The online racing simulator
New Dimension Racing To Cease League Operations In LFS Until Further Notice
Dear LFS Community:

With great regret, we inform you that following the conclusion of the 2014 LFSCART Season, New Dimension Racing will cease all league-related activity in Live for Speed until such time that the LFS community seems ready to support leagues again. With the sharp cliff in LFSCART entries in the last two seasons, the same in the 2014 GTWS campaign, it is obvious to us that the community is not fruitful enough to support league seasons. We also do concede that actions from our end have aided in the decline in recent months.

We will still organize one-off events at our discretion, and will announce such here, on our Facebook page and Twitter page.

NDR will continue to work behind-the-scenes during this cessation of league operations. Main goals include aggregation of all NDR past events to complete the NDR History as much as possible; develop the website more to handle most of the bureaucratic parts of NDR; and prepare to relaunch NDR in any sims we elect to once we are ready to relaunch. We will consider the merits of each sim when we are planning leagues in the future.

Part of the relaunch will involve a complete reset of the penalty system. We will internally compile past decisions and set a new standards and practices policy that we will follow, and will also codify most penalties so that drivers can know what offences merit what penalties. Penalty consistency has been a problem for the entirety of NDR history, and this will be aimed to sort this issue.

We thank each and every one of you from the bottom of our hearts for helping make NDR what it is. We know how vital we have been to the LFS community, but we have decided it is time for stress-free introspective time.
#2 - troy
Thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears you guys put in over the years!
#rip
Sad to hear, I've enjoyed each and every NDR event I've participated in. Many thanks to you guys and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Sadly
#6 - Dr3dD
Quote from Mr. Kninja :Sad to hear, I've enjoyed each and every NDR event I've participated in. Many thanks to you guys and best of luck in your future endeavors.

+1
Kinda sad, was nice to race your events. Get back soon.
cheers and thank you

...hopefully our roads cross in the future
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Had to happen some time. Thank you for all you have done. NDR leagues/events always were the best moderated and marshalled events to ever drive in.
Thanks Deko & team for all your work and the great time we have all enjoyed racing in your leagues from Team Vires.

I'm not really surprised and it seems quite fair. I have really enjoyed your leagues as they brings some professionalism in race organisation but also by being able to understand what common sense actually means. Too many virtual race director have no clue what is that, hopefully we will cross your road in some other sims.
Thanks Deko for all the effort that yourself and the crew have been putting in!

Unfortunately I can't say it is surprising me and I do understand the decision that has been made. It seems and feels that any effort in which way, shape or form in the current state of LFS is a waste of time.

Your leagues were good, and I wouldn't be bothered to find out you are organising them in another sim..

Best of luck in the future!

ty for everything i loved everything and i love all
Quote from troy :Thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears you guys put in over the years!

This.

Sad moment, but the writing had been on the wall for a little while now. Actually I'm quite surprised that deko and co somehow found the strength and motivation to keep going for so long, while everything else was crumbling around them.

Quote from dekojester :We will still organize one-off events at our discretion

I think those could still work pretty well actually. All NDR one-off events I can recall have been huge success(unless you count KY250/500 as one-offs, some of them were quite messy of course). And even if some do go wrong for whatever reason, well, the commitements for everyone involved are a lot smaller.
Sad news for LFS, but perfectly understandable...

THX for all the great races you've provided us over so many years!

Good luck!
#15 - CSF
Yay. You could be mental enough without pulling your hair out over a dead sim.

But yeah, the good times were great, the bad... were boring. But yes, you did a lot for LFS, perhaps too much, and I am glad you have stepped away to use your talents elsewhere.

Too many favorite moments to share, probably too long ago for active people.
I knew this day had to come. Thanks for all the great races you provided us with.
RIP LFS.

Thank you Deko and Co for all the great memories
only good league in LFS with the manner in which races were run. Really disappointed not to see another GT2WS, hopefully we can revive it for next summer or when a new build is out.

This is the league where LLM started out in LFS. All the way at the bottom, running automatic transmissions with Oscar and Jake in GTAL. We had no idea what the **** was going on. To finish out what could be the final GT series with a series win is the proudest moment of my simracing career, even if I didn't drive in that car. It even tops our Indy 500 iRacing.com top split win.
I only did one NDR event but enjoyed casually following it via stream recordings or just by reading through forum.
Always felt too fast series for me and somehow many LFS leagues overlap on sunday/end of week so had to choose
The one event where I entered was the 2013 Kyoto 500. Not a huuuge oval fan, had done few oval races before, but this was in my opinion the best way it can be in a sim. Would say only way, even.
With practice races where drivers can to learn to drive/draft/pit safe, live adminstration over TS during race, safety cars etc. Definitely changed my view on ovals. Was worth it even just for some of the practice races and main race was highlight despite the "boring" track.
That was really cool and thanks to whole team for that.
Quote from Bmxtwins :hopefully we can revive it for next summer or when a new build is out.

And this is exactly the reason why I stopped playing LFS. We are lucky if we have a new build before next summer and I would be optimistic if I were to say that that build includes the new westhill.

I really hope to see NDR back in other simulators. They have always been the best in organizing good leagues.
#21 - CSF
Quote from Bmxtwins :only good league in LFS with the manner in which races were run. Really disappointed not to see another GT2WS, hopefully we can revive it for next summer or when a new build is out.

This is the league where LLM started out in LFS. All the way at the bottom, running automatic transmissions with Oscar and Jake in GTAL. We had no idea what the **** was going on. To finish out what could be the final GT series with a series win is the proudest moment of my simracing career, even if I didn't drive in that car. It even tops our Indy 500 iRacing.com top split win.

Yeah you guys have come a long way Ray.

Date of First New Dimension Racing League Race: 03 February 2008
Date of Last New Dimension Racing League Race (for now): 09 November 2014
Lifespan of New Dimension Racing League Events: 6 years, 9 months, 7 days

Please note, this suspension is not a reflection on NDR's attitudes towards the pace of Live for Speed development. This is an unfortunate reality necessitated by the lack of community involvement to keep events going the way they should.

New Dimension Racing will return to Live for Speed at the proper time.
I truly think that this is the time when most of us should take a rest from LFS. It was a great run, but we really just have to take a step back for now. Let's just hope that the future holds something bright for us...during this time, we can just sit back and perhaps enjoy something else...that should help us get the motivation back that most of us were lacking, including me.
Everything will eventually get better, we just have to be patient.
Quote from dekojester :...

New Dimension Racing will return to Live for Speed at the proper time.

Hope this will be as soon as possible!
RIP. Thanks for the races.

New Dimension Racing To Cease League Operations In LFS Until Further Notice
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG