The online racing simulator
It's supposed to look like the stop-motion Lego films that are so popular. It's supposed to look like actual lego, and it really does. They've really captured the style so well that it's not so hard at all to believe that some of it actually is stop-motion.
You've probably already heard, but The Wolf of Wall Street is a must see.

It is my everything.:lovies3d:
About Time.

I love time travel films, but it's one of those areas that has to be perfect - a single plot hole will eat away at the rest of the film.

Somehow a film that does it perfectly, and it's not even sci-fi. Best of all, it's not advertised anywhere, I doubt many have seen the trailer so you won't even already know half the plot (not that it'd matter).
Quote from Jakg :About Time.

I love time travel films, but it's one of those areas that has to be perfect - a single plot hole will eat away at the rest of the film.

Somehow a film that does it perfectly, and it's not even sci-fi. Best of all, it's not advertised anywhere, I doubt many have seen the trailer so you won't even already know half the plot (not that it'd matter).

That was a great movie indeed!
Before Midnight - almost a perfect ending to the trilogy, their 'acting' is unbeliavable.

The Bling Ring - lol. Saw it cause of Emma Watson, but not worth it, horse shi*.
After a week of watching the whole Alien series i finished it off today with Prometheus. And it wasn't that bad as i expected from some reviews. While the performance is shit at times and things people do there sometimes doesn't make sense, it opens up the Alien universe nicely and the Prometheus 2 could spread it a bit more, if done right. At the moment i'd give it 6,5/10, which could change, depending on how the sequel does.
The great martian war 1913-1917. Kinda nice, kinda lame. Definitely worth the watch if you could see a documentary about alien invasion in early 1900s being interesting.

Maleficent. Despite the bad reviews I liked it. It wasn't corny or cheesy even though some bits went overboard with sheer simplicity.

The blob, 1958 version. Kinda campy, very typical that kind of movie from that era. Even steve mcqueen's performance was very robotic.

The blob was in color which was surprising because I was hoping to see a different movie. Wonder what is the blob type film where there is a scene where the "blob"/big monster uses human bodies to fill up some air vents or something and there are some people trapped in some kind of basement? Iirc that movies was also black and white so it is probably some really old movie..
A Most Wanted Man - If you'll expect Bond, James Bond or Jason Bourne, you will be disappointed - it's drama not action.

Open Windows - Sasha Grey and it's only R-rated.

Space Station 76
- Clerks/Spaceballs or somesuch.

ed. The Blob isn't so bad, if you don't compare it to any other sci-fi movie made after the '60's (I just checked, Woody Allen's 'The Sleeper' was made in 1973 so the afore mentioned sentence still stands)
Anyone's thoughts on Interstellar? I've read some mixed reviews, but i liked it a lot, though it has some blockbuster moments, but they're overshadowed by the rest. Would give it 9/10.
Saw it yesterday.

It's a hyped up scam, with beautifull visuals but ultimately a movie for dumb people to feel smarter, cause they 'get it', unlike the rest of us..
Gets a 9.1 on imdb, might be worth watching. Then again, Boris' compelling review is convincing me it's shit.
watch out, we've got Mr. Elite in here
Quote from Kid222 :Anyone's thoughts on Interstellar? I've read some mixed reviews, but i liked it a lot, though it has some blockbuster moments, but they're overshadowed by the rest. Would give it 9/10.

Pretty much the same.
The Signal: Interesting, low-budget sci-fi movie with great cinematography/visual effects. Perhaps a bit self-indulgent, but worth a look.

Coherence: Ultra-low-budget SF movie that takes place almost entirely in one room with a small group of people. Quite the mind-bender.

Nightcrawler: Superbly creepy movie about tabloid (TV) journalism and sensationalism. Also a really juicy satire of self-help/entrepreneurial culture.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Coherence: Ultra-low-budget SF movie that takes place almost entirely in one room with a small group of people. Quite the mind-bender.

do all muricans completely lose their shit just becuase the lights go out?
Quote from Shotglass :
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Coherence: Ultra-low-budget SF movie that takes place almost entirely in one room with a small group of people. Quite the mind-bender.

do all muricans completely lose their shit just becuase the lights go out?

Oh, absolutely.
New Jurassic Park movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

To be honest, although the theme music stirred up some pretty hefty childhood memories, I'm a little disappointed. The dinosaurs still seem to still be clinging to the 1980s idea of scaly lizards, when we now have a good idea that pretty much all theropods had feathers, and the 'super-dinosaur' idea is just a bit..... crap.

I am disappoint.
Fury

Awfull.. first time seeing Brad Pitt in a bad movie.
Quote from jibber :The Grand Budapest Hotel:
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt2278388/?ref_=nv_sr_1

If you liked The Life Aquatic, you'll love The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I watched it a few months ago, and thought it was crap altogether. Didn't really get the point of the whole movie.
Quote from Bose321 :Gets a 9.1 on imdb, might be worth watching. Then again, Boris' compelling review is convincing me it's shit.

Post reported
Quote from petercollins :
Quote from Bose321 :Gets a 9.1 on imdb, might be worth watching. Then again, Boris' compelling review is convincing me it's shit.

Post reported

Hi, mate. We have a swear filter in place on the forum. The truly shitty words are blocked, one or two tame ones have not been blocked. Having said that, if these words were used in a nasty way towards other members, action would be warranted. But it doesn't make sense to be offended on behalf of an inanimate thing, so in the context of the post you reported there is no case to answer. Thanks for understanding.

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG