The online racing simulator
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Not that Scawen got it right in the very first update

scawen got it a million times closer to correct in the first update that was released to a limited audience
and brought it to the msot spot on rift implementation out of anything out there by the time he released it to the general public
Well I don't know why you are so pessimistic. MP seems fine. If server has low ping, all cars running smoothly, and you can have an awesome race. Physics are top notch, not even talking about graphics, which are just phenomenal.
Actually I think the problem with the cobra is not with the lateral grip but with the longnitudal. Kinda like lfs before the patch in 2006 I think.

What makes it evident (I could be wrong of course) is that the slides are all about controlling them with the steering wheel but throttle doesn't really do much. Kinda like the old FO8 in 1st gear. On throttle it just snaps away or feels totally planted depending how much throttle you have. Dunno... Should be easy to check with telemetry

Also the throttle pedals feel more unlinear than before. To get 30% power out of the engine you need 70% of the throttle. At least with the brake I can turn the unlinearity off but sadly the throttle unlinearity is car physics setting.
Quote from seniecka :and you can have an awesome race

sure, thats why zero leagues are going on. It's that awesome!
Quote from Hyperactive :Also the throttle pedals feel more unlinear than before. To get 30% power out of the engine you need 70% of the throttle. At least with the brake I can turn the unlinearity off but sadly the throttle unlinearity is car physics setting.

actually it might be totally on purpose. AC allows using a throttle.lut and by this unlinear throttle response (as a few real cars do, Opel OPC models come to mind)

edit: and btw, using some easy to find tool you can unpack all data.acd and run a data folder instead, with whatever edits you like. I made a F40 S3 with GT3 tires, drives quite nice.
Quote from jasonmatthews :Assetto Corsa 9.7MB update. Seems to improve 3d and 1-1 movement!
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2jfoyx/assetto_corsa_97mb_update_seems_to_improve_3d_and/

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2jfl10/assetto_corsa_fix_incoming/

Yep, 3D rendering works now, kudos to Kunos for fixing it quickly.

Menus and Rift usability are still a complete pain, so still some work left there. :P
As usual you are acting like a eighteen year old here, without any arguments just trolling around.

Where is the ignore option on this forum version by the way?
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :
Quote from cargame.nl :

you are so wrong here :P

right.. you call this serious?

http://youtu.be/0qTU9oGPi30?t=4m0s

complete nonsense. 14 cars also and what a race, lol.

This reminds me of LFS demo in T1 on BL1. Is 14 cars in a race the limit or something? That was dull to watch.

Tried the RC today, but it looks great. Only did a quick lap on Spa with Xbox controller, but I'll make sure to try it on my CSW V2 tomorrow. Must be fun for a lap or two.
Quote from cargame.nl :As usual you are acting like a eighteen year old here, without any arguments just trolling around.

Where is the ignore option on this forum version by the way?

I don't need to give the facts, if you are giving them yourself
Exactly, like I said there is nothing serious going on, just some kids "driving" around who have no clue how a car behaves to begin with and never experienced challenging racing. Thanks for that acknowledgment, it was not needed though.

Naming something a league doesn't automatically make it a league. The same counts for racing, two cars driving side by side isn't automatically called racing. Calling it cruise challenge round 1 would be better.

People who say "awesome physics" should be a bit ashamed of themselves, especially on this forum.

But, it's nice to learn the offered tracks a bit better but thats about it considering A.C. ... And well, some eye candy.. Works for most people which didn't reached fully adult status yet
so i didnt get a chance to try it out yesterday (i suppose that was lucky then)
however i spent around 2 hours toying around with it and apart from having to turn pretty much every graphics option to its lowest setting and the loader and monitor setup being a complete mess the rift support works - nearly - brilliantly

2 questions though
1) anbody else experiencing problems that the seating position is too high? i always have to reset while holding my head about 5cm up to get a natrual feeling seating position
2) how the hell do i load and edit setups in rift mode?
just because there is some league which is not well organized, doesn't mean there are none. Just look at racedepartment or ESRA for example.
I would happily say awesome physics. Not perfect by any means, but damn awesome. Small gripe with latest patch is with rear axle performance on extreme trail braking with standard cars, but I'm sure they'll be resolved soon - probably just a bug or a typo somewhere in the code.
Quote from cargame.nl :Exactly, like I said there is nothing serious going on, just some kids "driving" around who have no clue how a car behaves to begin with and never experienced challenging racing. Thanks for that acknowledgment, it was not needed though.

Naming something a league doesn't automatically make it a league. The same counts for racing, two cars driving side by side isn't automatically called racing. Calling it cruise challenge round 1 would be better.

People who say "awesome physics" should be a bit ashamed of themselves, especially on this forum.

But, it's nice to learn the offered tracks a bit better but thats about it considering A.C. ... And well, some eye candy.. Works for most people which didn't reached fully adult status yet

Race department can be your friend.
Quote from tristancliffe :I would happily say awesome physics. Not perfect by any means, but damn awesome. Small gripe with latest patch is with rear axle performance on extreme trail braking with standard cars, but I'm sure they'll be resolved soon - probably just a bug or a typo somewhere in the code.

Coming from you; that means I should stop reading and start driving again. Splendid!
Quote from cargame.nl :
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :
Quote from cargame.nl :

you are so wrong here :P

right.. you call this serious?

http://youtu.be/0qTU9oGPi30?t=4m0s

complete nonsense. 14 cars also and what a race, lol.

Dave, why you judge about simulation by one jerk's behavior on the track? Inadequate statement. Following your logic, it seems that even bad arcade game is great if there are no jerks on the track We judge simulation by its standards, not its community, driving ethics.
Eehh no, this was just a small example. Yesterday I was on the track @Spa on some server running Ferrari 458.. I'm sorry but it's way too easy to control a supercar, it gives me more a Need for Speed feeling then that I actually control a real car. Collisions also are pretty unrealistic, it sort of being in bumper cars which you have on a funfair.

Concerning leagues, I haven't seen a proper organized league yet. This is also impossible to do because there is a lack of tools to properly maintain a server to begin with.

But ah well, maybe I have an hour tonight to check in on Troys server.

Its not that I am extremely negative or something but to say this is awesome, no.
Have you ever driven a 458? Why do you think it would be difficult?
Quote from cargame.nl :Eehh no, this was just a small example. Yesterday I was on the track @Spa on some server running Ferrari 458.. I'm sorry but it's way too easy to control a supercar, it gives me more a Need for Speed feeling then that I actually control a real car.

Could it be because of the factory TC/ABS turned on?

I had a similar experience when driving the SLS GT3 or 458 GT. When I tried driving with the factory assists off, it suddenly felt a bit more predictable for me.

But I'm not blaming the game for it, it can just be me who's used to driving non-TC/ABS GT cars from LFS. Not sure
Quote from cargame.nl :Eehh no, this was just a small example. Yesterday I was on the track @Spa on some server running Ferrari 458.. I'm sorry but it's way too easy to control a supercar, it gives me more a Need for Speed feeling then that I actually control a real car. Collisions also are pretty unrealistic, it sort of being in bumper cars which you have on a funfair.

Concerning leagues, I haven't seen a proper organized league yet. This is also impossible to do because there is a lack of tools to properly maintain a server to begin with.

But ah well, maybe I have an hour tonight to check in on Troys server.

Its not that I am extremely negative or something but to say this is awesome, no.

I did some lap with a 458 speciale, and I find it easy to drive in real life (and by easy, I mean very easy for such a performant car). The way the 458 italia handles in AC is total madness ! The car has a damned crap bad grip on the front ... this is not simply understeer ... I cannot explain, but take the M3 you will see the difference. The cornering is then very strange, and so accelerating the car is just very difficult as a big understeer in entry ends with a bad oversteer on exit . When you take the McLaren for example, you do not have this crazy handling. Same with the Huayra or LaFerrari (but the tyres are not the same).
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Many people reported the 458 understeer "issue", but they are simply overdriving it. You can find a few threads about it on the forums.

this would mean other car with the same tyres are taking at least 5 Km/h more in each corner ... It is well known that Ferrari is not capable of doing a car that corners well Hopefully there is Dacia, Lada, etc .. to teach them how to set up a car
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG