The online racing simulator
Added a few more pictures from different events throughout Gala week here.

-
(amp88) DELETED by amp88
Quote from luchian :DWB: what gear (especially lenses) for the LeMons series shots ? Thanks.
PS: GREAT shots btw !

Nikon D700 + Sigma 100-300mm f/4.

Some of the paddock shots were with the 50/1.8D, also.
OK, you're on the "other" side . Thanks. I'll have a look at it (in canon mount :P). Impressive quality.
Quote from luchian :OK, you're on the "other" side . Thanks. I'll have a look at it (in canon mount :P). Impressive quality.

It's an incredible bargain of a lens. Got mine for $500 used and I like it better than the $2000 70-200/2.8 I had (though I do miss the image stabilization).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's an incredible bargain of a lens. Got mine for $500 used and I like it better than the $2000 70-200/2.8 I had (though I do miss the image stabilization).

The Nikon 70-200 2.8? Or the Sigma version?
Quote from wildstyle :The Nikon 70-200 2.8? Or the Sigma version?

The Nikon. It's probably not as sharp and definitely not as fast, but for the price and versatility it's definitely the better bargain.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The Nikon. It's probably not as sharp and definitely not as fast, but for the price and versatility it's definitely the better bargain.

Cheers, might look into it at some point.
I've recently got more into photography myself, buying a modern compact about a year ago, and then treating myself to a DSLM back in April for my birthday. Following a few more people on Flickr now thanks to this thread.

Here are a few of my better recent shots:

Quote from Bob Smith :Following a few more people on Flickr now thanks to this thread.

Ah, it's you! Enjoy your new life through the lens!
smove, that's a fantastic shot.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :smove, that's a fantastic shot.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated. It was by far the most stressing shot I ever took at a starting grid. Finding an "empty" place next to the track and hoping that nobody will "freeze" in front of the camera during exposure or simply runs it over. Probably the longest 30 seconds of my life.
Quote from Jussi-Pekka :Nice. Have you taken all of those photos?

Actually it is from my father, but sometimes i help him.
Here are a few unsorted/'random' shots I've taken over the last 18 months or so. Some of them are from things like testing a new piece of gear (e.g. a new lens, wireless shutter release, variable ND filter), some are from days out where I only took a few shots, some are quite 'abstract' (read: odd...) and some are animals in the back garden.

I welcome any comments and/or constructive criticism. If you want to know anything about a particular shot in the gallery (including "Why have you picked this, it's terrible?") just let me know which picture(s) and I'll try and answer.

Thanks for reading.

Full Gallery

William Wallace monument from Loudoun Hill. I probably should have shot this at a wider aperture to try and blur out the trees in the background, but I like the strong contrast between the sky and monument.

From a small bridge on the Stroan Loch in the Galloway Forest Park. Unfortunately the water was never still, so the reflection isn't great. I like the 'God rays' coming from the clouds.

Another one from the Galloway Forest Dark Sky park. Unfortunately at the time I didn't have an additional flash (just the pop-up flash on my 650D which produced really bad fill light on the tree (too hard, not uniform)), so I tried to bring up some detail in the tree in post-production with some exposure and shadow increases. This is also quite noisy, but I like it anyway.

This was from a test of my Yongnuo wireless shutter release set. The garden is in shade most of the time (obstacles on roughly 3 sides mean there isn't a lot of light most of the time), so I had to use a flash to get a relatively fast shutter speed without bumping the ISO too much. Unfortunately the flash sync speed for my camera/flash is 1/200th of a sec, so this image wasn't quite as crisp as it could have been, with a bit of motion blur. Also, the flash light is a bit harsh (didn't have a diffuser for it back then).

One of the first test images I shot with my Tamron 70-300 VC USD lens. I like the colour and detail in the wings. Bokeh quality could be a bit better though, the branches in the background are a bit distracting. I suppose that's one of the downsides of not being able to afford an F2.8 or F4 though.

Saw this on a photo walk around where I live a couple of weeks after I got the camera. I liked the balance in composition between the tree and the cell tower.

Another one from early on. There was something about the side lighting in this that caught my eye. I wish I'd paid more attention to the background and attempted to re-frame it to clean that up.

Awesome!

A few from myself, quick trip to a nearby (tiny) waterfall.

Just a random shot I snapped the other day at home, unfortunately ruined by the quality of the iphone.. Not really a huge photography guy, but took 500 photos with my phone when in Israel.
Attached images
image.jpeg
Some pics taken from the Queens Birthday fly-past (shame the short time that they were airbourne it was mainly overcast)

Some random shots taken from a stunt show we took one of our lads to see

Cheers..

Ian
Aircraft have come out great, Ian. I'm going to the Sunderland Air Show at the end of the month, hoping to get some good ones myself then.

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG