The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
What in the mind of safety conscious Herman Tilke makes him put those flat-out kinks approaching braking zones for slow sharp corners in the opposite direction? I mean the cars look great around those, but if two cars come together there they'll head straight across towards the the side of the cars exiting the slow corner that comes next.

As concrete barrier circuits go it's not that bad, though.
Snooze fest after the first few laps. Not surprised there have been no comments. Not a lot to say except that Pirelli brought the wrong tyres.
Thank god I didn't wake up, it was at 6 am here.
track was a pile of tilke's shiet. Didn't he learn that a very tight chicane as T1 is th worst thing you could possibly do? For the rest it's a boring track with boring corners (only T3 was a little bit of fun to watch)with ultra wide entries to generate overtakes.
Track wasn't that bad, it was just the tyres where too hard for the track so there was no strategy.
I heard that Pirelli had no information to go on for the track surface, so assumed similar to Austin. They then got caught out by it being smoother/less wear
Quote from Mustafur :Track wasn't that bad, it was just the tyres where too hard for the track so there was no strategy.

This. I think the long curves into braking zones make it quite difficult to make an overtake too though, it would still have been an exciting race if drivers had the option to drop back and save their tyres and make the attack later on. It was difficult to make an undercut work too when the tyres seemed to take a couple of laps to come in
Quote from Mustafur :Track wasn't that bad, it was just the tyres where too hard for the track so there was no strategy.

I think both the track and the tyres contributed to a quite boring afternoon. If it wasn't for Nico once again proving how much of a douche he is, the race would've been entirely uneventful. The lack of tyre strategy was certainly a letdown but that wasn't the only problem. Except for Nico passing cars 2 secs slower than him and Magnussen X Verne fight at the beginning, what else has happened? IMHO not much...
Why is it 'obvious' where Fernando will be going? Or if he is going to continue? Give the red bull a better engine and it would be right there so there is really a three way tie for his services. Given the way Nico has been outraced on every occasion by Lewis and the potential for him to partner Lewis at Mercedes would be interesting
Quote from mike1158 :Why is it 'obvious' where Fernando will be going? Or if he is going to continue? Give the red bull a better engine and it would be right there so there is really a three way tie for his services. Given the way Nico has been outraced on every occasion by Lewis and the potential for him to partner Lewis at Mercedes would be interesting

Because Red Bull and Merc have both already got drivers under contract and confirmed them for next year
Quote from IsaacPrice :
Quote from mike1158 :Why is it 'obvious' where Fernando will be going? Or if he is going to continue? Give the red bull a better engine and it would be right there so there is really a three way tie for his services. Given the way Nico has been outraced on every occasion by Lewis and the potential for him to partner Lewis at Mercedes would be interesting

Because Red Bull and Merc have both already got drivers under contract and confirmed them for next year

Not to mention that Fernando would probably hate to second to Lewis again. RB already has a duo of drivers with great potential. McLaren really remains the only reasonable option...
Why not Lotus ?
Better to stay at ferrari than to go at lotus. Even if the lotus are getting merc engines next year the team is still money strapped like crazy. Plus lotus already has kinda nice lineup. They have someone who comes to work always with suitcases full of cash and can still occasionally drive very fast too. And then their other driver was beating kimi at the end of 2013. Alonso is probably better than grosjean but do they have the money? Do they even have the money for grosjean?
Caterham in big trouble, they will likely miss the next GP
maybe Alonso does a Webber/Button and joins the WEC crew?
Quote from troy :Statement by Caterham F1: http://hosted-p0.vresp.com/843201/f4e6e7eae8/ARCHIVE

And counter by Caterham Group:

Quote :I go on to question how anyone who was interested in the long term future of the business would appoint one of their cleaners – Constantin Cojocar – as the sole director and shareholder of the UK operating Company?

http://uk.caterhamcars.com/news/caterham-group-statement-sale-caterham-f1-team

What a mess...

With the amount of shit that's being thrown about perhaps a cleaner is the best person for the job...

I just feel sorry for the factory staff, who, as usual, are being treated like pawns by the money people.
F1 teams coming in and going bust is part of the tradition of the sport. The only problem is that unlike the good ol' days F1 is starting to run out of teams. Also, unlike even maybe a decade or two ago no new team will every be able to compete near the front, even with multiple evolution and incarnations like we have seen with Stewart GP and BAR.

This has been coming for a while. F1's business model is very out-dated.
I liked the Russian circuit save for the turn 1/2 complex. The classic "let's start the track with a chicane and spread the field quickly or crash them if they make a mistake".
I thought the first few turns were the only remotely interesting thing about the track, tbh.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG