The online racing simulator
Is all of that world cup celebration? Or is it that you found the wrong thread?
Of course it's celebration, but yeah, doesn't really belong in this thread. Youtube is full of that kind of videos.
Xavi and Lampard have apparently agreed terms to join NYFC. That will be a power squad...
best WC goal - james(COL)
gerrard retires from international football

Quote from Mustangman759 :Xavi and Lampard have apparently agreed terms to join NYFC. That will be a power squad...

nop
he stay in barca
Well, rumors are it is a 1 year deal or an extension until january.
Who says Americans don't like soccer? :P

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Who says Americans don't like soccer? :P

Oh god, 100k glory hunters assembled to watch that game.
"I was there when Sanogo scored 4".
Quick question: Can a goalkeeper control the ball with their feet outside of the penalty area and bring it into the penalty area and handle the ball? I'm a new official, and I believe that the answer to this question is yes.

A game I was doing a few weeks back involved a play like this and I allowed play to continue. I think the laws allow this, but neither my partner nor I (we run a two man diagonal system [two whistles] of officiating here in high school matches, and it is terrible ) knew for sure. We both believed it legal.

Quote from Kid222 :Meanwhile in 4th romanian division.

Quote from Cornys :Quick question: Can a goalkeeper control the ball with their feet outside of the penalty area and bring it into the penalty area and handle the ball? I'm a new official, and I believe that the answer to this question is yes.

A game I was doing a few weeks back involved a play like this and I allowed play to continue. I think the laws allow this, but neither my partner nor I (we run a two man diagonal system [two whistles] of officiating here in high school matches, and it is terrible ) knew for sure. We both believed it legal.

As far as I recall, the OHSAA requires (or at least strongly prefers) 3-man teams for Varsity level, then two for all lower levels.

You should contact your local rules interpreter for the OHSAA interpretation - it could be different than the rest of the world (as the OHSAA AND NFHS are that way)
Quote from dekojester :As far as I recall, the OHSAA requires (or at least strongly prefers) 3-man teams for Varsity level, then two for all lower levels.

You should contact your local rules interpreter for the OHSAA interpretation - it could be different than the rest of the world (as the OHSAA AND NFHS are that way)

Yes, the OHSAA does recommend 3 man teams, but as a first year official I'm booked solid the entire season. 3 man teams in this area would increase demand for officials while lowering pay (schools don't make money on soccer teams in this area). Basically, it's just not possible with the number of officials we have available.

NFHS and OHSAA are almost completely in agreement outside of safety regulation (concussions, ect.) I'm curious as to what the "laws" say anyways (even if I still don't know the OHSAA "rules" )
If the ball was passed back to the keeper via a controlled pass then surely it would be no?
It depends on intent.

If the ball is passed to the keeper intentionally and it is controlled outside the box then brought in and picked up it is an indirect free kick from the point the ball was picked up. Intent is the key here, unlike say the offside rule. If a player tackles an attacker and the ball rolls to the goalkeeper then he can pick it up.
The question was can he go outside of penalty area using his feet and come back to penalty area and take the ball into his hands. I haven't ever seen that kind of situation and my guess would be it isn't allowed.

And yes, goalkeeper can't take ball in his hands if own player passes it with feet, with head it's allowed, not sure about other parts of body. But that's wasn't Cornys question.
Quote from CardsetCrazy :The question was can he go outside of penalty area using his feet and come back to penalty area and take the ball into his hands. I haven't ever seen that kind of situation and my guess would be it isn't allowed.

And yes, goalkeeper can't take ball in his hands if own player passes it with feet, with head it's allowed, not sure about other parts of body. But that's wasn't Cornys question.

But the answer to that question depends entirely on what happened before he does that. An over-hit pass by the other team, heading slowly down the side of the penalty area. Can the goalkeeper use his feet to bring the ball inside the penalty area and then pick it up? Of course he can.

But a back-pass? No. But it's not because of him using his feet outside the area. Nor can he put it down and then pick it up again, but this too is not because of him going outside and then back in to the penalty area.
Quote from sinbad :But the answer to that question depends entirely on what happened before he does that. An over-hit pass by the other team, heading slowly down the side of the penalty area. Can the goalkeeper use his feet to bring the ball inside the penalty area and then pick it up? Of course he can.

But a back-pass? No. But it's not because of him using his feet outside the area. Nor can he put it down and then pick it up again, but this too is not because of him going outside and then back in to the penalty area.

Yes, I've since cleared this up with another official and the High School soccer rulebook. It seems the "laws" and Ohio "rules" are in agreement here.

The ball was a cross to the corner by the attacking team that was not ran onto.

Thanks for the clarification

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG