The online racing simulator
Returning to LFS
(31 posts, started )
welcom back
Quote from Nobo :After reading about the westhill update and the progress report, i have recently set up my wheel as well in my holiday after 6 years! Its still great driving. Unfortunately not much FOX racing going on.

Apart from FM FOX Friday, Fox should also be featured all day long on every F1 weekend on Sunday at cargame.nl S2 server
lol, brains

I came back because of the Occulus Rift. I wonder if I am the only one.

IMHO LFS has the potential be the best VR optimized simulator for the near future.

Because of its modest hardware demands it'll perfect for VR and will run on DK2 (75hz at 1080p) at min 75 fps for nearly everybody. In 2015 CV1 will be a bit more demanding with rumored 95hz @ 2560 x 1440 (although I hope for 2880 x 1440). I think that fewer people will be able to run LFS competitors (iRacing, AC, PC) at these settings.

Most important reason though is that I imagine Scawen to be as fascinated by the rift as everyone else. It has to be awsome to step into your own work (code) a decade after you created that.

But sadly nowadays it's only FBM Blackwood, I want FOX - South City Classic & Aston Club back!
Quote from audimasta :Dano! Great seeing you around! Adaptive Racing ftw Oh the good old days...

Great days indeed my friend, I will get behind the wheel at somepoint soon
Quote from audimasta :Dano! Great seeing you around! Adaptive Racing ftw Oh the good old days...

Yeah, I miss the imbreed face of yours too
Who was it again, you, me, Dano - who else was in that lineup?
I ordered a oculus rift in April so it will be here within the next few weeks.

I went through the available compatible games and saw LFS. Last time i played was 2011. I loved LFS and dunno why i stopped playing. My Logitech GT FF wheel was prettty crap though.

Installed LFS again and damn it is still as much fun as it used to be. Upgraded to a fanatec clubsport set and eventhough i do own assetto corsa nd project cars i must say LFS still has the best feel for the car - especially now with that wheel.

Can't wait to try it on my DK2. I read Scawen is making huge progress.

Returning to LFS
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG