The online racing simulator
Indeed. The only way you can do it currently is to request a layout save, then parse the saved layout directly (which is quite simple). Main problem is it requires the insim to be on the same host and have file access, of course.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I've been messing with IS_AXM recently and noticed that you cannot get/request info about current objects in use. PMO_LOADING_FILE is sent in case of loading file or when connecting to server, and PMO_ADD_OBJECTS in case of modification of layout. However there isn't a way to detect objects in case my InSim is started while layout has already been loaded. TINY_AXM ? Big grin

Maybe I misunderstand but TINY_AXM does excactly that.
Send TINY_AXM and as reply you get ISP_AXM's with info about the autocross objects.
TINY_AXM doesn't exist, so it can't do that.
Oh I meant to TINY_AXI but even that just gives the number of objects. I somehow thought it also re-sends all their coordinates..maybe wishful thinking Tilt sorry for confusion!
I love when people hijack popular threads for their own agenda.

Back on topic.

Excited about all the upcoming updates, echos on open configs is probably going to freak me out some.
what will happen when your car is in a certain path and you press shift+U and look at other areas? or say watch other cars.
I guess in SHIFT+U all objects are drawn, like on open configs at the moment.
Quote from S.E.T.H :what will happen when your car is in a certain path and you press shift+U and look at other areas? or say watch other cars.

Nothing special. Shift+U would still use the path information (or ignore it completely) as it does now.
Can't wait for it to get released. Good Luck & Cheers!
this is great
lets hope christmas will come fast
2015 Christmas? Smile
Do you even make progress bro.
#440 - kdo
RC-Maus
S2 licensed

rychlyjaromir
Demo licensed

See any difference?

You achieved 24 kilometer online in ~3 years, quite a performance!
45m per day not bad
Still better than LFS development pace though.
Quote from rychlyjaromir :Still better than LFS development pace though.

not really. I would count just the Oculus Rift support alone as bigger effort, then add up the many tiny fixes, localizations, etc, which are almost invisible to users, but for every version released those take some considerable time and effort to gather/verify/submit/package/release...

Although I can see where your sentiment comes from. Once the tire physics will be finished (if ever), I bet Scawen will hunt some lower hanging fruit for a while just to have lot more fun with the development again (for example the short trip into shaders world was surely a refreshing thing, I bet). Then again I hope for a "live track", weather, and all that in MP... each of them quite a feat on it's own, but actually the total combination of them is quite insane, I really wonder how he will tackle the live track vs MP problem, whether the live track will be procedurally generated and players will affect input parameters, or players will affect some texels directly, and there will be some clever piece of netcode syncing it all over clients, or every client will just track down it's own version of track (which will be probably near enough to keep the competition fair, but it will save MP traffic and code complexity tremendously)... etc etc...

Uhm, going off topic, so I conclude with: you are not right, and as you didn't play even old westhill yet, it sounds like you are bored too much. Maybe you should try S1 and S2 content...

BTW.. I ran (in real life) over 2700km in 2014 alone. :P That's ~7km per day. I'm afraid that's lot more than my LFS driving stats... and real life track time as well :/ ... I estimate I did only about 1500km in kart. Real life's a bugger, all that work and payments and stuff, why can't I just race all the time? Big grin
Congrats, that's probably 2699.5 further than I ran so well done. I've found not having any expectations leads to happiness when your expectations are exceeded.

Meanwhile, there's lots to do in 'real life' so whenever something happens here (in LFS) will be great. My greatest achievement this year to date, getting a kill with binoculars in RO2 ! And keeping the birds from our fruit crop.........
And free Witcher 2, and...........

The new Occ Rift sounds worth getting tho, just enjoy the little things and see what the future brings.Smile
yes, who knows ... maybe Eric has finished WestHill and is working on open configs of Blackwood ... ^^ Some nice rallye stages can be done there Big grin ...
Let's wait and see Wink
Quote from Flotch :maybe Eric has finished WestHill and is working on open configs of Blackwood ... ^^ Some nice rallye stages can be done there Big grin ...

Yeah, that's right!

This. This has to be enterlable!
Quote :Meanwhile, there's lots to do in 'real life'

Wash your filthy mouth out! You can't be saying things like that on a computer game forum.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Congrats, that's probably 2699.5 further than I ran so well done.

Your whole online racing experience in LFS is 300 metres in reverse gear?
This thread is closed

Westhill Progress (November)
(946 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG