The online racing simulator
Port LFS to C64
(92 posts, started )
Quote :i always loved the "disc-error" sound (flipflipflip-rrrrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrrr) on the old c-64 disc drive.

Huh? You loved that sound? To me that meant Impossible Mission 2 was not gonna load. Which meant bad...
Attached images
liveforspeedc64.gif
#52 - joen
gameboy power

Hahahah, you win the prize for that.
Quote from cool_big_andy :i have the cover for your snes version^^

scawen as princess peach cracked me up
#55 - shim
ah the memories of my early childhood with the C64..
Love this thread
Oh btw: I ported LFS to my cfx. Fear the power of the mighty 3 colors!
Attached images
Casio-cfx-9850-M LFS.JPG
Quote from herki :Oh btw: I ported LFS to my cfx. Fear the power of the mighty 3 colors!

Where did you find so much free space in your room to place it like on the photo ?
ermm..
Attached images
Commodore Pet200_System.jpg
I made a port too. Refresh rate is rather slow though.
Attached images
Image(135).jpg
Quote from Electrik Kar :Huh? You loved that sound? To me that meant Impossible Mission 2 was not gonna load. Which meant bad...

err, ok, sure that sound meant bad news.
but i liked it.
Btw. the was some programm just turned the "activity" light on and off, so it looked like a fading in/out light.
Very much like the "sleep" mode light on some macs...

regards
Quote :I made a port too. Refresh rate is rather slow though.

I'll say.
plz port it to this!!!111

(was actually my first watch)

xD I need to get some more fonts XD
Quote :Very much like the "sleep" mode light on some macs...

I wish I could find my "sleep" mode tonight...
Attached images
casiocalc_l.jpg
I loved those C64/Speccy shots, but that Game & Watch job is a classic

I'm amazed this thread reached 3 pages and is about to hit #4. Well done all
Hey nice one!
This is all I could fit on it...
Attached images
casio_fox.jpg
I reckon LFS on the C64 would be possible!!!!!............ if it was a text adventure!!

-----------
Monday 7th of August. Blackwood GP

You are first on the start grid out of 8 cars. Glancing sideways you notice a car on the grid beside you. You are in the cockpit of an FXO. There is a steering wheel, pedals, gear shifter and assorted switches here. There is a set of start lights to the north. Gradually counting down, with the final green light about to show.

> Press accelerator

Accelerator pressed. The car lurches in a forwards direction with lots of wheelspin. There are other cars here. There is a tachometer here with a rising needle and gear indicator indication 1st gear. There is a shift light here which turns on.

> Shift up.

You have shifted up. Your lead over the following cars has extended by 1meter. There are other cars here. A right hand turn is approaching. There is a steering wheel here. There is a brake pedal here...

#69 - shim
reminds me of Zork Takumi.. :P
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :I reckon LFS on the C64 would be possible!!!!!............ if it was a text adventure!!

-----------

You are first on the start grid out of 8 cars. Glancing sideways you notice a car on the grid beside you. You are in the cockpit of an FXO. There is a steering wheel, pedals, gear shifter and assorted switches here. There is a set of start lights to the north. Gradually counting down, with the final green light about to show.

> Press accelerator

Accelerator pressed. The car lurches in a forwards direction with lots of wheelspin. There are other cars here. There is a tachometer here with a rising needle and gear indicator indication 1st gear. There is a shift light here which turns on.

> Shift up.

You have shifted up. Your lead over the following cars has extended by 1meter. There are other cars here. A right hand turn is approaching. There is a steering wheel here. There is a brake pedal here...

Maybe it could be like this (sorry for stealing your idea).

> Press accelerator

Accelerator pressed. Immediatelly you hear a high pitch engine sound and notice that the tachometer shows it's revving agains the limiter. Your gear is on neutral.

> Shift up

You have shifted up. You hear a crackling sound from the transmission. You have 4 gears out of 5 left. Use clutch. The engine is still revving.

> Press clutch

The engine noise gets higher again. It starts sound like popcorn...

> Put 2nd gear in and lift clutch

You have stalled the engine. Also 3 out of 5 gears left.

> shut up you stupid arcade game

You hear a big collision sound from behind and suddenly you are airborne. After the car has landed, you notice blood on you lap. It's your mother's!!!

> *curse and other malicous text*

Your car burst in flames and you are trapped in the cockpit. Your seatbelts won't open and you burn to death. And it is quite painful.

:sadbanana

()
That's gold.
Can't wait to hear what hapens at T1.

"Press brake.
The car pulls up as you begin to slow. Suddenly you are sailing through the air upside down after you are punted from behind by an amateur driver..."

Quote from Takumi_Project.d :I reckon LFS on the C64 would be possible!!!!!............ if it was a text adventure!!

-----------

> Press accelerator

> Shift up.

Quote :You have shifted up. Your lead over the following cars has extended by 1meter. There are other cars here. A right hand turn is approaching. There is a steering wheel here. There is a brake pedal here...

> E
#73 - Jakg
tonight ill be making LFS - PPC edition

and no, that Pocket PC Edition!
I used to have one of these...

PS, anyone who can tell me the names of the two games I ripped off to make the picture, gets a prize...?

Hmm, now I gotta think of a prize.
Attached images
Sx64lfs.jpg
c64lfs.jpg
one of them is summer games ... but ive got no idea where you got the cars

Port LFS to C64
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG