The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Quote from tbofram :"new 2015 Lancerr" "it's a half decent car"

Sooo, what do you consider a decent car for a 19 year old if a brand new Lancer from the future (2015) is only half decent?
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from eyebrowz :Back to LFS after a long stint.

Here's my cars (both abused on brands hatch too):

The backup reliable jap car: Suzuki ignis sport 1.5 vvti. It's not bad. 950kg and 110~bhp.

Ignis Brudah!
Quote from matijapkc :
Quote from tbofram :"new 2015 Lancerr" "it's a half decent car"

Sooo, what do you consider a decent car for a 19 year old if a brand new Lancer from the future (2015) is only half decent?

it's the 2015 model, i find it weird too how in north america they always start releasing the year ahead model way before that year... i don't actrually understand it.

and a Impreza? lol i'd love one but price ranges between the two cars are totally different. i don't think i could afford a equal level impreza.

i would consider a decent car for a 19 year old to be some newish 911, i nearly bought one but monthly payments would be slightly more then what i want right now.
Lol, a 911 for a 19 year old. Imo that Lancer is a bit overkill already, but if you have a well-paid job, then why not. Maybe that's quite a cultural gap between the US and EU. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here and planning to get an NB MX5. You wouldn't even call that quarter-decent.
Quote from tbofram :it's the 2015 model, i find it weird too how in north america they always start releasing the year ahead model way before that year... i don't actrually understand it.

The year ahead model thing is nothing special for North America, manufacturers here do this as well. Only in Europe cars are not advertised with their model year, they just say "the new Audi A3" etc. or, refering to an older model, Golf Mk1, 2, 3 etc., Audi A3 8L, 8P and so on.
Usually in one model's life span one or two "facelifts" are introduced, Mercedes calls these "Modellpflege", refreshing exterieur and/or interieur designs and revisting engines when structurally the car stays the same.
The production lines are generally shut down for a few weeks in summer (Werksferien, translates to worksholiday). While they stop producing cars, they don't stop working in there alltogether. Changes are made to the production lines and the cars produced in the second half of 2014 are referred to as model year 2015 in order not to sell a "2014" car in early 2015.

Quote from tbofram :i would consider a decent car for a 19 year old to be some newish 911, i nearly bought one but monthly payments would be slightly more then what i want right now.

From what I remember you used to live in the UK not too long ago? So you should be able to see how the NA interpretation of "decent car" differs from Europe and assumingly most other parts of the world.
Uhhmm, guys... i think he's joking about the 911...
Quote from Kristi :Imo that Lancer is a bit overkill already.

It's not an Evo, just your average 4wd non turbo lancer :|
Quote from Kristi :Lol, a 911 for a 19 year old. Imo that Lancer is a bit overkill already, but if you have a well-paid job, then why not. Maybe that's quite a cultural gap between the US and EU. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here and planning to get an NB MX5. You wouldn't even call that quarter-decent.

This. I'd like to add one more thing. If you have a stable well-paid job, because if you get fired you're in pretty deep shit.

Quote from DejaVu :It's not an Evo, just your average 4wd non turbo lancer :|

It still costs like 10 times more than an average 19 year old could afford, if (s)he could even afford a car at all.
I had my first car at same age and it was a 12 years old Mazda 626. Not even remotely decent for standarts of some higher people here...
So, here is me and the "M325" at the Nürburgring.
3rd podium place in the Championship.

Is that a skyline (R32 or R33, can't decide) next to you?

Anyway, congrats! Love the looks of that yellow beast
It's an R33 by the looks of it.
Yep, R33 with GTR bumpers and spoiler. Pretty nice and clean car. Running about 450bhp, the E46 of my left runs 530bhp. 1JZ Single turbo etc..
WOA! The forum.. looks.. so clean. A bit cheesy but it looks good!
holy crap.. MRT just slid of the screen lol!

Right.
Trackday last weekend.

TONS has been changed on the car, literally just about everything actually since the last track event. Even more will change again for the next one in Spring, but so far the car is really starting to prove its point, just need to tweak quite a bit more and get it to want to turn juuust a bit more. It's proving to be quite dangerous on the road, but on track it felt fantastic.

`IMG_0045 by theotherSawyer, on Flickr

`IMG_1062 by theotherSawyer, on Flickr

PA190269 by rightcoastmovement, on Flickr

PA190552 by rightcoastmovement, on Flickr

Fastest lap video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqi8kACK-DE

Friend went for a ride because he wanted to test out his new GoPro 4 at 4k/30p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTuxt_VBUBo
Thats the most stunning Mazda3 XCNuse edition I have ever seen!
-
(Blade3562) DELETED by Blade3562
Quote from matijapkc :
Quote from Kristi :Lol, a 911 for a 19 year old. Imo that Lancer is a bit overkill already, but if you have a well-paid job, then why not. Maybe that's quite a cultural gap between the US and EU. Meanwhile I'm just sitting here and planning to get an NB MX5. You wouldn't even call that quarter-decent.

This. I'd like to add one more thing. If you have a stable well-paid job, because if you get fired you're in pretty deep shit.

Quote from DejaVu :It's not an Evo, just your average 4wd non turbo lancer :|

It still costs like 10 times more than an average 19 year old could afford, if (s)he could even afford a car at all.

yeah the lancer is just a average cheap car over here, and yeah i lived in the UK but i considered the Lancer a much nicer car there then i do here.

my job is OK, i'm not rich by any means but i can afford my car payments, i have my own place and considering putting a down payment on a house which costs about 4X more then the house i grew up in. kids these days earn more money then they did 10-20 years ago, it's a fact and i'm not going to let life go by without enjoying it.
Your Volvo was a much cooler car!

I wish I could insure a classic car being 19 in Ireland... You need to be at least 25 over here to insure something older than 15 years
Not mine, but detailed and waxed it today. It was flithy, done loads of motorway miles all over the country.

Both shots are raw

Povo the Irish insurance companies dictate what kind and age of car you can drive? wtf? Old cars are usually slower and less expensive to fix as well as already having made their 'carbon footprint' many years ago. Weird logic there considering a 1987 Volvo 240 is probably the best car ever for young drivers.

I could have insured 1959 Ferrari 250 GT at 18 if I had thousands of dollars per month to do so.
Quote from flymike91 :Povo the Irish insurance companies dictate what kind and age of car you can drive? wtf? Old cars are usually slower and less expensive to fix as well as already having made their 'carbon footprint' many years ago. Weird logic there considering a 1987 Volvo 240 is probably the best car ever for young drivers.

I could have insured 1959 Ferrari 250 GT at 18 if I had thousands of dollars per month to do so.

Yes, pretty much no insurance company wants to insure a car older than 15 years. It isn't strictly enforced but that's the usual response.

If you want to drive an old car you will need classic insurance which is cheaper than normal insurance and requires you to be at least 25 years old.

I presume the logic is that if you give a young driver an old banger to drive they won't mind it and will trash it around the streets.

Unfair but that's the case. I have to suffer the pain being a fan of 80's cars

Back on topic:
I was hoping to get some pictures of my car because I washed it recently but today I noticed it's quite dirty again... We'll have to wait until the new year I guess
The logic behind that might actually be that older cars are less safe, because they lack modern safety equipment, and due to a scarcity of spare parts, quicker to write off.
Quote from ColeusRattus :The logic behind that might actually be that older cars are less safe, because they lack modern safety equipment, and due to a scarcity of spare parts, quicker to write off.

That insurance policy is just bollocks. Novice drivers are more likely to damage their cars in general, can we agree on that? So wouldn't it be better if it were a cheap car, so the insurance doesn't have to pay as much for repairs/replacement? Novice drivers (mostly young folks) want cheap cars and that, amongst other things, means they will most likely choose a reliable car with reasonably priced spare parts available.

Also modern cars IMHO generally have less responsive gas pedals, gear boxes, their brakes and clutches require less effort to actuate, the steering is lighter and feels less responsive. I mean it's "easier" to drive fast, modern cars also have better acoustic insulation so you don't quite hear as much going on with your car.
Additionally the visibility has become worse and worse over the years, while affordable cars usually don't have radar sensors, so parking accidents are more likely to happen in modern cars as well.
I met a guy from the Celica Club in Spain, mine is the red one. Can't wait to install the spoiler with riser blocks, looks so mean!

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG