The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
Quote from danielroelofs :lol..

There you go:

"In the qualifying for the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix, while both McLarens were in the pits, Alonso remained stationary in the McLaren pit for a few seconds. This delayed the then provisional pole sitter and team-mate Lewis Hamilton long enough to prevent him from getting another 'hot lap' in. Alonso then went on to claim pole.[73] McLaren boss Ron Dennis later said the team had got "out of sequence" when Hamilton did not as agreed allow Alonso past earlier in the qualifying session. He added that Alonso was "under the control of his engineer" when he was waiting in the pit lane.[74] However, Alonso was subsequently given a five-place grid penalty[75] and his McLaren team were docked the 15 constructors' World Championship points they would have earned in the race.[76]"

this was so good. Such Timing.. just outstanding and Hamilton deserved it after he made sure Alonso couldn't do an extra lap before.

Anyway.. who ever you name, Senna, Schumacher, all the big ones.. There is non without controveries.. so dont get your point.

:drummer: :sheep: :dogrun:
The weak get eaten easier, you have to be tough to be the best
Lol Bottas tought he's on a drift server in that gif
So, racing incident between ROS and HAM and a lot of people go apeshit and hours of TV coverage is devoted to covering the minutiae of the incident. HAM (almost certainly) jumps the start at the Italian GP (car almost certainly moved before the red lights went out) and it barely gets a mention...totally makes sense.
Well, that didn't look staged at all.
That face of Toto Wolff
Eddie Jordan's grid walk was so awkward to watch.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Eddie Jordan's grid walk was so awkward to watch.

Yup. That was when I decided to turn over to Sky.... :|
Was a really great race today..

But seriously this useless, ignorant, moronic and idiotic inconsistency from the stewards is such a farce, how can they decide to penalize Magnussen for that T1 incident, I just cant make sense of the way they figure out who`s to get a penalty and who isnt.
We have seen drivers forcing other drivers off the track several times this season, ex. Lewis blatantly forced Nico off in Hungary(which in my opinion was perfectly fine) and not being penalized.

Im flabbergasted as to how moronic these so-called race stewards are and as to how they come to their conclusions. Let the drivers race and stop these silly race ruining penalties.
Quote from amp88 :Hamilton's jump start: http://makeagif.com/i/aUKPDd

Just drop it and relax mate...there's a proximity switch in the tarmac, he didn't move enough to trip it. That's all...it has happened before and will happen again, if the switch doesn't go off it's not a jump start.
Quote from lamerr :Was a really great race today..

But seriously this useless, ignorant, moronic and idiotic inconsistency from the stewards is such a farce, how can they decide to penalize Magnussen for that T1 incident, I just cant make sense of the way they figure out who`s to get a penalty and who isnt.
We have seen drivers forcing other drivers off the track several times this season, ex. Lewis blatantly forced Nico off in Hungary(which in my opinion was perfectly fine) and not being penalized.

Im flabbergasted as to how moronic these so-called race stewards are and as to how they come to their conclusions. Let the drivers race and stop these silly race ruining penalties.

Agreed, I was amazed they did that. There are countless identical incidents every season.

Definitely a jump start too. Not sure if there's any stewards's discretion, but if the sensor wasn't triggered it should have been.
Quote from PhilS13 :
Quote from amp88 :Hamilton's jump start: http://makeagif.com/i/aUKPDd

Just drop it and relax mate...there's a proximity switch in the tarmac, he didn't move enough to trip it. That's all...it has happened before and will happen again, if the switch doesn't go off it's not a jump start.

Either you're moving or you're not. I have no idea how the system failed to detect this, but it's pretty clear.

edit: Anyone know what the converging shift lights are on Kvyat's wheel here are? Looks like it might be some kind of braking point aid?
Quote from amp88 :Either you're moving or you're not. I have no idea how the system failed to detect this, but it's pretty clear.

Do you really think he gained anything with that? His start was terrible anyway so it doesn't really matter.
Quote from amp88 :
Either you're moving or you're not. I have no idea how the system failed to detect this, but it's pretty clear.

edit: Anyone know what the converging shift lights are on Kvyat's wheel here are? Looks like it might be some kind of braking point aid?

Absolute zero movement does not exist for a car on a starting grid. Do you want the sensor to go off when there's a gust of wind? A detection system has to have a certain tolerance to it. He was in it....very lucky to be in it but still he was in it. AFAIK it was a car problem, it never went into "race start" mode, the whole start procedure went out the window and the clutch was probably all over the place.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you really think he gained anything with that? His start was terrible anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Whether you gain an advantage from breaking the rules doesn't matter in a number of cases. Saying "well, he jumped the start, but he still lost places" doesn't excuse it.

Quote from PhilS13 :Absolute zero movement does not exist for a car on a starting grid. Do you want the sensor to go off when there's a gust of wind? A detection system has to have a certain tolerance to it. He was in it....very lucky to be in it but still he was in it. AFAIK it was a car problem, it never went into "race start" mode, the whole start procedure went out the window and the clutch was probably all over the place.

I understand what you're trying to say and I disagree.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Quote from amp88 :Either you're moving or you're not. I have no idea how the system failed to detect this, but it's pretty clear.

Do you really think he gained anything with that? His start was terrible anyway so it doesn't really matter.

He might have been one place further back by t1, and that could snowball into him not catching Nico until his tyres are too worn out to challenge him.

I don't know what the exact jump start rules are. It's not hard to keep a car completely motionless, any wheel rotation is more than just a little movement, if you're accounting for the wind and the rain buffeting the car on the grid which is understandable.

If the stewards used their discretion because Hamilton's start was bad (because of a different reason, not in reaction to his own jump start), then I don't think I agree with that.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN) : nvm
Quote from Töki (HUN) :He stopped right after that movement.

He didn't stop. Once he started moving (clearly before the lights went out) he kept going.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Quote from sinbad :
He might have been one place further back by t1, and that could snowball into him not catching Nico until his tyres are too worn out to challenge him.

Looking at the amount of movement it doesn't look like that would cost him positions at all. It's not like he jumped out just before the lights went off. Then he would have gained some advantage. He stopped right after that movement. There could be bigger gaps between the cars after gridding so I can't see the point. We are talking about a few centimeters, not half a meter.

I was being somewhat facetious, hence the smiley, though he didn't stop. It's all small margins, though. 5cm and 1km/h of rolling momentum off the line could mean another 50cm of overlap at turn one, which could be the difference between taking and conceding the position, so whilst I am inclined to agree with you, the importance of these tiny margins shouldn't be understated.
Yes, watched it again after I sent the comment.
Well apparently false starts are against the rules but if you false start just a little bit it is fine.

As for the magnussen penalty. Some little bit of consistency would be nice. For most of the time the drivers have been allowed to push others off the track without any consequence but sometimes it just happens to be worth penalty. Personally I think it is stupid that the drivers are allowed to do that for the most of the time. If you push someone off the track you either give up the position or get penalized. Shouldn't make it any different if it happens during braking or corner exit.

Either way the fia is only harming the racing. If we allow drivers to push others off the track we see less wheel to wheel racing because being on the outside is essentially going to be an offtrack. If you give random penalties for it then drivers will do it and we get these redonkulous situations where the positions are not decided on the track but after the race you get some random dice roll decision. If pushing other drivers off the road was forbidden we would see more wheel to wheel racing and two wide through corners because the car on the inside can not just ignore you or push you off the road.
Quote from amp88 :edit: Anyone know what the converging shift lights are on Kvyat's wheel here are? Looks like it might be some kind of braking point aid?

Wheel/lights resetting for some reason?
Maybe some kind of drs detection system/help?
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG