The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 500: Server Information and General Discussion

2014 Kyoto 500 - Server Information and General Questions / Discussions

Server Name: NDR.Kyoto 500
Server Password: dieletzten - This password will be in effect during all practice sessions and all times between. Qualifying and Race passwords will be delivered to eligible entrants via Private Message
TeamSpeak 3 (REQUIRED FOR ALL RACE SESSIONS!): teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com

Use this thread for general event questions and/or discussion. Frequently Asked Questions and their answers will be added to this OP.
Attached files
2014ky500_trackads.zip - 1.1 MB - 307 views
Would probably have signed up if it was not an R2 restricted race. I never understood the sense of restricting the other tire compounds and quite frankly always disliked this aspect.
Quote from lamerr :Would probably have signed up if it was not an R2 restricted race. I never understood the sense of restricting the other tire compounds and quite frankly always disliked this aspect.

Compound restricted to R2 so the tyres don't turn to ice near instantly during a SC period. If the tyres didn't cool so fast on the R4s there'd be no use for a restriction pretty much.
Just build a decent setup and R2s aren't an issue.
Last year we used R3's yes? Like the change tbh, should be interesting.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Last year we used R3's yes? Like the change tbh, should be interesting.

R3s were only allowed in 2008. Since then, it has been R2s only.
Quote from dekojester :Compound restricted to R2 so the tyres don't turn to ice near instantly during a SC period. If the tyres didn't cool so fast on the R4s there'd be no use for a restriction pretty much.

Well thats how it is, people would need to manage that after a SC period, also nobody would be driving R4s as R3s are the better race tire(and a lot more enjoyable to drive).
Quote from dekojester :R3s were only allowed in 2008. Since then, it has been R2s only.

Probably remember rules of some crapshoot race then
@lamerr tires are fine just signup or stop conplaining
Quote from Mustangman759 :Probably remember rules of some crapshoot race then
@lamerr tires are fine just signup or stop conplaining

Your english disapoints me every time.

R2's last a full fuel stint, don't worry
Quote from dekojester :
Warning to Car 999 to assure clear room when moving in the formation laps.
Car 9 is ordered to figure out a way to be in TeamSpeak during the session - the driver should have been prohibited from taking part, but I waived that regulation for this case.
No action against Cars 27 and 606.

I must apologise for the contact.. in the mirrors it seemed that there is enough room
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Your english disapoints me every time.

R2's last a full fuel stint, don't worry

Disappoints*
Quote from lamerr :Well thats how it is, people would need to manage that after a SC period, also nobody would be driving R4s as R3s are the better race tire(and a lot more enjoyable to drive).

Knowing what I know, I must both agree and disagree. Crashes occur everywhere with the easy to control compound following restarts. Take away more grip on restarts and restarts turn into "false starts" every few laps.

However, R3 and R4 are more enjoyable to drive, and faster when a lesser pace is not going to occur and cool tires.

Bottom line is that from an administrative standpoint it's an easy decision and as competitors we should be thankful that the move is taken most years. If it wasn't, less drivers would finish, more time would be spent under yellow, and the race might take over 7 hours
Quote from Cornys :Knowing what I know, I must both agree and disagree. Crashes occur everywhere with the easy to control compound following restarts. Take away more grip on restarts and restarts turn into "false starts" every few laps.

However, R3 and R4 are more enjoyable to drive, and faster when a lesser pace is not going to occur and cool tires.

Bottom line is that from an administrative standpoint it's an easy decision and as competitors we should be thankful that the move is taken most years. If it wasn't, less drivers would finish, more time would be spent under yellow, and the race might take over 7 hours

Although it wasn't that big of an issue in the 2008 Kyoto 500 with R3s, that was partly a function of only having 19 cars start and most being reasonable.

R2s require more thought, and as I said do heat up quicker after an SC. The main reason is the re-heating. A secondary reason is the strategy it requires. If LFS's tyres had less longevity, as well as less rapid heat dissipation, I'd probbaly leave the compounds open to choice. But as it is, R2s are what you're given.
Question to qualifying:
Quote :d) A driver must request to be placed in the qualifying queue, and wait to be called out by race administration. A driver may enter and leave the server as needed. Excessive connections and disconnections may result in a temporary ban. LFS Remote will be enabled, and you will be able to track your place in queue online.

How excactly does this work?
Join server and ask in chat "I want to qualy"? Or in teamspeak?
Quote from Gutholz :Question to qualifying:
How excactly does this work?
Join server and ask in chat "I want to qualy"? Or in teamspeak?

Instructions will be in the qualifying thread, which will go up in an hour or so.
If i only knew how to fix my lag. :X Sorry to everyone affected by me on the practice *bashes Wi-fi adapter*.
Quote from dekojester :Entry list has been updated with all 15 sessions worth of credit. Most drivers have been accepted. Please note the following:

#7 Mihail Velikov (MVelikov) is 51 laps short of the 300 lap minimum. His performance proves readiness for the event and is exempted, although he has said he will make 300 before Race Day.

Just want to inform you that Mihail surely would do required laps in the past few days, but there is a really horrible situation in his town and there is no electricity since Thursday evening.This is also the reason he did not post his skin.My brother talk with him yesterday and Mihail says that everything is fine with him.
Here you can see what's the situation : http://www.vesti.bg/temi-v-raz ... ertvite-stavat-11-6015322
Quote from ventspils_619 :Just want to inform you that Mihail surely would do required laps in the past few days, but there is a really horrible situation in his town and there is no electricity since Thursday evening.This is also the reason he did not post his skin.My brother talk with him yesterday and Mihail says that everything is fine with him.
Here you can see what's the situation : http://www.vesti.bg/temi-v-raz ... ertvite-stavat-11-6015322

He did tell me prior to Wednesday if memory serves that he might not finish the laps before today - I don't recall him mentioning anything about the flooding at that time. Preserving life and property is more important that some sim-race, so he needn't worry; glad to know he's ok!
track adbanners added to OP

2014 Kyoto 500: Server Information and General Discussion
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG