The online racing simulator
Just came here to say hi
(11 posts, started )
Just came here to say hi
Hi Smile

I've been playing LFS this afternoon after so many years and I've been enjoying like never! Also I laughted watching these "where is the Scirocco and Rockingham?" threads in the forum, never gets old Smile
I have a LFS license since 2005 and I played the demo some more time before then. I stopped playing LFS around five years ago and started modding for rFactor (specially for physics), just to have some more options. Now I'm playing Assetto Corsa (absolutely cr**p) and rFactor 2 (nice) mostly as them are the newer sims, and I've been playing Iracing also for several months. I think lot of you guys have been doing the same since these years.

After all these years playing other stuff and comparing all them with LFS now I still think LFS is unique in its nature. I still feel LFS forcefeedback like no other and physics still feel absolutely brilliant and natural. The online experience is still superb and the netcode is still top notch, and the guys from the servers are still gentlemanly in most cases compared to other sims...

As much of you guys I've been annoyed too realizing how slow the LFS development is, but now that I have played lot of stuff these years I must say I feel grateful about this great piece of old software that is still rocking like no other.

So... I wanted to ask. Have I lost something apart from the new Oculus integration and the new Westhill WIP? What are the known future plans?

And another question, is it confirmed if the S3 will be moddeable? Since I've been modding for rF my dream is to be able to do the same for LFS.

Just to finish this post, Scawen, here is my hat off. My sincere congratulations for this fine absolutely great simulator and a bunch of thanks for let me enjoy it these years.

Best regards,

BerScott.
Quote from Berseker_d :
And another question, is it confirmed if the S3 will be moddeable? Since I've been modding for rF my dream is to be able to do the same for LFS.

I never heard anything official on the topic but this: https://www.lfs.net/faq/8

Moreover, whenever someone dares to talk about it, some people start to whine that this will make LFS loaded with crap like <some other sim name here>...
Quote from vitaly_m :Moreover, whenever someone dares to talk about it, some people start to whine that this will make LFS loaded with crap like <some other sim name here>...

In fact that's what happens with rFactor and Assetto Corsa actually. People simply don't know how to properly model physics. I managed to get around 600 cars for rFactor and only two of them where made with proper physics. I'm talking about add the real data from the real car in the physics files. I think most of the people use to fill the physics files just making random dice rolls. It is not that hard to make a decent research and make a physics file complete to make the car feel good. I have made cars in rF that feels like LFS, just making physics allright.
Quote from Berseker_d :I have made cars in rF that feels like LFS, just making physics allright.

What those cars were?
'70 Chevy Camaro Z28, Honda Integra DC5, Toyoa Prius, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, VW Golf Mk2, de Tomaso Pantera, to mention few of them.

But most of all cars are private mods cause conversions from other games (as said, I'm more focused on physics). I wanted to know how some of the cars I like could feels in real life and I was not much satisfied with the actual modding scene. At first time I though rFactor sucks at all until I started researching how to manage physics.
Quote from Berseker_d :'70 Chevy Camaro Z28, Honda Integra DC5, Toyoa Prius, Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, VW Golf Mk2, de Tomaso Pantera, to mention few of them.

But most of all cars are private mods cause conversions from other games (as said, I'm more focused on physics). I wanted to know how some of the cars I like could feels in real life and I was not much satisfied with the actual modding scene. At first time I though rFactor sucks at all until I started researching how to manage physics.

I wonder if it is possible to get into a proper formula car in some other game than LFS...
Sure it is possible, check for the formula in Game Stock Car, it feels really beliveable for me. Also some people say that the Skip Barber in rF2 seems to have a really close feeling compared with the real one, at least the telemetry is spot on.

Anyway, I've not tried to make a formula for myself, if I get all the data I probably could do one. I will work soon on the Radical SR3 and SR8, the data is all available and will give it a try. For now it is the most close thing to a formula that I will do.
hi
hi moody
Whats up moody
Hi there, buddy.

Just came here to say hi
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG