The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :There's going to be Caterham CSR from the Cobra folks

It is probably going to be payware mod...
Yeah, but i'll probably go for it.. Love Caterhams.
Quote from Hyperactive : ...payware mod...

last time I came across that word was during my Flightsim days anno 2000 - 2005 Back when high end airplane and scenery mods were shipped out on CDs.
After some playing around, I have to agree with R3dman, Croft is to bumpy, so going to drop that for Blackwood

Fordie
Quote :Assetto Corsa – TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION License officially revealed!

With more than 10 milions vehicles produced per year, Toyota Motor Corporation is one of the most popular car brands in the world.
It is also one of the most wanted car brands for racing games: drift lovers and race enthusiasts know very well many of its most iconic models, like the Supra MK IV, the Celica, as well as the modern GT-86.

Therefore we are so glad to announce that Assetto Corsa will include in future, as officially licensed contents the following Toyota car models:

Production:
GT-86
SUPRA MK IV
CELICA
AE-86
Racing models:
GT-86 GT4
TS040 HYBRID

Featuring an endurance prototype with the TOYOTA TS040 HYBRID, this agreement introduces a totally new category in the Assetto Corsa's garage, and other car models that race in the same class will follow in future. We are pretty sure gamers will appreciate this variety.

As always, we'll be happy to share with our fans the making of these great and much requested Japanese cars. Our development team had the chance to test at Nordschleife and Vallelunga circuits some of these models, and will reproduce each one of them with the accuracy and the attention to detail that has been so appreciated since the first release of Assetto Corsa.

We would also like to thank all our active AC fans purchasing the game and sharing with us their feedback and suggestions. You give us the energy and the resources we need to evolve and improve Assetto Corsa more than we ever imagined.

https://www.facebook.com/Asset ... 17457/?type=1&theater
Finally a proper version of my car in a game! :-)
oh my
That is amazing. I'm also curious what will they do with the upgrade stages with those cars.. (a AE86 drift version is mandatory I think.)
No MR2? Meh...
I can understand supra but the celica? Seems a bit weird choise. Unless it is imsa celica in which case such awesome.
Screw all that, i just found a new favorite car, Exige S Roadster, too good..
Both my previous and current cars. Yay!

Could be the Celia GT-Four, too. Who knows?
oh feckin great, more Jap RWD drive cars

Have they not listened to or read some of the threads...FWD....FWD !!!! we want more, but yet they go super car, or this RWD bollocks, that we have more than enough to throw a stick at.....

I thought AC was going to be a sim designed on "what the public, people " wanted and be balanced

Fordie
So I'm currently running a Core i5 2500K processor and an AMD HD 6950 video card. In AC, I'm getting occasional brief freezes and framerate fluctuations, even on original Kunos tracks and cars. I'm running with 2X AF/AA, very high detail, low shadow res, normal mirror res, normal smoke, and effects turned off.

So I think it's time for an upgrade.

Anyone got any tips as to which upgrade would offer the most bang for the buck? (I'm assuming GPU, but you never know.) I'd like to keep my overall upgrade budget under US $300.
Quote from Fordman :oh feckin great, more Jap RWD drive cars

Have they not listened to or read some of the threads...FWD....FWD !!!! we want more, but yet they go super car, or this RWD bollocks, that we have more than enough to throw a stick at.....

I thought AC was going to be a sim designed on "what the public, people " wanted and be balanced

Fordie

lol
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So I'm currently running a Core i5 2500K processor and an AMD HD 6950 video card. In AC, I'm getting occasional brief freezes and framerate fluctuations, even on original Kunos tracks and cars. I'm running with 2X AF/AA, very high detail, low shadow res, normal mirror res, normal smoke, and effects turned off.

So I think it's time for an upgrade.

Anyone got any tips as to which upgrade would offer the most bang for the buck? (I'm assuming GPU, but you never know.) I'd like to keep my overall upgrade budget under US $300.

That's a more powerfull PC then mine (Phenom 965, Radeon 6870), i run 16 AF, 8AA, world detail max, shadow low, mirror normal, smoke off, PP Set 1 (default ingame), faces per frame 2. And frames locked at 54. It's perfectly fine and drivable...
Quote from Fordman :oh feckin great, more Jap RWD drive cars

Fordie

That's not the argument you want to make. The people/public don't want FWD cars. They don't want ordinary cars, they don't want slow cars.

I get that you want a fwd saloon car or hatch back, or an FXO type coupe (maybe the Celica will suffice?). I may have even posted in your thread on the AC forum in support of the idea, but you look a bit daft if you get irate and start calling RWD "bollocks", and seriously, make any argument except that "everybody wants FWD cars, why aren't they listening?" because, really, they don't.
All I can think of is iofl. Those who have been in #lfs the last few weeks will know what I'm talking about.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That's a more powerfull PC then mine (Phenom 965, Radeon 6870), i run 16 AF, 8AA, world detail max, shadow low, mirror normal, smoke off, PP Set 1 (default ingame), faces per frame 2. And frames locked at 54. It's perfectly fine and drivable...

Wonder what my issue is, then... any ideas what it might be?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Wonder what my issue is, then... any ideas what it might be?

Do you use any 3rd party apps? They often cause lags. Try turning them off and check.
Quote from sinbad :That's not the argument you want to make. The people/public don't want FWD cars. They don't want ordinary cars, they don't want slow cars.

I get that you want a fwd saloon car or hatch back, or an FXO type coupe (maybe the Celica will suffice?). I may have even posted in your thread on the AC forum in support of the idea, but you look a bit daft if you get irate and start calling RWD "bollocks", and seriously, make any argument except that "everybody wants FWD cars, why aren't they listening?" because, really, they don't.

I haven't posted it on AC forum Sinbad...made that mistake in the past, only posted here, and yes, what you posted was more constructive, I agree, but you get my point...Where is the balance here, there isn't any. Official we have 1 FWD car, and what a car to choose, a FWD Fiat...FIAT..come one, but a little bit of balance would be fantastic, a dream I guess, but more RWD...ok I apologise, I didn't mean the word "Bollocks" but at least you knew what I ment...as in more RWD, drifting.....great

Fordie

PS - I beg to differ Sinbad, you read the threads about FWD cars being made from Modders, and people are raving about them, so you comment, people / public don't want FWD is wrong
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Wonder what my issue is, then... any ideas what it might be?

I know the biggest hogs are shadows, faces per frame and smoke. Try playing with those. What fps limit do you have? I was in that train "more then 100 fps is neccessaryzz!", but really it's not. 54 fps locked is great, someone said that somewhere (couple of frames below your screen refresh rate) and it really is enough.
And yes the apps, i had that OV1's F1 HUD, that was causing awfull stutters and i didn't even knew it's because of that. I thought they messed something up with latest patches.. but i stumbled upon a thread that said to remove that app, and i don't have anymore stutters.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Do you use any 3rd party apps? They often cause lags. Try turning them off and check.

I only use OV1 and the F1 HUD. Turned them both off and it didn't seem to make much difference.

Tried Boris's settings and the difference wasn't as big as I thought it'd be (with one car on track, anyway), but it was still a slideshow vs. what I had before (when it wasn't stuttering).

Boris, I hadn't been using a framerate limiter, but I set it to 60 fps and it didn't seem to make any difference.
Just did some more testing (Lotus Evora GTC + Mugello). Framerate seemed pegged at 30fps except in the last sector of the track, where it often dipped to about 20fps. Again, this is with Boris's settings and all apps off (except render stats).

edit: Tried 720p output and could peg it at 54fps except in the last sector where it sometimes dipped below 50fps.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG