The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
Replying to a thread seems to be resetting my subscription notification alert preference for that thread to "instant".

I don't want emails about forum posts, ever, I'd rather have an OFF switch that removes any possibility for that ever happening, but at least keep it off unless I tell it otherwise
Quote from mbutcher :It's really nice but some older browsers (especially mobile) still can't render web-fonts.

I've never come across a font that I could not get to render on anything on the web - but there is a trick to it :P

The problem is because there are different OS', so specifying a font you install to a web page usually involves pointing to a particular font file on the server - but different OS' need the file in a different format.

I use Font Squirrel's Webfont Generator to convert my fonts in to all the different formats needed. It should work with everything post WAP :P.

I have not tried FontAwesome, but I would be surprised if it cannot handle the job
Quote from sinbad :Replying to a thread seems to be resetting my subscription notification alert preference for that thread to "instant".

I don't want emails about forum posts, ever, I'd rather have an OFF switch that removes any possibility for that ever happening, but at least keep it off unless I tell it otherwise

If you never want them, I think that should be easy. Click your name at the top right and in the settings section, it should be in there.
Quote from Scawen :If you never want them, I think that should be easy. Click your name at the top right and in the settings section, it should be in there.

Thanks.
I am testing with firefox for android. Font size is good. Overal feel is good.
Login is a bit complicated and quote are hard to distinguish from the rest.
Alright, so sharing is caring.

On the [TC] Forum we wanted to hide as much profile information as we could to keep threads as much about the content of posts as possible. Here's our solution.

At the top right of every post there is a down arrow icon that when pressed displays a larger avatar, forum details, LFS uername, CityDriving online status and the signature at the bottom of the post. This is a "per post" feature and does not persist when the page is reloaded.

Normal view:

Click for hi-res

Expanded view:

Click for hi-res

It works really nicely as it's a quick way of getting information about a user without having to visit their full profile. All of the icons are FontAwesome.
i see the new "New" to go to the first unread post, but the "New" doesnt do anyting all
A small one :)
A really small one: on the "Messages" page the last column says "Replies" followed by the number of messages in the thread rather than the number of replies.

Got me thinking someone had replied to my PM when in fact it was my own message that incremented the number.

Either change the text to Messages or subtract the number by one?

Be cool, stay in school.
Attached images
replies.png
Is there an ETA for the new calender yet? To me it was the most useful part of site.
A built-in timezone converter would be nice, would save a bit confusion of converting times. It is not that hard to do by google'ing but always an extra step.
Maybe even in form of a countdown. ( "Time to start: 2h 35min" )

I hope that with the new site design some league/event organizers become a bit less hesitant to post their events
Sometimes a series was already over when I learnt about it.
Maybe it is because people think their news are "not important enough" of being posted?
I do not want to always look around in subforums or external sites or by chance of being in right teamspeak channel.
So please use the News & Calender more in future, to annouce new saisons, livestreams and similiar.
Indeed, I've watched the end of a few live streams

I'm pretty well up on time zones, but I wasn't without error when running a league back in 2006... That's a great feature suggestion.

I'd like to see a calendar thats hyperlinked to lots of meta data too: server join links, lfs watcher / replay files, LFS world results etc.
I am glad to tell you that all the things you'd like to see in the leagues section are there! Well almost .. or, they will be.

Concerning timezones, you can always simply write in your local time and the site will convert it to UTC for storage, automatically. And then other people will see your time in their local time again. So all times (on this whole website) are always local. When you hover over any time on this site, you'll see a tooltip with the UTC time.

The calendar has links to the leagues / seasons / race info and those pages have their own info links again, with LFS join links (if the server is online). There will be the option of season / round signups, for single racers or multiple. In fact, the league admin can set whatever requirements and information he needs himself.

I'm pretty far along with it already, but i still need to finish a few pages and then make it all a bit more user friendly. Then it can go live. The only problem is that I'm completely swamped at the moment and have very little time to work on the site throughout weekdays. This week I've only been able to fix critical bugs and do a few tweaks.
But ... will get there, though it may still take a few weeks. And then a few more weeks to tweak when public feedback comes in.
Unread post icons
The "NEW" texts have now been replaced by icons and moved to the left side of the forum names.

The "new posts" icons next to subforum names on the main forum page are still to be done.
Quote from Flame CZE :The "NEW" texts have now been replaced by icons and moved to the left side of the forum names.

The "new posts" icons next to subforum names on the main forum page are still to be done.

Ahem.
Attached images
ahem.PNG
That's great news Victor. Just a thought: How does it handle entering times on a future date that is on the other side of a local timezone change?
Can't wait to see the revised league section!
Quote from Victor : when public feedback comes in.

Can you also think about an export function like RSS? Because I would like to publish it on the CG website also and more importantly in the InSim itself. Of course I can think about own implementations but then everything needs to be filled in twice and that is unnecessarily extra maintenance.
Quote from Flame CZE :The "NEW" texts have now been replaced by icons and moved to the left side of the forum names.

nice but the feature could do with some more fiddling

also could you bring back the seperator that shows where new posts since your last visit start?
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from Becky Rose :That's great news Victor. Just a thought: How does it handle entering times on a future date that is on the other side of a local timezone change?

It's handled client side. Since JS knows your timezone / offset it can convert to utc (and back again) perfectly.
Where the heck did the "NEW" button went? Now I can only go to either OP or to last post.
Icon to the left of titles.
Ooooh. I was quite sure it brings me to last post so I didn't even check . Thanks.
Quote from Sobis :Ooooh. I was quite sure it brings me to last post so I didn't even check . Thanks.

Hmm, will see if the icons could be made more obvious that they link to first unread post.

And the icons on the subscriptions page are bugged indeed, those should be fixed shortly.
I would also prefer the icon to be much larger, it's still quite tedious to hit it, instead of the big topic text...
Will we have the number of people viewing each of the subforums like we had in the old forum? I liked that feature because it was a quick way of telling if there was something interesting going on when 40+ people were reading General LFS Discussion or Test Patch Forum.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG