The online racing simulator
Quote from Kroaton :I hope that in S3 will be tracks like Bihoku, Meihan, Ebisu.... Is this real?

no.
Quote from Stölzel :Edit: The Westhill Update comes next Week? I understand this right?

In a few weeks, most likely not the next one. Hi rony

Quote from Scawen :We expect to release this version for testing in a few weeks, but remember that sometimes interesting things can come up that make things take a little longer than planned.

Quote from Stölzel :The Westhill Update comes next Week? I understand this right?

No.
Quote from Scawen :We expect to release this version for testing in a few weeks, but remember that sometimes interesting things can come up that make things take a little longer than planned.

Edit: Damn you! Happy with revenge? :P
Quote from Be2K :no.

OMG! How about making program to do own tracks like Bobs Track Builder?
Quote from Flame CZE :In a few weeks, most likely not the next one. Hi rony

Oh ok. Thanks.
But in the near Future... Thats good.
-
(Kroaton) DELETED by Flame CZE : vob mod
-
(Eclipsed) DELETED by Flame CZE
-
(Mr_Lonely) DELETED by Mr_Lonely : Didnt read properly.
-
(PoVo) DELETED by Flame CZE
Quote from Scawen :So maybe it doesn't help. I do know that people have used it on Windows 8. Could any Windows 8 users let us know what you must do to allow DirectX 9 to work?

All I had to do was double click on LFS.exe to make the game working. Tested on a fresh install of W8.1.
Dear developers!
Please, maybe you can do advanced settings of the car such as steering 70 degrees... Or maybe You can do some program that will allow to make own tracks, like program "Bobs Track Builder".
Best wishes, Vadim Gorbal.
Thanks for the Update.
Nice to see that you continue developing LFS so that the tool I am making will not be useless.

I have a few Questions to that Update:
Do I have to Update the hole game by installer, and do I need to unlock it again after that?
What is with the DCon, do I have to Update anything on that or can I host the Server with the "old" files?
Quote from cogent :
I have a few Questions to that Update:
Do I have to Update the hole game by installer, and do I need to unlock it again after that?

You can run the auto-updater by going to Multiplayer - Show list of hosts. It will pop up automatically. And you don't need to unlock the game again.
...I'm actually swooning over here.

Vain
Quote from Flame CZE :You can run the auto-updater by going to Multiplayer - Show list of hosts. It will pop up automatically. And you don't need to unlock the game again.

That was quick, thank you.
Didn't know that the game have an auto-updater
Quote from Kroaton :
Please, maybe you can do advanced settings of the car such as steering 70 degrees... Or maybe You can do some program that will allow to make own tracks, like program "Bobs Track Builder".
Best wishes, Vadim Gorbal.

No.
Quote from Kroaton :OMG! How about making program to do own tracks like Bobs Track Builder?

agian.. no! Scawen mentioned this many time before that they dont want to implement a Track Builder for us its all up to Eric
Quote from Be2K :agian.. no! Scawen mentioned this many time before that they dont want to implement a Track Builder for us its all up to Eric

Not quite right, we think that great things could happen if we released a track editor in future. It would be after S3, and in my mind would need to involve some good online support. We definitely can't stop before S3 to work on public car and track editors. We don't know any details about it, if there would be a gradual introduction, or if all S3 licensed users could use it, or anything like that, so can't give any details at all. But the idea of having more people working on high quality tracks and cars is one that we do like in principle.
Surely, it would be quite nice if people could contribute their work, but in my opinion, it should be somehow restricted in a way that the developers of LFS would take a look at the contributions made by someone else and at the point if it's really good enough and has passed every single test regarding optimization, performance or whatnot, it could be publicized. That's as far as my general idea goes.
thank you for this update scavier! finally things are progressing again...

regarding the public track and / or car editor, maybe consider my suggestion of using a part of this forum for preselection and / or voting on which tracks and cars are of a good enough quality to be then passed on to you guys for final quality testing and approval?
this will be definately better than an open distribution of all user made tracks and cars, because then there might be only a whole lot of inferior material released like on some other platforms, where it can be very hard for the players to find the good cars and tracks.
so better only allow the best cars and tracks and not go for the mass here.
we lived with so few cars and tracks over the last years that one new car and one new track per month that are user made will be an overwhelming amount of new experience. so that would be great.

peace, mo
I'm wondering if Scawen will expose the HLSL so I can have some fun with it :P
Yes lets talk about something which happens in 2045 maybe.. Car/track editor after S3.
Quote from cargame.nl :Yes lets talk about something which happens in 2045 maybe.. Car/track editor after S3.

Maybe we should talk about something that will never happen. Funny posts by you?
Before anybody's making hopes and stuff let's just focus on the new version and releasing the new Westhill remake, please.

This thread is starting to get nuts again.
Why should I be center of discussion?

This is about 3D support and some planned Westhill update. Lets not make things bigger then they are. Otherwise rename topic to New Version 0.6F and Dream Report.
Quote from cargame.nl :Why should I be center of discussion?

Because you're obviously looking for attention bashing LFS's development/progress every time it's mentioned.
Quote from fatalunfair :Because you're obviously looking for attention bashing LFS's development/progress every time it's mentioned.

From what I have read over the years Cargame is actually very consistent in asserting a pragmatical view of the development progress, I would not describe him as bashing. Occasionally pessimistic perhaps - but those of us who remember Scawen's pre-mountain biking days have all been pessimistic at times.

So with that settled, back on to the topic at hand:

The move to Dx9 presents an opportunity to move LFS away from fixed function rendering - so my question goes to Scawen: Do you intend to pursue a shader driven approach to the rendering or will you be sticking with the fixed pipe approach? And if moving to shaders, would you mind please to consider exposing the raw HLSL so I can edit the hell out of it and add a tonne of bling to upset the purists?
Quote :Bashing is a harsh, gratuitous, prejudicial attack on a person, group, or subject.

You know what is harsh? Time after time explaining thats things are not going to happen or with an unknown time schedule, it creates a negative ambiance. Just stick with the facts. 3D/VR support, nice, sadly a minority was waiting for this. Westhill update, will keep people busy but it's not going to be news which will shock the world. Being realistic nowadays is interpreted as harsh, people are amazing.
Quote from firemike15 :before anybody's making hopes and stuff let's just focus on the new version and releasing the new westhill remake, please.

This thread is starting to get nuts again.

+1

New Version 0.6F and Progress Report
(453 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG