The online racing simulator
A New Site
(469 posts, started )
It is nice to see most of you like this new site

Though I agree with the complaints about the lack of responsive design, I was assured that it would be implemented in the future.

Quote from Tomislav531 :When will scirocco be realeased?
I nearly wait everybody will drive hard track setups hahahahaha.

It will have limited setups, so you are not too wrong thinking that hahaha
Quote from Bean0 :

Click your name in the upper right, next to the logout button

Allrite, could've been more patient while searching. Still wondering why i'm subscribed to years old threads (which aren't even transferred to these new forums). But i hope, since it's all still WIP, it'll get sorted out in time.
Quote from IsaacPrice :Looks terrible IMO. It looked much better before to be honest, maybe it just takes some getting used to.

I was trying to find a nice way to say this exactly.
Maybe it's probably me who was too used to working with the good old style of vBulletin, or just me being a hipster and having a bad reaction to some good old-fashioned change. Maybe both.
I have no problem agreeing that the old forums looked outdated and were in desperate need of a facelift, but now that said facelift has happened, I do feel a bit lost in the new look
But change is change and I guess I'll have to get used to it, and probably when I do I'll warm up to this new style.

One thing that I'm unhappy with, though: Avatars' max size down to 96x96 pixels? Whatsupwitdat? *quickly crosses arms*
Indeed, I think that increasing the max width x height wouldn't hurt. What about 150 x 150 as the max resolution for an avatar?
Is it finished already? Looks like it's in some kind of alpha stage. Why isn't even adaptive, we live in 2014 nowadays.
Quote from Bose321 :Is it finished already? Looks like it's in some kind of alpha stage. Why isn't even adaptive, we live in 2014 nowadays.

It is not finished, many new features are to be added over time. Adaptive design is also on the to-do list.
Very refreshing, excellent work.

It'll take a bit of getting used to since I've been using the old one for over a decade!

Fantastic!

This site definitely has a need for a responsive design now. I'm willing to provide any assistance with that particular part as I have been building responsive sites and apps for a fair while now.
Some feedback:
- when I log in the forum should go back to the same thread I was originally reading before I logged in and not really give that "where to go next" page.
- text is smaller. Why?
- in the old version it was easy to see at first glance which threads had new replies. Now you basically need to read every line to see which threads have new replies because the text "new" is in same color as the rest of the text. Maybe make the text "new" different color like red to make it stand out more?
- new posts in threads (since your last read of the thread) are not highlighted in any way so you need to remember where you left off last time when you were reading the thread.
- those links on the top of the page (forum/user profiles) look like tabs but are just links. Imho clicking "user profiles" and then "forum" should bring you back into the thread you were originally watching and not to the forum main page.

- as for new features can we get embedded youtube videos?
Quote from Hyperactive :- as for new features can we get embedded youtube videos?

I suggest you to take a look at page 3
Quote from MousemanLV :The top bar is just fine, makes it look even better! I don't see anything wrong with it.

No big deal, I just don't see why those particular things need to be at the top all the time, and the bar does not work with Android, you can't zoom in on the right hand side things to click log-in. Speaking of which, is it time to make LFSworld work with phones now?
Tags
There are four new BBCode tags (that I know of):

[youtube] - embedded YouTube video
[vimeo] - embedded Vimeo video
[spoiler] - block of you want to be hidden on default
[lfs] - LFS join link to a server

[spoiler]This is a spoiler[/spoiler]

Spoiler - click to revealThis is a spoiler

[lfs]SAVAGE SimSports[/lfs]

SAVAGE SimSports

[lfs=SAVAGE SimSports]Join me[/lfs]

Join me

They still need icons to be added to the post edit page.
great work with the page
and a next step to a lfs refresh
could you move the "new" link on the "New Posts" search back to the left of the thread links (where it used to be) so the location where you have to click doesnt jump around with every thread?
Really nice update
Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but it seems that under the 'cars' section of the new site, there is actually a viewer embedded. It seems to be connected to LFS World as well, as you can view uploaded skins there too.

New site is awesome!
This new website/forum and design is truely amazing.

I absolutely adore the new way the content is shown on the website. Or for example, the little car + info images that changes along on the top right.

Also the addition of these nice statistics on the home-page is fantastic. (Online Racing Activity)

I really think with this website, and it's design, all who contributed to this result deserve a round of applause, cause it's amazing!

Great work!
Nice! good work!
Bit of a shame, you go to all that trouble of a new design and don't even make it responsive...
Does "responsive" have a special meaning, or are you not really saying anything? The site seems to respond very quickly whenever I click anything, so I'd say it was responsive.

EDIT : I see a lot of people are saying "responsive". Never heard of it before. Pretty stupid word, whoever first chose it, as actually it's a very general term. Maybe you could fill us in on the special meaning it has in this case? I'm too busy to google at the moment.
He means responsive design, that the site layout adapts to the width browser window. Now it's just fixed width.

Again it's something we would like to implement in the future.
Thanks.

So someone chose an extremely general word that just means "something that reacts well", and applied it to an extremely specific meaning... "a website that can adjust its layout depending on the width of the window allocated to it".

That is ridiculous, let's not let jargon totally override the English language. This site really is very responsive, to anyone who can speak English.
Would be really nice if clicking a thread title would take you to the last unread post, like it did on the old forum.
Quote from Matrixi :Would be really nice if clicking a thread title would take you to the last unread post, like it did on the old forum.

There's a button (arrow >) for it already, located below on the right side of the time when the post was publicized.

A New Site
(469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG