The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from JackCY :
I don't care about what anyone chooses to use as control but apparently some people can't stomach that someone can use mouse and keys to control a car in a game.

No, people can't stomach that you're bashing a sim based on MOUSE driving.
It has hidden assistance for MOUSE and KEYBOARD, underline it cause someone could misread that.
Get a freakin wheel, if you're into simming then it's a must have, it costs just the same as one of those gaming mice.

Btw, still hating this new forum.. Where the hell is multi-quote.

To be a bit on topic, me having fun in a Monaco conversion. Honestly, good enough..

I dunno how you reckon a gaming mouse is the same cost as a wheel. A decent wheel is $300, where a decent gaming mouse is like $80
I was talking of the likes of DFGT.. which is a great wheel.
I think it is fair to say that the hidden aids for keyboard users is shitty move from kunos. If I want to turn off all aids but the game still forces you to use some aids then that's just plain wrong. That is what happens on consoles but should not happen on pc.

As for bashing keyboard users. You all, we all, started sim racing with keyboard. No point getting on your high horse. It is a valid complaint if the game forces aids on you no matter if you use a keyboard, violin or the pitch of your voice to control the car. It's still wrong to force aids on anyone.
Then again, was it 'proven' that LFS doesn't have assists for mouse, in a different way? Shouldn't it be impossible to make WR's with it completely unassisted? If countersteering with a wheel is slow as Jack pointed it, why is it even possible with a mouse..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Then again, was it 'proven' that LFS doesn't have assists for mouse, in a different way? Shouldn't it be impossible to make WR's with it completely unassisted? If countersteering with a wheel is slow as Jack pointed it, why is it even possible with a mouse..

It's easily proven with a controller proxy/emulator.

Why do you think it's not possible to countersteer with a mouse?
Quote from Hyperactive :I think it is fair to say that the hidden aids for keyboard users is shitty move from kunos..

You guys are lucky that it is even supported, this is what you would get if I was a sim developer

Quote from Boris Lozac :
Btw, still hating this new forum.. Where the hell is multi-quote.

If this is what you mean:
- Select the posts you want to quote in the top right corner.
- At the bottom of the page, besides the quick reply input on the right, "Quote selected" is already selected, so click the Go button.
Quote from Keling :

Gonna reprhase that, shouldn't it be harder and more punishing with a mouse? You can't say there are no assists there in some form, sensitivity and whatnot.

Quote from Flame CZE :
If this is what you mean:
- Select the posts you want to quote in the top right corner.
- At the bottom of the page, besides the quick reply input on the right, "Quote selected" is already selected, so click the Go button.

Thanks Flame, it's so intuitive! (not :P ). And it still quoutes my post within your post.. have to delete it manually.
Quote from NitroNitrous :
Quote from Hyperactive :I think it is fair to say that the hidden aids for keyboard users is shitty move from kunos..

You guys are lucky that it is even supported, this is what you would get if I was a sim developer

I'd add 5dof motion rig, replace the monitors with 4k virtual goggles and also add a requirement for valid driving license and another requirement for at least two full seasons of real racing experince at least national F3 level. But I would still force driving aids on you.
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Quote from Keling :

Gonna reprhase that, shouldn't it be harder and more punishing with a mouse? You can't say there are no assists there in some form, sensitivity and whatnot.

Yes, it is, which is why we don't see mouse WRs very often, and the ones we do see are usually on low power cars, where everything is happening slower, cornering speed is more stable, and digital pedals are less of an issue.

By "assists" do you mean some sneaky code in the LFS software that secretly turn on a hand-holding function when mouse/keyboard is used, or just mouse users having some advantage in general due to the way mouse control works?
Quote :

No 6DoF unlimited Z rotation motion platform requirement? This so-called sim is so arcady!
Lotus 49 is very fun. Some of the spa kerbs feel kinda broken (like on lots of tracks).
Lotus 49 feels completely dead to me, i imagine it would be tearing my arms apart in real life, but here it's like there's no force feedback.

Btw, new version of Paul Ricard (0.41) and E30.. sim heaven.
No ffb in the 49? Why would it tear your arms apart? It has low grip radial tires, no downforce at all, just lift. In other words the steering should be relatively light and very communicative.
I take that as a yes.
That's a scratch made car by you? Will it give it a go in a bit, cheers!

I'm driving with this view for a few days and fov so driver position and animations shouldn't be a problem.

Model and physics all scratch made. Sounds are from kunos ferrari. Fmod looks scary so I'm not sure if I can do good enough job with the sounds so atm. I'm kinda not planning to do them...
DRIVEREYES=-0.42,1.03258,0.18

Sorry about that. Drop the zipped car.ini into the data folder and it should be fixed Frown

e: just wanted to make it clear that the file attached is for the car cockpit camera. The file fixes the camera location which was wrong.
Attached files
fix1.zip - 1.5 KB - 225 views
Fck me sideways, what have you done? Car is ridiculously good! This is top quality work honestly, force feedback is amazing, the handling, how the back steps out and how you can control it.. Loving the windscreen texture too, 5 stars Hyper!

Do i have your permission to post some screens on AC forum? and why isn't the thread there too? Smile

edit: nevermind, i completely missed that there is a thread Smile

Oh, it is not properly released yet. It is kinda pre-release closed beta version now and I'm hoping to find any major bugs before the final official release. There have been a few so I'm delaying the release until tomorrow. And the version released tomorrow will have some bits that may make it online incompatible. One thing that i have not been able to solve is the cockpit brake bias. It goes further than the setup limits and I don't know where is the limits for that...

If you want you can post pretty much anything you want (videos, screenies) but be mindful that the ac people still don't have the car Smile. Don't share the car files though, I don't want to create situation where there are two versions of the car (the closed beta one you have and the one that will be released tomorrow)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG