The online racing simulator
#1 - Sobis
2015 Touring Car racing (WTCC, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc.)
Well hi there!

Today's the first day of V8 Supercars. If anyone finds a livestream, that would be great Thumbs up
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/events/2015-calendar

E: I see you have to purchase V8 SuperView for the stream? Well that kind of sucks.
#2 - robt
Superview is good value. Get all races without ads and can re-watch them at any time. had it 2 years now. Though it may convert into UK currency a bit better than yours price wise!
Will be intresting to see how the FGX gets on. Noticed Holden have changed to an S60 style rear wing as has ford. Just merc and Nissan going the other way.
I've had Superview for a few years now as well. The 2015 season pass is now available for non-Oz/Kiwis at roughly AUD40/28€/$31/£20. Next stream starts in about 11h. Usually VoDs are available a few hours after the live stream ends, but sometimes they have issues and it can take nearly a day or so.
#4 - robt
Anyone able to get todays qualifying races off Superview yet? Don't really fancy waiting much longer, it'll be on motors TV (Albeit with adverts every 5 seconds!) in about an hour.

EDIT: Managed to watch the qualfying AND first races on motors TV before its even on superview. think ill be asking for a refund........seems to have gone downhill this year.
#5 - bbman
Quote from robt :Anyone able to get todays qualifying races off Superview yet? Don't really fancy waiting much longer, it'll be on motors TV (Albeit with adverts every 5 seconds!) in about an hour.

EDIT: Managed to watch the qualfying AND first races on motors TV before its even on superview. think ill be asking for a refund........seems to have gone downhill this year.

There still is nothing but 2 minute highlight videos... I somehow get the suspicion that they won't HAVE archived broadcasts... Which would be a huge step back, because a) I certainly can't and won't be watching live at about 3 am in the morning, and b) the full broadcasts from 2014 are still available (if you have last year's pass)!
#6 - robt
thats what I've suspected. Hence cancelling my subscription, as I can get the races and record them on motors TV. Albeit with ads, but as long as i record the replay not the live I dont actually miss any action as the programe "pauses" during the ads.

Also, under the "view" tab, the option for 'full races' has now disapeared, which is where you would watch them on-demand....I reckon fox has pushed for that one!
#7 - bbman
There is now an archive for 2015, albeit without any entries currently: http://www.v8supercars.com.au/view/v8superview/archive/year/2015

I'm hoping these delays are due to the usual initial problems using a new partner... Otherwise, I'll be cancelling too - and since I can't get MotorsTV, idiotic company policies forced a willing customer to piracy (yet again)... Ironic, I remember watching the (delayed) full broadcasts on the official V8SC youtube channel...
#8 - robt
yeah, it was really good on youtube. got a consistant quality video too. ah well, recorded on motors tv now to watch today Wink
I inquired about the on-demand videos during the weekend in a fit of panic and today I received this
Quote :Hi there

Thanks for your message and purchasing the 2015 SuperView pass which included full live streaming of all V8 Supercars qualifying and race sessions.

Due to the overwhelming popularity of on-demand replays of qualifying and race events by our fans we have decided to bring this feature back for the 2015 season.

Please expect to find Race 1, 2 and 3 of the Clipsal 500 Adelaide available by the end of this week with all other race and qualifying sessions from V8 Supercars championship events available within 24 hours of the on-track action moving forward throughout the season.

Once again thank you for purchasing V8 SuperView. We hope you enjoy the championship.

Kind Regards

V8SC Digital Team

#10 - robt
Same here. Reckon the management had a bit of a brown trouser moment when they checked their inbox on monday!!
Still havent said yes to cancelling it though. I get it all on Tv without cost........ah well, at least the replays are back.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I inquired about the on-demand videos during the weekend in a fit of panic and today I received this

Thank you for your initiative NAI, I was about to cancel when I didn't see anything new on their site... Thankfully I checked here first! Smile
#13 - robt
I guess that means scot Pye is in the tekno entry next year!

PS: Anyone able to get the race replays yet?
The race 1-3 on-demand videos are now available.
At first it looked as if race 3 of the BTCC was going to be a stop-start mess all the way, but oh boy did it deliver in the end Big grin
Yes. Race of the year. No way anything beats that.

2015 Touring Car racing (WTCC, BTCC, DTM, V8 Supercars, etc.)
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG