The online racing simulator
New Version 0.6G
(126 posts, started )
Update went perfect on my side. Even if it crashed for a friend, but he managed.

Raced some hours everything OK. Now that the fence are looking better the curbs should get some better treatment as they look ))))...
#27 - CZE
Hey.Where i can find 6G patch for "CUSTOM" texture??
Because this patch instaled me original textures.
Quote from CZE :Hey.Where i can find 6G patch for "CUSTOM" texture??
Because this patch instaled me original textures.

No need for that.

- Backup your textures
- Update
- Restore your textures
#29 - CZE
um...my textures got around 1GB...i dont wanna make backup and copy it back...it take long time.
And if there was a patch we had chance to choose why not now?
Quote from Scawen :
Interesting, I don't get that sky problem. Do you have custom textures installed? Do you get the same issue on other tracks / weather settings?

No I do not have any add on textures or anything like that as I only reinstalled my os a couple of months ago so it's essentially a clean install of LFS.

I'm yet to try other configs or weather settings, I will try and report back
Quote from CZE :um...my textures got around 1GB...i dont wanna make backup and copy it back...it take long time.
And if there was a patch we had chance to choose why not now?

Hello, if you look on the actual patch info page, you will find what you are looking for.

A zip file alternative for advanced users. https://www.lfs.net/patch-6g

I guess, if you know how to install textures, you know how to use a zip file...
Has anyone else noticed slightly lower FPS with patch G?

It seems to be on average 10 - 15 lower for me
#33 - CZE
Quote from Scawen :
Hello, if you look on the actual patch info page, you will find what you are looking for.

A zip file alternative for advanced users. https://www.lfs.net/patch-6g

I guess, if you know how to install textures, you know how to use a zip file...

Hey Scawen.Thank you a lot
The visual improvements for Oculus Rift DK2 are fine.

However, I experice a bouncing of the field of view in hight about every 10 secounds. In general this is a little bit annoying. But sometimes it is even worse. Sometimes I have to look through the roof, sometimes I cannot drive because I cannot look over the dashboard. Does anyone else notice this kind of bouncing?

Head tracking to the left and right is pretty good.
That sounds like a problem with the tracking (which is not controlled by LFS in any way). Most likely the camera is moving a tiny bit. It needs to be on a secure tripod or attached to (for example) a nearby shelf, hopefully safe from any vibrations from your steering wheel.
Thanks for your hint. This solved my problem.

LFS + DK2 is great!
This patch again contains shadow problem like in version 0.6F
Quote from Tomislav531 :This patch again contains shadow problem like in version 0.6F

What shadow problems does it have exactly?
The new update worked perfectly, FPS increased by 10.... and love the way letters above drivers near me turn around....
-
(Omar1) DELETED by Scawen : insulting spam by Boris Lozac
-
(JackCY) DELETED by Scawen : insulting spam by Boris Lozac
Updating was without problem.
One can now actually "look through" the leaves on trees.
Haybales sometimes had this "black aura" around them, or like black cartoony outlines, that is now gone and looks nicer.

Just wonder, what is the idea behind making players go through this screen after each update?

The "options" screen makes bit sense because settings might be changed and players might want to check their graphic options again or controlls. But the car selection screen is basically just the garage/setup screen without option to edit setups? Before each race one selects car & setup anyway?
It is not really bad, just wondering.

In chat I noticed some confusion about "the road looks bad now" because update changes Mip Bias settings.
Think there is also some confusion that players do sometimes not understand that Mip Bias sliders are not for setting "better" graphics.
So they move sliders all the way to right (in attempt to set maximum details) and get very strange plastic looking roads. Maybe bit better description in menu could help.
Quote from JackCY :When can we expect an update that brings something new or fixes bugs for the majority? Not only for Oculus pre-release development kit lucky few?
It's been many years now with no major update or issues fixed.

If you have read the announcement about this update properly, you will have noticed that Scawen will now continue working on the updates needed to release the new Westhill track.
They expect to release that in a couple of weeks.
I have tried all tracks and all weather conditions and the problem is still there, taking the car shine down in the cfg file all the way down to 0.7 hasnt made any difference, heres a few screenies...
Attached images
autox clear morning.png
autox cloudy sunset.png
FE clear day.png
FE overcast.png
Quote from JackCY :Some textures again replaced with update, unnecessarily, so again having to hunt for back up custom textures. Hoped this automatic update didn't do it, but it does, removing the lfs restart again to avoid auto updates. Better do manual and decide what gets replaced and what doesn't.
Please release updates from previous version to the newest, not from 1 year old version to the latest which carries the same texture to replace again and again. It's annoying when it's replacing something it doesn't need to.

There are more ways to get the patch, you could have even got a ZIP file:
Quote :2) MANUAL PATCH (17.8 MB) - If you already have version 0.5Z25 or later :

- Click HERE and save the patch installer.
- You can run the patch installer from its download location or from your LFS folder.
- Alternative for advanced users only : patch in zip format.

See the patch info page (from first post).

The textures were those which have been fixed with the new alpha drawing system.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :If you have read the announcement about this update properly, you will have noticed that Scawen will now continue working on the updates needed to release the new Westhill track.
They expect to release that in a couple of weeks.

Read it, read the past ones too, mentioning Scirocco, Rockingham, work on updated tyre physics, ...
Where is Rockingham? And the rest? These announcements are mostly useless with how well the mentioned were delivered or rather were not.

Quote from Flame CZE :There are more ways to get the patch, you could have even got a ZIP file:
Quote :2) MANUAL PATCH (17.8 MB) - If you already have version 0.5Z25 or later :

- Click HERE and save the patch installer.
- You can run the patch installer from its download location or from your LFS folder.
- Alternative for advanced users only : patch in zip format.

See the patch info page (from first post).

The textures were those which have been fixed with the new alpha drawing system.

So would one think, it is not so. Unpack the Zip and have a look. I'm going over it right now, restoring old textures again. Sure they are very rare but there are seemingly non transparent textures that got updated. "BWpresswin_ALP" for example. Again the textures stored in PIC folder, that's the main tell tale as it messes up the car selection screen, every time.

I did the manual before, switched to the auto update for once again as someone said it actually works better that way, but it doesn't it runs the same patch installation file and replaces anything custom.
Wouldn't mention it, fine we have custom textures, our problem. But look at default LFS textures, they are not really very "high def" and up to this age.

---

danthebangerboy: have you tried a completely new fresh install?
What about different graphic card drivers?
What about different graphic card?

Sometimes glitches are due to GPU and driver and impossible to resolve for every game and program at once. I have this kind of issue with Nvidia on my laptop, they never made drivers that fixed all the issues in all games and programs.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I have tried all tracks and all weather conditions and the problem is still there, taking the car shine down in the cfg file all the way down to 0.7 hasnt made any difference, heres a few screenies...

Your hardware?
As my original post:

HP dc5100 sff PC

Intel gm915 chipset
Pentium 4 2.8ghz cpu (521 Prescott chip)
Ati Radeon hd5450 gpu (512mb)
4gb Kingston ddr2 ram
Windows 7 ultimate x64
Quote from Lucas McFly :Hi

It seems to me that in connection with updating the game to version 0.6G and problems of people with cars displayed incorrectly in graphics cards that do not support DX9 should change to the LFS that the minimum version requirements 0.6G require a graphics card compatible DX9.0

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86569-LFS-graphic-problem-in-0-6G

https://www.lfs.net/downloads

Yep, it could be important. But I don't never imagined that somes gamers still have so old PC that they can't run DirectX9 & PixelShader 2 correctly !
My card supports dx11 so I doubt that would be causing my display problems.

New Version 0.6G
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG