The online racing simulator
Reverse Start Grid
(6 posts, started )
Reverse Start Grid
We are about to redo all our league regulations, and one thing is about to the start grid.

At the beginning of the championship season, in the first race, we have a normal qualify.

In the following races, in the next weeks, from second one to the last, the start grid will be the inversion of the last race results.

We can do this ordering to the pilots to join in the sequence we want, but this is something hard-working, time-consuming, and not too beautiful to watch :-)

An idea we had (and we don't know if it has been suggested before, sorry) is we've had a script where we previously put the names of the all pilots in the order we want to they start, then in the race we run that scrip with a single command just before the restart, or combined with, something like "/restart grid1". The program should organize the grid following the script sorting, ignoring the names which are not present at the server.

Regards :-)

Silvio Camolesi
Sounds cool. You're right that building the grid manually is time consuming and boring.
That's right Soro, this is something i've always missed on these official races when we get some problem and need to rebuild the grid.

And with the new grid rule of our league, I really think that this would be a HELPFUL feature on LFS, I think that this isn't something very hard to be implemented, sorry if I'm wrong

Well... I hope the devs consider this suggestion, I think it's excellent
And I'm pretty sure other leagues would also benefit from this idea. After all, this is a great way to make the races more fun and entertaining, with more overtakings, etc.

[ ]'s
#5 - ajp71
How do the servers currently using reverse grids work?
Quote from ajp71 :How do the servers currently using reverse grids work?

We are requesting another thing. If you race today, and just next weekend race again, there will be no way to do a reverse grid, unless doing a join process. For a championship that should be a great tool.

"In the following races, in the next weeks, from second one to the last, the start grid will be the inversion of the last race results."

Reverse Start Grid
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG