The online racing simulator
Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
Rosberg did turn into Hamilton.
Hamilton also came across when heading into the second part of a chicane... unlike Massa who was just taking the left hander before going onto the straight... in fact Lewis had bailed out, but simply drove into Massa when trying to go for the undercut...
Yes, and the tarmac was a slightly different colour; and it was at night - totally incomparable.

In both cases the driver ahead and on the inside took their rightful racing line and in both cases the driver behind touched the other.
Man I'm really starting to see the trend, when it comes to the flags of those in denial that it wasn't a racing incident...
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Man I'm really starting to see the trend, when it comes to the flags of those in denial that it wasn't a racing incident...

you think, its not like Hamilton would possibly have any non British fans.

Atleast after this year he has acted like a complete idiot.
Yeah he ran a bit wide in the rain while racing side by side, racing incident, just like on sunday. Case closed.
Not sure that a Youtube link = case closed.

Rosberg wasn't on the outside. He was on the inside of the left hander. Both had successfully navigated, side-by-side, the right hander. Technically Hamilton turned in on Rosberg (though note: I am not apportioning blame).
I think the point of the video is that Rosberg held his line with a car much further alongside him than he was alongside Hamilton. So why should he say that anybody should leave him room when he barely has front wheel to rear wheel overlap?
I could make it look like someone turned on me when I try an impossible move. You have to be an idiot to think that move was ever on. It's not even on in the wet with massive over-lap.
Man, skysports postrace show really brainwashed you, do you even listen to what you sound like?
When the contact happened it should be noted Rosberg had nearly two cars worth of tarmac to avoid Hamilton to his left. There was AMPLE room there. He is either an idiot for not knowing how to race or a genius.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Man, skysports postrace show really brainwashed you, do you even listen to what you sound like?

Yeah I guess he was just unlucky or something then, Rosberg probably just got confused and thought Lewis would jump out of the way and let him back through to make a show for the crowd, maybe he thought it was a charity fun race demonstration event or whatever.

I mean the rest of the time every single driver does what Hamilton did, every single time, so if it wasn't a really stupid move by Rosberg, it must be something like that.
What some people are suggesting, if they apportion any blame to Hamilton, is that in all cases a car must leave a car's width to the apex and exit, at all times. Basically what is being suggested is that cars go round like they are Scalextric all the time.

I've seen 8 years try what Rosberg did and then get told pretty quickly "don't be an idiot" and generally if they aren't an idiot they don't do it again. If an 8 year old can learn it...
Hamilton and Maldonado Valencia 2012. I know this clip isn't a direct comparison to the incident on the weekend (because in this clip Maldonado is in a much better position), but it's worth posting anyway, as an example of Hamilton's inability to handle certain situations.
Quote from amp88 :Hamilton and Maldonado Valencia 2012. I know this clip isn't a direct comparison to the incident on the weekend (because in this clip Maldonado is in a much better position), but it's worth posting anyway, as an example of Hamilton's inability to handle certain situations.

Yes but that incident is also probably Maldonado's fault, he tried to rejoin the track and bottomed out and drove into the side of Lewis... The only thing Lewis did wrong was not accept the fact he was probably going to get overtaken anyway because his tyres were dead, and took a risk that wasn't worth taking.

But let's compare to that. Lewis left more space in the exit of the first part of the corner at Spa, had much better tyres - in Valencia 2012 his tyres were shot, they weren't in Spa. Oh and Maldonado was a lot further alongside than Rosberg, Rosberg opened the steering as a natural reaction seeing he had lost the corner, then thought about it and didn't want to just give way.

It's a general problem with being on forums discussing F1, people defend their favourite driver, or attack drivers they don't particularly like and just keep twisting the truth in an attempt to fit what they want to see but in this case it was Rosbergs fault, no blame at Hamilton's door IMO. Racing incident? Probably. But when it is your team mate who you are fighting with for the championship, and cost the team the win with both drivers and it's 100% your fault then yeah that is a big deal.

I'm not even a Hamilton fan, in fact I dislike the guy. I think he's a massive tool to be honest. In certain instances I have been defending Rosberg here this season, and saying Hamilton was taking advantage of the fact he is his team mate and forcing him into a position he had to back off. But that wasn't close to what happened here, Hamilton covered the inside and drove normally, Rosberg forced himself into putting a mm of his front wing alongside Hamilton on lap 2 of a race. Rosberg will end up regretting that because there is still a long way to go in the championship and if you start to lose some team support now, that is arguably a bigger factor than the 18 points.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Rosberg wasn't on the outside. He was on the inside of the left hander. Both had successfully navigated, side-by-side, the right hander. Technically Hamilton turned in on Rosberg (though note: I am not apportioning blame).

Hamilton took the racing line, as was his right.

(Though note - I think he is a bell end as well)
Quote from IsaacPrice :Yes but that incident is also probably Maldonado's fault, he tried to rejoin the track

Hamilton pushed him off track.
And that makes it okay to t-bone the other car into the wall?

Hamilton could and with hindsight should have done something differently considering the situation of that race even if it was at the end of the day Maldonado's fault they crashed. The weakness you are showing is knowing when he is beat, not knowing when to give up and when to take the safe points rather than risking everything for a few extra points.

I don't really see it as Hamilton who took the risk at Spa, and considering that I don't even like the guy and am usually against him, and haven't even watched any post race stuff to be "brain washed" by I think you have to have some serious bias to see it differently. But that's just my opinion and we'll have to agree to disagree I suppose
Quote from IsaacPrice :And that makes it okay to t-bone the other car into the wall?

No, when you get pushed off track and can't control your car because of the kerbs it's not exactly your fault.
No, when you go off the track you have to rejoin SAFELY, not just at the earliest opportunity. Once he was off the track, he had to rejoin safely - not at the earliest possible opportunity and continue to attempt to overtake Hamilton. I see your point but it isn't the same as Spa 2014.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Man I'm really starting to see the trend, when it comes to the flags of those in denial that it wasn't a racing incident...

glass houses...
Quote from IsaacPrice :No, when you go off the track you have to rejoin SAFELY, not just at the earliest opportunity. Once he was off the track, he had to rejoin safely - not at the earliest possible opportunity and continue to attempt to overtake Hamilton.

Given how much kerb drivers have been taking in the last few years perhaps Maldonado thought he would be able to run over them and keep control of the car. At the point where he attempts to rejoin there would have been about enough space to make the move stick, as Hamilton jinked right. The understeer as the car bottoms out on the kerb is the reason why it looks like Maldonado t-boned Hamilton. If he was really trying to t-bone him why would he have about 90 degrees of left steering lock in the car at the time?

Quote from IsaacPrice :it isn't the same as Spa 2014.

Hence why I said:

Quote from amp88 :I know this clip isn't a direct comparison to the incident on the weekend (because in this clip Maldonado is in a much better position), but it's worth posting anyway, as an example of Hamilton's inability to handle certain situations.

edit: Incidentally, I do believe Rosberg should take the majority of the blame for the incident at the weekend. However, I also think it was important for him to establish the fact that he won't take Hamilton's shit any more.
The problem is Hamilton didn't give him any shit. Hamilton didn't do anything aggressive, anything out of the ordinary. Rosberg just looked like a complete pussy. If he wanted to do something to 'make a point' send a large one up the inside sideways like a nutter. Not try a complete pussy move round the outside that only serves to inform Hamilton that Rosberg can't race for shit.

You see it ALL the time. Drivers trying to make a point but make an even bigger dick of themselves. Either do it properly like Senna at Suzuka... or not bother.
Some interesting, and sad at the same time, updates from the Netherlands about Ferrari. Looks like the feeling I had for a while now becomes more truth than I had hoped for.

As most will probably know, Fiat owns the largest part of Ferrari, although it didnt had to say hardly anything about it. Ferrari was always led by Ferrari's management and the President himself di Montezemolo, who is a very intelligent person and brought Ferrari to this level of being the strongest brand in the world and making enormous profits out of a company that had a very hard time to survive. Ferrari so does a great job for Fiat on the Financial level.

The old big Agnelli boss always remained having 100% convidence in di Montezemolo and so all decisions were made by Di Montezemolo. ( A nice interview from SkySports with Schumacher gives a little insight how Di Montezemolo led everything to success, how he put the right people in the right places and took care for the financial resources.

After the moment Domenicali had to go as the principle of Ferrari's racing division, the Scuderia, I had my doubts whether this was caused by Di Montezemolo. It is now starting to become clear that Marchionne and Di Montezemolo not really leveling out anymore and have different opinions. Quite reliable sources saying it was Marchionne who kicked Domenicali out and put Mattiaci in.

Fiat is restructuring heavily, soon or perhaps already isnt even an Italian Holding anymore but Dutch. As Fiat's headquarters going to be situated in The Netherlands due to convenient tax situations. Di Montezemolo immediately reacted by saying that Ferrari will not move one step across Italian borders, which is perhaps Fiat's biggest money making brand. Obviously Di Montezemolo is making the right choice as Ferrari and Italy are so related. This will create an future barrier between Fiat and Ferrari and it's perhaps a gap Marchionne does not want. Ferrari producing the engines for the new Alfa Romeo and Maserati cars and more cooperation has recently started between the companies.

Marchionne is the head of Fiat and a management flaw so far. With his 10 different long term company strategies within 10 years, completely not being able to make Fiat, Maserati, Alfa Romeo work again. He now has thrown Luca di Montezemolo out of the administrative council, Luca is not longer a part of that. Luca always presented Ferrari's future plans to its stakeholders, also now this is being done by Marchionne, which took over the Ferrari part of Montezemolo.

A more than scary situation and hopefully this will not cause more instability for Ferrari. Such a shame that one of the greatest leaders who grew up next to Enzo Ferrari is being pushed away like this. With Marchionne at power.. my hopes are slowly going down the drain. Luca was so involved in the Scuderia and did anything for it, it's his biggest passion.

Come on Luca, let your arabic friends buy Fiat out or something.. save Ferrari. Let Fiat put its brands to the stock exchange but leave Ferrari out of it pls!
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG