The online racing simulator
looking for off road game
(20 posts, started )
hi guys
is there any good off road sim game out there ? (not rally cars)
Spintires

haven't played it, but people who have say it's pretty good.
Spintires is epic.

You can also try BeamNG and Rigs of Rods. They're no off-road games, but you can have a lot of fun off the roads with plenty of mods.
Screamer 4x4, old game but lots of fun! Mainly about trial riding. But very good though
Oh, Screamer 4x4 was pretty good back in the day! Spent hours doing those trails!
Quote from Scrabby :Screamer 4x4, old game but lots of fun! Mainly about trial riding. But very good though

Screamer 4x4 is kinda poor version of spintires tbh. At the time the screamer 4x4 was pretty nice game but it had some fundamental problems. One was that the tires had the typical lateral grip issue where if you tried to drift a rwd car it just spun around. This is very wrong for offroad driving where the tire should dig into the ground and give more grip. Also as a game it focused way too much on drivng the sections as fast as possible. It was more of a car orienteering game than an offroad game. It even had sort of rallycross events with keeps . And it didn't have mud.

Spintires is everything screamer 4x4 should have been. You drive the car against the environment and not against the clock.
Hey, it wasn't that bad for an offroad game that was released in 2000!

Spintyres is in a league of its own!
1nsane is also fun. Played that a lot back in the days.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Wenom :IMHO Spintires is not worth the full price. Wait for a sale or more content because the game gets boring after 5-10 hours.

More like 30 minutes.
I take it as you count on physics aspect, then Spintires is the only solution. It's like RBR in terms of rally games. Speaking of that, I pray for someone who will do a rally simulation with all that it gets.
Quote from Mysho :I take it as you count on physics aspect, then Spintires is the only solution. It's like RBR in terms of rally games. Speaking of that, I pray for someone who will do a rally simulation with all that it gets.

Maybe this?

http://www.grally.net/
Oh wow, so many amazing old titles! So many memories! I spent countless amount of hours on 1nsane, absolutely wonderful to mess around. Same goes for Screamer 4x4.
Quote from Wenom :IMHO Spintires is not worth the full price. Wait for a sale or more content because the game gets boring after 5-10 hours.

Not if you play it in hardcore mode and with good people in multiplayer (people who complete objectives and help each other when someone is stuck). There's always epic moments, real good fun, nice teamwork. I think i've clocked well over 100 hours and am still enjoying it. You're doing it wrong...
Given no Rallying, which RSRBR2014 has got covered completely (grally has to beat this to be great, a pretty difficult job), then for off roading there's also Off-Road Drive which is ok. ( in its own way )

It is strongly recommended to use a wheel as most of the iffy reviews were clearly using the keyboard.

Not perfect but good off road fun, but it does try to be a simulator, rather than an arcade game.

This may help, a review list of the better ones...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT5N4GN20Wc

In addition the the above post suggestions,
Fuel.
MotorM4X.

Spin Tires is probably the best tho, it's hard to beat hardcore Russian vehicles !
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I remember having great fun with Motorm4x
Quote from jibber :Not if you play it in hardcore mode and with good people in multiplayer (people who complete objectives and help each other when someone is stuck). There's always epic moments, real good fun, nice teamwork. I think i've clocked well over 100 hours and am still enjoying it. You're doing it wrong...

true...we should meet for a bit of fun some time.
I'm buying it!

add me on steam, we can coop then!
kevcor959
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
http://store.steampowered.com/app/200230/

Try that, $3.74 US till the 15 Sept.

EDIT:

Ok, sorry. It was the above comment that confused me.

Carry on...........
Quote from Racer X NZ :http://store.steampowered.com/app/200230/

Try that, $3.74 US till the 15 Sept.

You just posted the same link as Wenom did 2 posts above yours.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom

(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG