The online racing simulator
Being a noob again, I have a few questions about the setup of LFS.
Again I had a very long period of inactivity in racing games/simulations in general and with regards to LFS but recently I started again with a few games and today I reinstalled LFS too.

Of course I will have to practice a lot again and for the moment I will only play offline/single player. I have a few questions however. I still didn't have the time to reread the manual and a quick search didn't give me the answers. I hope that someone can help me with it:

1) When I start a race or a lesson the engine of the car, which is of course standing still, is at the maximum rpm. When I hit the brake pedal it goes to zero, but as soon as I release the brake pedal it is at maximum again. I assume I did something wrong in the setup of LFS and probably with regards to the Controls, but I cannot find what. What could be wrong ?
2) Is it right that when I use automatic gears, I still have to use the shift paddle first to get the car driving ?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if these questions are a bit stupid.
1) You probably need to set LFS throttle/brake pedal to separate instead of combined. And you may need to invert them in the "Axes/FF" tab.

2) That's right, just as a real automatic car has Neutral, D and R gears.
Thanks for your reply.
They were already set to separate.
I have got it working now but,very strange,I had to assign the brake to the throttle axe and the throttle to the brake axe AND I had to invert both. FWIW, I have a Thrustmaster GT430 wireless cockpit which is basically a Thrustmaster F430, but without FFB and wireless.

Btw, another question: Are there settings for steering sensitivity ? I could not find them.
LFS does not have any adjustable setting for dead zone and sensitivity, you'd need an external program to emodify that (your driver or DXTweak for example).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG