The online racing simulator
& Genuine Racing
(279 posts, started )
Happy New Year petrol heads!!
You have 2 ready 2 roll banners :P
Happy new year!Good luck in 2014!
Happy new year!
2013 is behind us and like every year we look back to find new ways to improve the organisation, this year our conclusions made us rethink the whole concept behind GenR. We've realised that it was increasingly difficult to maintain common objectives, values and philosophies with 3 teams having different ''problems'' and ideas during this difficult lfs period. We want everyone to have a free hand deciding what they want, so here is what we're going to do:

AA is now back at their previous home/forum at airattack.co.uk and the new dynamic in the team is going to refocus on demo racing without our S2 influence and principles, which were kind of a handicap for the more relaxed atmosphere needed for a demo team. Working together was a great experience and I am really happy to see them so motivated to give it one last push in LFS, they are a force to be reckoned with! We wish them good luck for achieving their objectives!

R4R has been more inactive than active, and with only two members left we can't call it a team any more, so there is no real point in continuing the cooperation this way. That said we are not going to leave our friends without a roof above their heads.

From the very beginning R2R has always been the engine behind GenR, all our focus was on it and we are all very proud of what we've achieved under that tag. Therefore we have decided to abandon the cooperation concept and the R2R name and are going to restructure GenR to be a real team and regroup as one. This move will allow us to set new objectives which are going to include a new/refreshed website, a downsizing of our operations in LFS, a transition to Assetto Corsa (net code will be crucial of course) and much more. We have also renewed our partnerships with our sponsors QServerHosting.com and Van der Mark Transport Rotterdam who are going to support and finance our projects during 2014.

R4R Ben, R4R A3rox and AA Aidan have decided to join us for this new adventure, of course we welcome them with open arms as we all become Genuine Racing team members, and only the GenR tag will be used from now on.

Thank you to everyone who participated to make GenR what it is today, that includes all its members and the drivers who participated in our leagues and series over the years. But we're not done with LFS yet as we move on with a new season of GT Masters!

PS: Opening post has been updated accordingly!
Hopefully this move gives you guys freedom to do whatever you want, it's always hard to balance what a whole team wants, never mind when you're trying to do that for 2/3 teams, lets hope you guys can get some of the motivation for racing back which has been visibly lacking lately
Sadly I am not looking to re-motivate our drivers for LFS any more (though we'll finish the GTWS just because we normally never quit half way through a season, and we'll do the GTM seriously...but after that we have no other plans for LFS), I've spent enough time on that the last few years already and it would cost too much energy to go on when you consider the lack of development and the state of the community. This move is more to prepare the team for others simulators because the last few months they are spending most of their time on sims like rF2, AC and iR already...so I can't hold the transition any longer!
Wasn't trying to say you were good to hear you're moving, its much better to move on than play LFS to the point you hate it.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Wasn't trying to say you were good to hear you're moving, its much better to move on than play LFS to the point you hate it.

I can't agree more!
Off we go now!
Good decision Fram. I can totally relate to how difficult it has been to get drivers motivated to train and drive in LFS for the past year, so I completely understand your decision.

See you in Assetto Corsa once the net code is in place
GL in future myfriends
A bit surprised about the point of time but i asked myself for long why you dont made a real team of it. So finally i expected this somewhere.

Nice to see you go forward! But also hope to see you still in lfs. You´re one of the last "big" ones who bring competition into leagues!

Best of luck!
Two reasons why we didn't do it earlier, we didn't want to lose the team's identities and to allow the step back we've just made. Of course R2R lost its identity, but we don't mind!

I've resisted going multiplatform for a few years now (which cost us many drivers), I do not believe you can do two things and have 100% focus on both. Also the guys are very dedicated to what they do, so I expect them to focus on one once the dust has settled...but of course LFS is our first love and we're not gone yet!
Looks like GenR now has a world champion team member Gratulations to Michael!
Quote from TFalke55 :Looks like GenR now has a world champion team member Gratulations to Michael!

Hehe looks like I had too much tears in my eyes to be able to post first...I am so proud of him, this was a really hard race where he could have avoided confrontation, but his will to be first was just too strong again, just awesome!!

I'll post a link for the race as soon as it is updated...itis a must watch!
Indeed well done (y)
What happened?
Michael won the World Supersport Chamionship yesterday and to make it a perfect day his father Henk (GenR's sponsor) finished on the podium of the Europen Classic championship (with the same bike they won le Mans in 1984) at the 4h of Nurburgring.

To watch yesterday's World supersport race (awesome race), click this link, wait 5 sec and click on ''skip add'' on the up right corner: http://adf.ly/rreFf

Here is the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtFnI9joaE

Here is the classic bike team I manage for Henk: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RoadRunner-Team/264237667007931
Welcome Ricardo ''OTone'' Costa to GenR!
Hello people!

After a long break, we have decided to recruit a new driver!

Give a big welcome to Ricardo ''OTone'' Costa, a Portuguese driver who has proven himself to be very quick. Living next to the Estoril racing track, he has been listening to F1 engines his whole life. He has previously been in Cargame, and more recently SonicRealms. We hope his stay with the team is a good one.

Welcome!
Welcome, Ricardo! Great to have you here.
gl Ricardo!
Ergmerggerd Good luck Ricardu!
Welcome to the GenR family Ricardo!

I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the team and I hope you'll have fun with us!

& Genuine Racing
(279 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG