The online racing simulator
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews
hola wenas
Im new
Im pretty new at lfs, i had the demo for a while, but now i got the s2 and i usually drift, so if anybody wanna add me as friend, that would be great.

-xpurpleturtlex
Hey guys, I haven't played for a long time. Started playing over 10 years ago, thought I'd come back and see what was going on.

Might get back into LFS have been missing playing on sims, all this new Gran Turismo crap is awful, terrible races and mainly just full of kids trying to crash into you. Haven't really been playing many games for the past few years, mainly working hard and getting my life sorted.

Should be buying a new wheel soon so will see you out there
New here
Hi all, I'm Raymond from Holland and I have LFS a month now with a G25 steering wheel.
I'm a demo player but this week I do a upgrade to S2 driver.
I hope to see you on the track then
Quote from raymondhv :Hi all, I'm Raymond from Holland and I have LFS a month now with a G25 steering wheel.
I'm a demo player but this week I do a upgrade to S2 driver.
I hope to see you on the track then

Welcome to S2 !
Quote from W201man :Hi, I'm not really new but first time posting. Stopped playing in 2008 and now picked the game up again a few days ago.
I went full casual in the last years, playing Forza and all kinds of games.

I saw Assetto Corsa a few weeks ago and thought "oh i want to race again" so here i am again

You story literally matches mine word for word!! I stopped racing, poked around a few other sims / console games and now im back. Seems online is dead unless we join a league.
Hello there! I am new to lfs, I wonder if there is a team to Venezuela?

Hola! Soy nuevo en lfs, Quisiera saber si hay un team para venezuela?
Hi
Hi there LFS comunity!
Although I've had LFS for many years, I'm only turning to online now.
I have 2 questions, though:
1) When will the S3 version come out? (will it be an S3 after all?)
2) Could you give me some advise on how to enter proper racings - and skip the crash&stupid demo servers? Should I join a team?

Well, thanks in advance for your support, and like I always say when I'm playing online: RESPECT!
Hi
1) Nobody knows the day when S3 will come out. Some days/weeks ago there were some progress reports and posts by devs. They announced some updates like new Westhill track, so it seems something is happening.

2) Take a look at calender: https://www.lfsforum.net/calendar.php (not complete list, but good start)
This should explain everything: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/League_Racing_Guide (if not then ask )

From upcoming events the most suited for starting out is probally fox friday:
https://www.lfsforum.net/calen ... 14-8-1&e=1920&c=2 There you can just arrive & drive relaxed.

Some of the other races in next days are maybe bit tricky for start, especially if you did not practice the track yet.
For example GTI trophy: big grids=easy to cause crashs.
LFS Grand Prix is even announced as "Most Difficult Car & Most Unforgiving Track"
But of course I don't know how fast/good you are

Maybe bookmark http://www.absolute-beginners.nl too. The league just went into summerbreak last weekend but continues 31 August. (Possible that during summerbreak there might be some just-for-fun races)
Quote from PT.Rod :2) Could you give me some advise on how to enter proper racings - and skip the crash&stupid demo servers?

Try Cargame S1 and S2 servers, usually provide solid pickup racing.
They also tend to maintain the quality of driving, so reports filed are usually dealt with in a short time. Registering on their forum could also help you get more info
Quote from PT.Rod :Should I join a team?

That helps having more fun and improving your skills, as well
LFS noob reporting in!
Noob here! :-)

I'm looking to make LFS my off track/season drift simulator. I'm not to great with PC (come from the console world) but got me a helluvalotta hardware and a steep learning curve in my quest to get at that Holy Grail of a Drift simulator so I hope you guys can help me out and please please be patient :-P

T500rs with TH8rs gearshift and a no name handbrake. D box 4 actuator with bass shakers. So yeah hardware but total noob. I tried a whole host of sims/simcades before coming to LFS and I have to say this. While the graphics leave fall a distance behind the others, the physics are top notch . Not even the acclaimed Assetto Corsa can beat it in my books. It was love at first wheel counter spin!!

So help me out guys ...wanna know how to drift the hell out of this!
Quote from Gutholz :Hi
1) Nobody knows the day when S3 will come out. Some days/weeks ago there were some progress reports and posts by devs. They announced some updates like new Westhill track, so it seems something is happening.

2) Take a look at calender: https://www.lfsforum.net/calendar.php (not complete list, but good start)
This should explain everything: http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/League_Racing_Guide (if not then ask )

From upcoming events the most suited for starting out is probally fox friday:
https://www.lfsforum.net/calen ... 14-8-1&e=1920&c=2 There you can just arrive & drive relaxed.

Some of the other races in next days are maybe bit tricky for start, especially if you did not practice the track yet.
For example GTI trophy: big grids=easy to cause crashs.
LFS Grand Prix is even announced as "Most Difficult Car & Most Unforgiving Track"
But of course I don't know how fast/good you are

Maybe bookmark http://www.absolute-beginners.nl too. The league just went into summerbreak last weekend but continues 31 August. (Possible that during summerbreak there might be some just-for-fun races)

You really came through for me. Thanks alot for your help.
I will try to participate in one of the races I feel can joint without major disturbances to other racers.
I should add that I do this merelly for fun.
I this sense, lap times are secondary... also to respect, which is not easy to find
But now I know how to joint respectfull racers - thanks to you.
I hope we can meet sometime in the track too.
Cheers
Rod
hi all
new to LFS

( dk2 owner )

are there any tracks other than the official ones?

eg mods ?

also is it easy to host so friends can join ?
1)No. Only the official tracks are supported and available right now.
2)It depends. Try looking at this guide.
Ad hosting: you can skip the bible above and try to set up server right ingame, just click Online game and create your own server. If your ports and other internet stuff is all ok, you should be able to start server within a few clicks.
Signing up.
Hi new driver here, I'm using a DK2 and a F430 racing wheel - tempted to upgrade it to something a little more 900.

I got my wheel some time ago for Dirt 2 as I really loved it, but it's nice to play something more realistic for a change
Hello all! So got this about a week ago a little bit after receiving my DK2! Just want to say the experience has been really up there with Elite Dangerous. VR is here folks and it's amazing!!

I have to admit, I'm a little bit angry at Scawen since he's preventing me from getting work done on my own DK2 project. lol
hi,

new driver here, joined 5 minutes after installing my dk2.

i have just one question: how is this not the leader in racing simulation? i think the level of the physics, graphics, sounds etc. here is so high that i do not understand how this sim is not getting the attention it's supposed to get.

great job in all aspects of the sim and thanks for the great dk2 support!

2 days in... everything is amazing so far!
Hi everyone,

I've played racing games for a long time but surprisingly I've never even heard of LFS. Recently got an Oculus Rift DK2 and this game was raved about so I took a look at it. Thought it was just a demo but turns out it's been around for more than 10 years. lol.
Anyway, I've enjoyed the demo track so far but still haven't decided if I'm going to go all in since I already have Assetto Corsa and will get Project Cars when it comes out. But this is the only one that supports the DK2 so far so a good chance I'll get it.
Anything else you can say to convince me?
Thanks.
Hi 2 all

Brand new Noob here.
Just installed the Demo because of my DK2 like some other here and must say that this was an experience which blew me away.
Now i'm thinking about buying the full Version. Yesterday I bought Assetto Corsa because i thought i could use the DK2 and vorpX. Damn, should not have done that.
Quote from Yonkers :Anything else you can say to convince me?

Try out the new tracks and cars. You'll love them. (I don't really know because... I'm still a demo)
Hey! :)
Hey guys! I'm Cody from British Columbia, Canada! I am not new to LFS, I was a demo driver forever but I finally decided to buy my license and all that good stuff! I love playing online and learning, I want to get into drifting in this game more but I need some people to help me out and give me tips and just to drive with! So if you want to play with me or anything you can add me on Steam at cody705705 or skype cody705705 or just PM me on the forums look forward to driving with all of you!

-Cody

Hey Cody, welcome to S2! Get some practise done in single player mode until you get a hang of track and the (slightly more) powerful cars. Hope you have fun!

New players say hi here
(3704 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG