The online racing simulator
What a day of joy, an ex lfs racer gets a F1 podium, just awesome!
Bottas
well, that trophee surely reminded me of something totally different:

Quote from ACCAkut :well, that trophee surely reminded me of something totally different:

Seriously, this is a historic F1 track. Maybe not to the levels of the Monza, Monaco, and the likes, but it is. They couldn't have had a nice traditional looking trophy?
The trophy should have been a can of Red Bull imo.......
Quote from Mustafur :The Standing starts rule is good in theory as it allows another element of driver/car advantage to shine, but the grid has to be cleaned if this is a mid race sceniaro, as that side of the grid will be a huge penalty.

Also whats the point of the safety car? Its effectivly meaning every SC situation is now a Red Flag.

When I was writing that I did not know about the idea to make the mid race restarts standing starts. You are right there are lots of problems with it and it sounds almost as bad idea as the double points for the last race...
The rule change would mean only be that RC/RD CAN, if they want to, do a standing start instead of a flying. Clarified better here.
A whole bunch of confirmed drivers for Formula E.

Tbh they could fill the rest with pay drivers and thats a grid that could challenge indycar in quality.
1 Nico Rosberg German Mercedes 165

2 Lewis Hamilton British Mercedes 136

3 Daniel Ricciardo Australian Red Bull Racing-Renault 83

4 Fernando Alonso Spanish Ferrari 79

5 Sebastian Vettel German Red Bull Racing-Renault 60

6 Nico Hulkenberg German Force India-Mercedes 59

7 Valtteri Bottas Finnish Williams-Mercedes 55

8 Jenson Button British McLaren-Mercedes 43

9 Felipe Massa Brazilian Williams-Mercedes 30

10 Kevin Magnussen Danish McLaren-Mercedes 29

11 Sergio Perez Mexican Force India-Mercedes 28

12 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish Ferrari 19

13 Romain Grosjean French Lotus-Renault 8

14 Jean-Eric Vergne French STR-Renault 8

15 Daniil Kvyat Russian STR-Renault 4

16 Jules Bianchi French Marussia-Ferrari 2

17 Adrian Sutil German Sauber-Ferrari 0

18 Marcus Ericsson Swedish Caterham-Renault 0

19 Pastor Maldonado Venezuelan Lotus-Renault 0

20 Esteban Gutierrez Mexican Sauber-Ferrari 0

21 Max Chilton British Marussia-Ferrari 0

22 Kamui Kobayashi Japanese Caterham-Renault 0

team points:

1 Mercedes 301

2 Red Bull Racing-Renault 143

3 Ferrari 98

4 Force India-Mercedes 87

5 Williams-Mercedes 85

6 McLaren-Mercedes 72

7 STR-Renault 12

8 Lotus-Renault 8

9 Marussia-Ferrari 2

10 Sauber-Ferrari 0

11 Caterham-Renault 0
all that info is on the Formula 1 site and wikipedia.
+ no1 cares from p2 down anyway
The Raikkonen - Alonso gap is significant
Quote from Storm_Cloud :The Raikkonen - Alonso gap is significant

How so?
I see a bad car.
Two good drivers.
One is younger and has more current experience with the team than the other....no?
Quote from Mustafur :all that info is on the Formula 1 site and wikipedia.

i use F1 site but i post on the forum so people don't need to go to F1 site
Quote from Anthoop :How so?
I see a bad car.
Two good drivers.
One is younger and has more current experience with the team than the other....no?

Not to mention the fact that Alonso is almost certainly getting preferential treatment.
Quote from Rappa Z :Not to mention the fact that Alonso is almost certainly getting preferential treatment.

Source?
Quote from Anthoop :How so?
I see a bad car.
Two good drivers.

So if the car is not the absolute best in the field we can not draw conclusions how drivers are doing? Bianchi destroying Chilton is irrelevant cause the car sucks?

Alonso is 32 and Kimi 34, that explains the 79 points for Alonso and 19 for Kimi. Team experience an advantage, where?
Quote from ChristijaNL :
Alonso is 32 and Kimi 34, that explains the 79 points for Alonso and 19 for Kimi. Team experience an advantage, where?

Alonso being in Ferrari for a long long time.
Vettel has been with Red Bull for ages, but the cars are so different I would argue that such experience is less valuable - Ricciardo is right on the money.

Raikkonen's dead funny though, so results don't matter.
All I see is Alonso is better then Kimi, its pretty much unquestionable at this stage, the gap though I feel is much bigger then it would be if Kimi was comfortable but imo.
I don't think alonso is comfortable with the car either. Alonso is just doing better job with bad equipment and kimi has had some misfortunes that have cost him a lot so the gap isn't really that big as the points make it look. Alonso has had technical issues as well but not something that drops you 24th from 3rd place. To say that alonso is completely destroying kimi is a bit like saying ricciardo is totally destroying vettel.
Quote from k_badam :points
6 Nico Hulkenberg German Force India-Mercedes 59
11 Sergio Perez Mexican Force India-Mercedes 28

team points:

3 Ferrari 98
4 Force India-Mercedes 87

Perez, you still suck.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG