has gone completly off-topic now...

I always thought that the lfs process is a bit more like this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gp98t Smile
Quote from Victor :
Quote from three_jump :

Big grin

I realised it when i wrote it, but as i've taken some time off of other work to work on this stuff, I dared saying it Smile

its good for you, that you didnt said "earlier next month" Big grin
Quote from Victor :
Quote from three_jump :

Big grin

I'll keep the pitch forks handy, UNLESS you want to take a stab at adding WebSockets support to PRISM. Big grin I understand that you have a solution that's awesome that you use here on this site.
Quote from Dygear :
Quote from Victor :
Quote from three_jump :

Big grin

I'll keep the pitch forks handy, UNLESS you want to take a stab at adding WebSockets support to PRISM. Big grin I understand that you have a solution that's awesome that you use here on this site.

As someone who's currently implementing WebSockets inside of PHP... It's **** terrible ;p.

ReactPHP is great, which is what most of the "cool" PHP stiff is based off of, but WebSockets as a standard is so retarded in its implementation. Most people implement it in a insane way, which doesn't help, where they wrap their WebApp and WebSocket routes inside this massive "App" object, which I hate, but unfortunately is the way WebSockets is implemented. (As a true upgraded connection from HTTP, and uses the same initial connection as well without option to route to different socket)

Currently, I've resorted to creating a 2nd HTTP server (built in PHP, not a webserver) that's handling WebSocket handshaking + connection management. It's a bloody nightmare to integrate at the core of an application.

Plus I'm a **** bad programmer.
Quote from Scawen :No worries.

We are at full power getting this finished at the moment.

Pedal to the metal. Good to hear.Thumbs up
Can't wait for the update! I am really liking the fact that you guys communicate a bit more with us. Smile

And Scawen and Eric, keep up tje great work on this ever so great sim. After going into my 13th year as an LFS driver, I'd gladly wait a couple more weeks if needed! #GoLFS

And Victor, thanks for your continous work on this great new website!
What a pleasant surprise to come back to this forum and find all this activity from the developers!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Currently, I've resorted to creating a 2nd HTTP server (built in PHP, not a webserver) that's handling WebSocket handshaking + connection management. It's a bloody nightmare to integrate at the core of an application.

I've built websockets into the insim relay - it's the ideal program to do this for and actually quite easy. I only had to detect websocket requests on the usual port and from there on wrap existing packets in websocket frames and vice versa. And done! Smile
But yea, don't you always need some separate service to provide websocket functionality? Nginx or Apache, etc would only serve as proxy, no? I never even understood how that would work, technically ... in my eyes it's easier to just create my own connection handler :P

hmm going a bit off topic aren't we Taped Shut
Quote from Victor :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Currently, I've resorted to creating a 2nd HTTP server (built in PHP, not a webserver) that's handling WebSocket handshaking + connection management. It's a bloody nightmare to integrate at the core of an application.

I've built websockets into the insim relay - it's the ideal program to do this for and actually quite easy. I only had to detect websocket requests on the usual port and from there on wrap existing packets in websocket frames and vice versa. And done! Smile
But yea, don't you always need some separate service to provide websocket functionality? Nginx or Apache, etc would only serve as proxy, no? I never even understood how that would work, technically ... in my eyes it's easier to just create my own connection handler :P

hmm going a bit off topic aren't we Taped Shut

We don't even have a web server in our stack anymore Tongue.

I'll figure it out, it was a bit of a rant because I dislike the upgrade process. I would prefer a separate connection rather than devouring the initial HTTP upgrade request. It's not been fun, especially trying to implement a websocket server that is "compliant" to the RFC.
Quote from three_jump :Since this has gone completly off-topic now...

I always thought that the lfs process is a bit more like this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2gp98t Smile

Bang on Wink
#718 - col
Quote from ferret :
Quote from three_jump :Since this has gone completly off-topic now...

Bang on Wink

Hmm... but if Scawen is the guy changing a lightbulb, who is the nagging wife? Uhmm
About half of the community.
Can't we just put LFS on kickstarter and gather a lot of funds to buy licenses for tracks and cars?
Quote from chanoman315 :Can't we just put LFS on kickstarter and gather a lot of funds to buy licenses for tracks and cars?

Of course, because once we raise all that money, we can tell the money "HEY MONEY! GO BUILD SOME **** TRACKS".

Oh wait... it doesn't work like that. Money doesn't do anything. People do things.
“This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Hey, Victor - sorry to go off-topic again, but Racer X NZ have reminded me about the fact that the new forum is missing one important feature - ignore list. Could you please implement that?
Hi Dear Devs, have you any plans to update the other tracks too after Westhill?

(sry for my bad english)
-
(S.E.T.H) DELETED by S.E.T.H : whatever
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Quote from chanoman315 :Can't we just put LFS on kickstarter and gather a lot of funds to buy licenses for tracks and cars?

Of course, because once we raise all that money, we can tell the money "HEY MONEY! GO BUILD SOME **** TRACKS".

Oh wait... it doesn't work like that. Money doesn't do anything. People do things.

Funny

But remember people do things ( for the money ) Wink
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG