The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 4
Practice Session 4 for the 7th Annual Kyoto 500 will be the following:

Monday, 16 June 2014
Qualifying: 45 minute window Starting 18:30 UTC - Will be one outlap and two hotlaps for ALL PRACTICE RACES
Race: 40 laps + 2 pace laps (42 total) starting 19:25 UTC
Wind: NO WIND for Qualifying, LOW WIND for Race
Weather: All Sessions Cloudy Afternoon

If more than 30 attempt to qualify, the fastest 30 will get through to the race.

DOUBLE CREDIT TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IF NO YELLOW FLAGS

Discuss!
Do you don't mistake with date?
Quote from [Audi TT] :Will you don't mistake with this date?

I see what you mean and I raise you a fixed post :P
Well I done fail the race start... On the plus at least I didn't wreck on the pace start
#6 - Kova.
I have 2 questions :

1) Why does lot of ppl on the back of queue are anticipating the restart after SC? I just see that it almost cause another crashs....

2) About that, what about lapped cars that come back like missile and almost crash you for nothing? (i mean there is nothing they can win by passing back a car that lapped him, nope?)
Was it just for me or the server was a bit laggy? I know,that I'm not on good connection,but usually everything is a bit smoother.
#8 - xyx
Quote from Kova. :I have 2 questions :

1) Why does lot of ppl on the back of queue are anticipating the restart after SC? I just see that it almost cause another crashs....

2) About that, what about lapped cars that come back like missile and almost crash you for nothing? (i mean there is nothing they can win by passing back a car that lapped him, nope?)

If we come back like missiles it means you are to slow xD ( no offence m8) but don´t know how it will be at race with that problem. It´s all in the rule book.If there will be an issue with lapped cars as you point out admins will take care of that.
This was only "practice race" . More we practice better we get !

I wish you good luck and fun in future.

R.Cvikl a.k.a xyx

finished 9th starting from back :throwrose
But really was just lucky, I still have no idea how to go fast. If somebody wants to look at attached setup or my driving?
I know the theory to pass on inside on beginning of turn etc but in race it never worked well, hm. Once near another car can draft okayish, at least in practice a few times. But seems when on my own then my car is just way slower than others, so even if someone takes higher line (to wait for me) I can not catch up?

yes, seemed a bit laggy. (not too much)

Lapped cars racing for position in final laps is bit strange indeed, hope that was just because it was less-serious practice?
Attached files
FO8_FM KY1 edited.set - 132 B - 994 views
#10 - xyx
Quote from Gutholz :finished 9th starting from back :throwrose
But really was just lucky, I still have no idea how to go fast. If somebody wants to look at attached setup or my driving?
I know the theory to pass on inside on beginning of turn etc but in race it never worked well, hm. Once near another car can draft okayish, at least in practice a few times. But seems when on my own then my car is just way slower than others, so even if someone takes higher line (to wait for me) I can not catch up?

Lapped cars racing for position in final laps is bit strange indeed, hope that was just because it was less-serious practice?

There can be many things why you can´t keep up with car infront.Driving line, setup (gear ratio).If you drive alone you CAN´T be in same gear as if you draft.So you can lost time if you drive in "wrong"gear.We have diferent setups for optimal drafting ( you can´t be as fast with 2car draft setup if you are doing 3car drafting).It means every setup have his role to play for optimal drafting.

Yes was strange that we fight with leader .. but we didn´t fight for positions (shame that car in second position lost draft) .. we was 1 lap behind .. think it was just for fun .. and on race this kind of driving won´t be posibile.
Quote from Gutholz :finished 9th starting from back :throwrose

The setup seems fine. I can lap sub 37 laps with it by myself.

As xyx said you could be in a wrong gear. On your set it is 4th gear by yourself, 5th gear with a drafting partner. 6th if you are in a 3 or more draft and carrying a lot of speed.
Quote from Kova. :2) About that, what about lapped cars that come back like missile and almost crash you for nothing? (i mean there is nothing they can win by passing back a car that lapped him, nope?)

Lapped cars are permitted to race with other cars throughout the majority of the race. At the end, I prefer and *USUALLY* remind them to drop back or yield at the restart in the last few tens of laps, but I forgot this time until half a lap to go.

I have and will pull out the blue flag for cars that are significantly holding up leader lap car(s)
#13 - xyx
Gutholz ....

If you think you lack skills on oval track .. you can allways join on oval server with ppl on and practice with them.That means only few drivers will be skilled enough to teach you real drafting because no one is practicing drafting .. usually they practice bumpdrafting and hotlaping.This event could be 100% better if half of the guys would know what they are doing on the track.Most of the times you are put in the mercy of other drivers and their team vs team fights. But that´s allso in real life driving.

Rule No.1 :"To win you must first survie the race!"

p.s not my quote ...
Quote from dekojester :Lapped cars are permitted to race with other cars throughout the majority of the race. At the end, I prefer and *USUALLY* remind them to drop back or yield at the restart in the last few tens of laps, but I forgot this time until half a lap to go.

I have and will pull out the blue flag for cars that are significantly holding up leader lap car(s)

Sure, but they should respect the car that have one more lap IMO, nope?
Quote from xyx :If we come back like missiles it means you are to slow xD ( no offence m8) but don´t know how it will be at race with that problem. It´s all in the rule book.If there will be an issue with lapped cars as you point out admins will take care of that.
This was only "practice race" . More we practice better we get !

I wish you good luck and fun in future.

R.Cvikl a.k.a xyx

Well, I assume I'm probably slow on restart, but as I've just said few seconds ago to Deko, they should respect the car that have one more lap...
#16 - xyx
Don´t worry about lapped cars on real race. Like dekojester said At the end, I prefer and *USUALLY* remind them to drop back or yield at the restart in the last few tens of laps .

Think deco didn´t react because it was practice race

p.s
you are not onlyone slow on restarts .. i have same problem .. somethimes i miss that moment when they hit throttle .. simply to slow with reactions
i guess one thing more to improve
Just...just keep drafting someone. Oval racing is ez pz lemon squeezy. The only thing you should worry about is someone who has a reasonably high ping

2014 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 4
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG