The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Will we have the number of people viewing each of the subforums like we had in the old forum? I liked that feature because it was a quick way of telling if there was something interesting going on when 40+ people were reading General LFS Discussion or Test Patch Forum.

It's there now
Awesome to see the forum updated from time to time.
Yep good job !!

By the way, do not forget Westhill update screenshots that have disappeared ^^
Thanks for the reminder. Added.
Cool redesign.
nice job i like too see some refreshing...
Were the online PB lost during migration? Did some races yesterday and I noticed that.
Quote from loopingz :Were the online PB lost during migration? Did some races yesterday and I noticed that.

LFSWorld was not migrated, so if there is a problem is not related to the new site.
#359 - kdo
In the file sub forum,

"Unofficial Addons (3 viewing)
Community-made applications can be posted and found here.
Make sure you've read the section about 'Mods' in the agreement before posting your application here!"

The agreement "/privacy" is redirecting to the forum
Victor,

I am trying to setup one of these on-demand hosts. I would like to start Airio though. I am doing all this because I cant setup a private host on my dial up connection since its a modern ipv6 connection and the LFS dedicated host ist not compatible with it.

Unfortunately this leads to the same problem with Airio since I cant setup my IP to allow INSIM, since I simply dont have a public ipv4 IP.

Any ideas?
hmm, our LFS site IS ipv6 enabled and our insim relay as well. You could in theory connect your host to the relay and you could connect your insim app to the relay as well (although it needs support for the relay, which I'm not sure Airio has).

Other than that .. I'm not sure atm. I do plan on adding Airio / Lapper support and I've a insim "plugin" of my own in the works as well (aimed at leagues). Then you could run Airio on the hosting server itself, which would solve your problem. But unfortunatly that's not possible yet.

But .. this dilemma also means you cannot play LFS itself then? Or do you play from another location?
Some more feature suggestions:

1. If (when writing a message) I highlight an url in my post that points to an image (ends with .png/jpg/gif(/bmp?)) and I then click the Image button (4th button from right above the text field when writing a message) it should automatically add the [ img ] tags instead of asking the url for the image when it is already highlighted.

2. And make it do that with url links too. If I highlight this: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86391 (it is obviously a link as it has dots and /s in it) and click the Link it should automatically add the [ url ] tags on it instead of asking the url. Unless the highlighted selection is not a link in which case I'm trying to do this: random text I've highlighted.

3. Another feature that would be nice is to upload images directly from some other url and use them as attachments here instead of manually downloading them from the internets and then uploading to lfsforum as an attachment. It is a bit controversial option though..

The negative is that it may increase the amount of images stored on the lfsforum servers. Other downside is that it may be complex to do (but at least most photosharing sites can do it for the majority of images). It is also stealing traffic from other sites. But vice versa it can save some site from having to deal with the traffic. Naturally sites that run ads generally suffer from it but sites that don't like online stores (for the most part) and personal sites don't really.

Positives is that it prevents some sites from replacing the image with some very.. uhm.. questionable images when it is being hotlinked ( =reduces moderation workload tiny tiny bit). It also makes it easier to store the images and keep very old threads viewable in the future. Links to rsc or even most sites before 2012 not to mention 05-08 can lead to 404 instead of the linked image which can be annoying if the image shows some setting or workaround for a problem.

One way around the hotlinking problem is that if you directly load an image from the url the original url could be shown below the image for the image even if the image is loaded from lfs servers despite being uploaded originally from some other url.

4. when I resize the text field while writing this message and I click "Preview post" it should remember that I resized the text field and not use the default text field size.

5. Could the text bacground color be something else than white when I'm replying to a post. Numerous times already I'm repplying to a post and I keep clicking the text only to figure out after few clicks that the editable text is below and I'm trying to place the mouse cursor on the preview..

6. ^did it again argh...

7. Where are all the smileys?
Good ones. I've noted them so i can have a look at them when I have time.
Quote from nacim :Oh, and please, add a fuction to click on the LFS logo on the forum to return to the main forum page.

It's there now redirecting to LFS homepage, with a subtle on-hover effect.

I think it would be quite confusing to redirect to forum homepage when on the forum, and LFS homepage when somewhere else.
Quote from Victor :hmm, our LFS site IS ipv6 enabled and our insim relay as well. You could in theory connect your host to the relay and you could connect your insim app to the relay as well (although it needs support for the relay, which I'm not sure Airio has).

Other than that .. I'm not sure atm. I do plan on adding Airio / Lapper support and I've a insim "plugin" of my own in the works as well (aimed at leagues). Then you could run Airio on the hosting server itself, which would solve your problem. But unfortunatly that's not possible yet.

But .. this dilemma also means you cannot play LFS itself then? Or do you play from another location?

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I already explained my probelm in detail in the Technical Assistance forum: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86276-LFS-dedicated-host-with-ipv6%3F

Ok, then I will wait for your approach. I just finished the first round of using the On-Demand host. Simply great, works like a charm and no fiddeling with firewalls etc. Thanks for that feature.

I am able to play from my connection. The situation is this, there is an IP reported to the server, if you ping-back that IP though, you wont end up at my place. Its called DS Lite (Dual Stack Lite). So the Master Server supports ipv6? That means I can set an ipv6 IP as my ip in the host cfg? Also, I can set an ipv6 IP in the Access List for the On-Demand-Host? Doesnt seem like:

IPs with errors : 2A**:2**8****:3C***:6***:B***:7**5 (LFS only uses IPv4)
Good to hear the hosting service is functioning well

Ah, DS Lite - my isp is doing a test with that. What that is, is you get a full IPv6 address space and a NAT'ed IPv4 address. So you (will) share your IPv4 address with other people. This means you can still create IPv4 connections to the internet, but you cannot run services anymore. Or in theory you could, if the isp offers you a way to do port forwarding. But I'm guessing they do not.

Putting an IPv6 address in the host.cfg or setup file won't work. LFS itself is not IPv6 ready, nor is the master.

The hosting's ACL section doesn't allow IPv6 addresses to be entered, simply because LFS isn't IPv6 ready yet. So adding them is pointless.
This will of course change in the event LFS becomes IPv6 ready.
Quote from Victor :Good to hear the hosting service is functioning well

Ah, DS Lite - my isp is doing a test with that. What that is, is you get a full IPv6 address space and a NAT'ed IPv4 address. So you (will) share your IPv4 address with other people. This means you can still create IPv4 connections to the internet, but you cannot run services anymore. Or in theory you could, if the isp offers you a way to do port forwarding. But I'm guessing they do not.

Putting an IPv6 address in the host.cfg or setup file won't work. LFS itself is not IPv6 ready, nor is the master.

The hosting's ACL section doesn't allow IPv6 addresses to be entered, simply because LFS isn't IPv6 ready yet. So adding them is pointless.
This will of course change in the event LFS becomes IPv6 ready.

Exactly, then, I pretty much understood everything correct. Any plans on getting LFS ipv6 ready?
Up to Scawen to make time for it.
He's been mailed about it though
Quote from Victor :Up to Scawen to make time for it.
He's been mailed about it though

. I rather have him finishing Rift support and then concentrating on getting the Westhill update though
Still on mobile, the threads appearing as unread, even though they are read on PC.. Any fix for that? IE on Windows Phone 8.1 btw, but i see it's present on all phones?
Probably a stupid question, but you are actually logged in with the same account on both devices?
fixed
Quote from Victor :Probably a stupid question, but you are actually logged in with the same account on both devices?

This issue happened to me too, and I've only got one account. Desktop, laptop, and phone all logged in, but marking things read doesn't work between them all the time.
Quote from Victor :Probably a stupid question, but you are actually logged in with the same account on both devices?

Wow, for some reason i got logged out on mobile and didn't even noticed it. It's good know, but i swear a few days ago when i noticed it, that i was logged in.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG