The online racing simulator
Crash interpretation
(10 posts, started )

Poll : Did I made mistake?

No
Yes
I don't know
Crash interpretation
https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... SWXI&feature=youtu.be (replay in attachment; lap 14; time 24:20:00)

Ok, here's an accident. Black car in this moment have blue flag like for about half a lap and I'm racing with pink car. Some guys blame on me, that there's some my mistake, I don't see any mistake from my side... sooo can someone tell me what i did wrong here? I'm just curious what neutral people think about this. Maybe I'm not able to see something.
Attached files
r12_08_02.mpr - 3.6 MB - 153 views
#2 - pik_d
A little caution is advised when lapping backmarkers. You braked about where you should for a normal lap, or if Knuckles had actually let Harabla and you pass (this is key, Knuckles clearly caused it).

When you saw that Knuckles was late on the brakes it was almost too late (you were already braking), but it would be smart to not be aiming your car at the site of the incident. By the time the incident happened between Knuckles and Harabla there was nothing you could do.

The incident is definitely NOT your fault, but even so it's better to be smart about passing backmarkers then be a victim of them.
It's all your fault.

You should accelerate and let the physics do their job throwing away any obstacles.

Deal with it Big grin
Actually I had small amount of time to think what to do. I choose to brake bit later as I expected that Knuckles will be on the inside (as normal backmarker would be) so like you can see, in that moment when I hit Harabla, I was on the outside where I wanted to be and everything would be fine.

I just saw that Knuckles won't let me by, but I did't saw that he missed brake point cause I was already focus on my braking. But yeah, maybe I should be little more cautious. And I wasn't aiming for the crash. I was trying to get this inside line to avoid two cars in front of me but then Harabla braked and turned to the inside line and then I was just passenger.

It's hard to be smart when you have battle on the limit for 14 laps and your mind is pretty hotSmile
Quote from MorfeasFX :It's all your fault.

You should accelerate and let the physics do their job throwing away any obstacles.

Deal with it Big grin

Haha It was going through my mind at some point Big grin
#6 - HKing
The black car is wrong, you failed the escape, but it is not your guilty.
You possibly could have avoided that although he was full braking because of that incident with the lapped car. I would say it's a 50:50 thing.
The only thing you really did wrong is pressing throttle right after the contact. The other thing -- contact itself, is simply a race incident. I think you were targetting for getting outside line in first part of chikane, and were expecting blue flagger to let you both through.

Anyway, this depends on specific race rules. If there are no specific rules about blue flagged cars (sometimes they say just "respect blue flag", which only means "be aware that some people are faster, don't block them like idiot"), I would consider them as normal and therefore wouldn't rely on anything and drive safe behind them.

UPD:

Turned out you were braking even later, thats much more faulty. Ofc it wasn't your fault completely but you can't say "its not my fault" imo.
Quote from vitaly_m :The only thing you really did wrong is pressing throttle right after the contact.

I guess thats (expect being not enough cautious) the only REAL mistake I made there.. Details like braking late, turned in wrong direction aren't mistakes, they just proved to be wrong in this particular situation but if not that mess in front of me I will take this corner pretty fast clean and without victims. It was pretty dialed move.

Thinking like that, you can say that two guys in front of me made mistake by braking after hit. Harabla even turned into me and he got me in the mirrors so he knew I will be there. If one of them not brake after hit I would take this inside line or in worst option, just hit Harabla only once (wich I expected, cause Knuckles was looking like he was going off the track. Thats why I pressed throttle to not lose time on Harabla, wich was my mistake.)

So I see what I did wrong. Thanks for reviews guys Big grin
The black car braked late and badly, blocking the wheels and understeering, plus there was no reason for him to do so since he was not fighting for a position against you. In my opinion is his fault.

Crash interpretation
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG