The online racing simulator
#1 - W3RRD
Need help with Driving Force GT (not being recognized)
Hello there. I'll get right to the point. I just received a DFGT, and I have installed the 64 bit profiler off of the Logitech website for Windows 7. It will not detect it, but Windows will, and I can go into properties.

When I run lfs, the wheel is not synced right with the onscreen, it moves it only about 320 degrees, until it hits 900 onscreen. Also, forcefeedback is not working either, I assume because I can't get the Logi. software working. Also (wow lots of also's) the Seq. shifter is not found in lfs either. Neither is the big center button.

I would really like some help!

Thank you, Coll.
I had the same problem but I tried different USB slots and it finally detected the wheel. Without the Profiler it won't detect the shifter and most of the buttons either.
You don't need the Profiler to be running, but the Logitech drivers have to be installed for the FFB to work. Make sure you have the latest drivers and that the wheel's external power supply is plugged it. As was pointed out above, trying a different USB port is also a good idea.
#4 - W3RRD
I will try the different ports.

Thank you, i will reply back if this doesn't work, I don 't have any ports left on the back of my pc I'll have to swap them or try the front ones. I got the profiler from the Logi. website, does this include the drivers? I think it must because win 7 can find the wheel...
#5 - W3RRD
Well I tried the different ports, back and front, wheel spun itself, and logitech profiler STILL won't find it. argh so frusterating! Windows 7 detects it fine in game controllers, but i neeeed the profiler!
#6 - W3RRD
ok i finally got profiler woriking, but it shows it as a driving force pro and not gt. also the shifter still won't work, but force feedback is working! wheel still only turns 90 degrees i've done all settings in lfs i know
Almost there (I think )
Are the drivers installed correctly? Can you access the wheel's properties like FFB strength and range via Control Panel? Your wheel is apparently not being initialized properly by the Logitech drivers, I've never figured out why this happens, but usually a reboot and clean driver reinstallation worked for me. If you still can't get it working, it would be a good idea to try the wheel in another PC as there's a slim possibility of the wheel being faulty.
#9 - W3RRD
I got it! I had to edit the registry string for the wheel from "Driving Force GT" to "Driving Force GT USB", then I re installed the drivers, and re installed the profiler. The problem was before it was seeing it as a Driving Force Pro.

Thank you for the help! You may lock this thread now.
Hello I Received My Driving Force GT Wheel About 2 Years Ago It Worked Perfectly On My PS3 But Now I Cant Seem To Get It To Work On My PC!! Everything On My Driving Force Gt Works Besides The Steering!?!?! When I Tried To Calibrate It, It Says That I Passed The Calibration Test, But The Steering Was Still All Screwed Up!!! This Is A Really Big Disappointment Because I Just Got Dirt 3 And Some Other Racing Games As Well!! If You Know How To Re calibrate This Steering Wheel Or Fix The Problem In General Then Let Me Know By (REPLYING, Or Emailing Me)

Things I've tried: (Plugging Into USB Port "Via" Back Panel And Front), (Customizing The Setting In, (Game Controller Settings), (Downloading Logitech Gaming Software)

Email: [email protected]

Thanks And Hopefully Someone Can Help Me Out!! :smileyhappy:
Quote from MrGamerGasum :Hello I Received My Driving Force GT Wheel About 2 Years Ago It Worked Perfectly On My PS3 But Now I Cant Seem To Get It To Work On My PC!! Everything On My Driving Force Gt Works Besides The Steering!?!?! When I Tried To Calibrate It, It Says That I Passed The Calibration Test, But The Steering Was Still All Screwed Up!!! This Is A Really Big Disappointment Because I Just Got Dirt 3 And Some Other Racing Games As Well!! If You Know How To Re calibrate This Steering Wheel Or Fix The Problem In General Then Let Me Know By (REPLYING, Or Emailing Me)

Things I've tried: (Plugging Into USB Port "Via" Back Panel And Front), (Customizing The Setting In, (Game Controller Settings), (Downloading Logitech Gaming Software)

Email: [email protected]

Thanks And Hopefully Someone Can Help Me Out!! :smileyhappy:

"Discuss technical problems and questions related to LFS"

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG