The online racing simulator
LFSCART Series 2014: Round 1 Race Discussion
Round 1, English Grand Prix.

Date: 17 August 2014
Time: Qualifying 18:05 UTC (25 Minutes) Race 18:45 UTC
Race Distance: 76 laps+1 formation lap (2 hour maximum time limit)
Car: Formula V8 (FO8)
Course: Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R) Track Map
Weather: Clear Day
Wind: Low for RACE ONLY
Might be quite close for me, I'm at the Nürburgring at that Weekend.
Hopefully I'm back for LFSCART early enough
FAAACKKK, Don't have my GPU back by then
Im running 1:08's on blackwood? (stock setup because I cant tune to save my life.)

is this OK or too slow
Quote from jervaughn :Im running 1:08's on blackwood? (stock setup because I cant tune to save my life.)

is this OK or too slow

It's really good
Quote from wildstyle :It's really good

Im also gonna run R3, they stay cooler for the amount of laps we are going to be doing. need more practice though, car steps out if you're not careful over those curbs.
are we going to have wind every single race?

afaik nobody likes wind especialy in vulnerable cars with high DF like Fo8....

(P.S. i dont know if anyone mentioned this topic before but wind is one of those factors to drop leagues , alteast for me )

aaaaaaaaaand, 1:08 is a great time, especialy on reversed gear
Bugger! Did not realize there will be wind, I should read topics more carefully.
Anticipation just reached a new low-point.

Quote from jervaughn :Im running 1:08's on blackwood? (stock setup because I cant tune to save my life.)

is this OK or too slow

Stock set is not really a good idea, try the attached set, nothing special but should work better.

is this OK or too slow

Leaders' race pace should be at least in the 1:02s, so that would be around 6 seconds off.

That said default sets are never the way to go on LFS. Try http://www.setupgrid.net/. They have no set for BL1R, but you'll have a hard time finding something worse than default. You can always try a BL1 set with around 2° more front downforce.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Bugger! Did not realize there will be wind, I should read topics more carefully.
Anticipation just reached a new low-point.

Stock set is not really a good idea, try the attached set, nothing special but should work better.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Leaders' race pace should be at least in the 1:02s, so that would be around 6 seconds off.

That said default sets are never the way to go on LFS. Try http://www.setupgrid.net/. They have no set for BL1R, but you'll have a hard time finding something worse than default. You can always try a BL1 set with around 2° more front downforce.

thanks for the heads up!
Since the fiasco in the previous GTWS, the NDR Sporting Code was updated after that season completed to prescrube low wind for all race sessions by default.
Why there is no wind on the server?
Probably because the free practice and qualifying will be held with no wind.
There will be 2 qualifying groups. Groups will be announced soon
i know what I'm doing next race. Be aggressive, otherwise someone will hit you in the rear and spin you around (which apparently is allowed cuz it's lap 1).

WOHOO LET THE VINEGAR FLOW
Note to self: don't try and be clever with fuel in qualifying.
Quote from J@tko :Session AND SERVER of Incident (Official Sessions for Round 1: Free Practice, Qualifying, Race): Race
Lap AND MPR timecode of incident (or session time or UTC Time of Day): (My) lap 56, 1:03:40
Car(s) involved: 26 & 14
Location of Incident: Turn 3
Brief Description of Incident: #14 makes unnecessary contact with me between T2&3 then runs me off the track at T3.

ye, I'm sorry about this one. I never though anybody would be retarded enough to battle a backmarker as if it's for position, when the backmarker is way faster and taking his lap back.
Since we pretty well won't be doing any live broadcasts this season, but I will be doing highlights at some point after each round, it would help me out a LOT if you give a race report from your point of view where you highlight some of the good stuff you were in and saw, otherwise it'll be a pathetic reel

Plus your reports can help me make the text report for LFSWorld and elsewhere!
Just look at the protests thread deko. Lots of action.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Just look at the protests thread deko. Lots of action.

Yes, if you want the highlights to be all wrecks. I did see some reasonable racing, but missed half of the race thanks to having to review stuff
I finished lap 1 in 14th place,starting from 25th. Might be a good onboard. Yes,I was somewhat lucky to avoid the mess.
Otherwise - nothing much to see from my perspective (unless you're a big fan of "blue flag" message).
Car felt woeful on cold tyres. Rolled it early in the race, one lap lost with repairs, any chance for a good result gone. Then after the restart, burnt the rear-right tyre while trying to compensate for chronic understeer, another pitstop to change tyres, more time lost under green. Finally once I got out of traffic, lowered the fuel load, and got decent heat into the tyres, managed to pull consistent 1:02s, but too late. P19, 2 laps down, but hey, at least I saw the chequered flag.

Highlight: 3-wide approaching T4, several laps after the restart. Letting Telkkälä through on the inside, while fighting with a Conquest car on the outside
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :ye, I'm sorry about this one. I never though anybody would be retarded enough to battle a back-marker as if it's for position, when the back-marker is way faster and taking his lap back.

Forgive me. But for you to say anything like that after your race is f***ing hilarious. Whilst I can't pin it to just you no back-markers had any respect for the blue flags, to be honest I don't care if your pace is ok staying behind you lost me time whilst you had said blue flags. You also got called out on your piss poor driving during the race with a warning for driving standards not dissimilar to say Maldanado on a crack high.

It's a pitty that when I can race guys like Nate from LLM 2 wide for an entire sector and love it that yourself and (should he ever go fast enough) Ray have to give the group the stereotype that everyone knows it by.

Long story short, if you are a lap down do less dumb stuff to be a lap down and then back-marker problems come only in the form of retard McGee failing to understand what a blue flag is.

Dear Dekon00b,

Had some fun racing coming through. Will post laps und highlights in a report of sorts when I watch through the race properly again.

- Oscar.
the last time I slowed down because of the blue flag, I got a 5 place grid penalty, so I kept my line and just didn't defend. If anyone was faster, he could simply pass. If you couldn't, you were simply to slow.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :the last time I slowed down because of the blue flag, I got a 5 place grid penalty

Then slow down whilst rubbing your brain cells together more efficiently?
This thread is closed

LFSCART Series 2014: Round 1 Race Discussion
(59 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG