The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014 II
(81 posts, started )
#26 - col
Quote from Lotesdelere :
Indeed. Most boring season I've ever seen.

You've not watched much F1 before then I guess.
Quote :
...I believe Rosberg lost it because at some point he lost his self control and has shown some stupid behaviour...

Hamilton won more then double the number of races, but you think the reason he's champion is Rosberg's loss of self control? Eh? What?
The only reason Rosberg was anywhere near Hamilton was because of Hamilton's terrible luck.
This is what had to happen. IMO Hamilton is a better driver overall. Rosberg is fast on 1 lap but not quite up to pace in races. If Rosberg wins the WDC with this double points BS, there's no justice. Lewis totally deserved it.

I don't expect it but I really hope that the Honda engine will be up to the Mercs in power. While I pretty much doubt Ferrari could finally make a proper car, Seb joined a sinking boat imo. We'll see. Miracles do happen.

It wasn't the best season, even though Merc was dominating, there was still some excitement left for the WDC decider last GP.

A pretty cool season review:

#28 - CSF
The right person won in the end, though I think it would have been interesting had Lewis driving mistakes in Hungary and Germany had left him needing to win on double points... I very much doubt we would have seen the same clamber against double points that we have seen in the UK in recent days...

Nico needs to go away and think about his approach to the weekend this year, his car seemed to be more setup for qualifying, which might be of use in a tight intra-team battle, but not so much against someone in the same car...
No surprises about the championship. I think the final points tally was fairly representative in the end.

Only surprise of the season was how Vettel was so comprehensively beaten by Ricciardo.
Ricciardo was, imho, the driver of the year. In an underpowered car he comprehensively upped his game and demoralised Vettel into that team move. I hope he can get a decent run at the championship next hear he certainly has the talent.
Quote from col :You've not watched much F1 before then I guess.

Not much, only something like 35 or 36 years.

Quote from col :Hamilton won more then double the number of races, but you think the reason he's champion is Rosberg's loss of self control?

No I don't think Hamilton is champion because of Rosberg's behaviour, that's not what I've written. But I do believe Rosberg is not champion because he went nuts at some point (Monaco) and couldn't get rid of it. Or when he did, if he did, it was too late already.
Rosberg going nuts put him in a position to win the championship, you've got it backwards.

his trick at Monaco won him 25 points. His stupidity at Spa netted him a few more.
Quote from CSF :I very much doubt we would have seen the same clamber against double points that we have seen in the UK in recent days...

you guys really need to learn that the last time the uk was relevant was 100 years ago
Quote from Shotglass :

you guys really need to learn that the last time the uk was relevant was 100 years ago

#35 - Gunn
Unfortunate that Rosberg's car failed him. Now we will never know by how much he would have beaten Hamilton in this race.
Quote from Gunn :Unfortunate that Rosberg's car failed him. Now we will never know by how much he would have beaten Hamilton in this race.

He wouldn't have beaten Hamilton. Rosberg had a bad start, Hamilton pulled away and could easily maintain a 2-3 second gap. Rosberg had issues later.
Pretty nice season montage from BBC

Quote from Bean0 :http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/nickheazell/T-shirt%20related/dontmentionthewarsmall.jpg

you mean the two that your once allegedly great nation could only win with us help?
The wars fought between nations are irrelevant but to say a nation with the impact we have on Europe is irrelevant is poor manners and reflects on the poster in question. Each and every nation has its good and bad points, better or worse decades etc. We are ALL as relevant as each other whatever certain extremists might say.
As an aside to the above, Nico will come back next year stronger than ever. It will take an extraordinary and complete driver to beat him. Lewis can as can a few others but he will be at his best in 2015.
Well done for replying so politely to such an ignorant comment. Clearly an embittered fool typing nonsense, or perhaps just looking to stir things up.

Agreed about Nico, but I don't think he will ever be at the Hamilton/Ricciardo/Alonso level when it comes to wheel-to-wheel racing.
Thanks, I think Nico will have learned a lot this year, his first real nitty gritty, gloves off trial in F1. I see where you come from tho' but hope he can challenge more next year and we can see a championship without the nutso double points stuff.
Quote from Myffe :Pretty nice season montage from BBC

It's impressive how quickly they can add those final few shots to that montage in the ~30 minutes they have between the end of the race and the end of the show.

Just hoping that the BBC might have full live coverage back some time soon.
Quote from sinbad :Well done for replying so politely to such an ignorant comment. Clearly an embittered fool typing nonsense, or perhaps just looking to stir things up.

Agreed about Nico, but I don't think he will ever be at the Hamilton/Ricciardo/Alonso level when it comes to wheel-to-wheel racing.

I think he is hurting because the great Mercedes build their F1 race cars in Brackley, England.
Quote from Intrepid :
Quote from sinbad :Well done for replying so politely to such an ignorant comment. Clearly an embittered fool typing nonsense, or perhaps just looking to stir things up.

I think he is hurting because the great Mercedes build their F1 race cars in Brackley, England.

Also probably not the best year to say that given the nationalities of the F1, GP2, GP3, F2 and WEC champions.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Quote from Intrepid :

Also probably not the best year to say that given the nationalities of the F1, GP2, GP3, F2 and WEC champions.

We didn't let anyone else have a look in with regard to the Junior and Senior KF World Champs either.
I'm kind of surprised button is not more interested going into wec. The next honda engine could suffer the fate of the renaults. Being low on power, unreliable and problematic in races. And not to mention that the merc team is going to win everything next year too with mclaren being good if they can get something like 5th. After all they finished 5th this year with the best engine so next year with totally new engine I doubt they are going to get quicker...

Imho there are only two reasons for button stay. Money. Or he plans to drive the car in 2016 as well when the honda engine will be sorted out just like the renault engines will be better in 2015 compared to 2014...

#sillyseason
F1 is still F1 at the end of the day.
Quote from Intrepid :
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :
Quote from Intrepid :

We didn't let anyone else have a look in with regard to the Junior and Senior KF World Champs either.

We? Were you personally involved?

Formula 1 Season 2014 II
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG