The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :he was a tenth and a bit down (in the sector he had the edge over Lewis) on a lap he knew Hamilton probably had the legs on him.

that's ludicrous, no one thinks that while they are trying to do a lap. A tenth down honestly doesn't mean too much and is no way in hell an slow lap kind of time.
Maybe they'll have to run special single lap qually rules for Monaco so everyone goes one at a time.

Personally I don't think it was deliberate, although that judgment may be clouded by the identity and reaction of the "victim".

Perhaps Nico did it because you're black, Lewis?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Maybe they'll have to run special single lap qually rules for Monaco so everyone goes one at a time.

Personally I don't think it was deliberate, although that judgment may be clouded by the identity and reaction of the "victim".

Perhaps Nico did it because you're black, Lewis?

Looking at the replay it seems deliberate to me. But I might just be seeing what I want to see, gotta love some controversy. I would have thought it would be quite a difficult thing to prove beyond reasonable doubt so that the stewards didn't penalise it probably doesn't mean much though.

Losing a tenth is significant, it's not like an F1 driver can just press the pedal harder and make the time back up. They seemed pretty on the limit in the first run.
First points for Marussia!

And bad luck for Kimi, again.
#882 - CSF
Quote from RandomnessInside :First points for Marussia!

And bad luck for Kimi, again.

The puncture yes, but the move on Magnussen was an utter shambles. Dreadful.
Quote from amp88 :Their race engineers have quite different sounding voices.

hm, you might be wrong afterall. I've just heard Lewis says unlike in McL, they have 1 strategist (basically he called him like that, but i think that's his tag for race engineer) in Merc, that's half the thing.
Quote from N I K I :hm, you might be wrong afterall. I've just heard Lewis says unlike in McL, they have 1 strategist (basically he called him like that, but i think that's his tag for race engineer) in Merc, that's half the thing.

Strategist is not the same as Race engineer. They each have a race engineer but they share a chief strategist, is what Hamilton was saying.

edit: You can hear the different voices here. Nico's race engineer then Hamilton's.
Jon Noble ‏@NobleF1 20m
Hamilton on Rosberg's Q3 off: "We've been through the data and seen what needed to be seen - and I wish you guys could see it..."
Could mean anything.
It means nothing as they can hint at what the data shows safe in the knowledge that it will never be published and is probably open to interpretation anyway.
Rosberg steering wiggle aka "ooh no I'm losin' it!" is suspicious. Hamilton saying ^^ that is as significant as if Rosberg did do it on purpose. Why would he say that if there's no truth at all to it? Clearly other members of the team would happily speak the truth if asked: if that truth is that nobody in the team (Rosberg) did anything the least bit wrong, and that the telemetry proves that. Maybe they will, and Hamilton will look like a silly little boy (significant too)........or maybe they won't because Hamilton would not like being made to look like a silly little boy by a Merc representative lying to the press, nor should he be.

It doesn't mean nothing. If nobody clarifies what is meant by that (obviously everyone will ask everyone), then it's because clarification would hurt Mercedes.
There will be fireworks before season's end.
Could just as easily be taken to mean that Hamilton wishes the world could see that Rosberg (and the team) didn't do anything wrong.
Well fia were probably utter donkeys aka totally useless when they looked at the data. They didn't see anything strange when they looked at piquet's data few years back despite piquet went full throttle in the middle of the turn and spun himself into the wall on purpose. They have probably some ex-F1 driver telling the other judges that "id looks do me he was braking 'dere so id couldn't be an accidend"...
Quote from sinbad : Why would he say that if there's no truth at all to it?

That would be called lying. The world is not made of chocolate drops and candy canes.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :That would be called lying. The world is not made of chocolate drops and candy canes.

Yeah nice one. Well done for only quoting one part that fits your patronising tone in some odd attempt to belittle me.
Sounds like you've seen the telemetry anyway so do share.
makes sense then he did wiggle, the braking zone on that corner is very uneven so its not going to be flat, also i don't see how it is out of the question that something like this could happen when doing a Fast lap.
Quote from amp88 :Strategist is not the same as Race engineer. They each have a race engineer but they share a chief strategist, is what Hamilton was saying.

edit: You can hear the different voices here. Nico's race engineer then Hamilton's.

Damn sedated Brits.
Quote from sinbad :Rosberg steering wiggle aka "ooh no I'm losin' it!" is suspicious.

Yeah and he moved to the middle to aim the exit fine. Looked like he had no intention to turn in at all... Silly steering movement says it all. Sadly it couldn't be proved, hence no penalty...
#897 - CSF
Senna, Schumacher and Rosberg... great minds. Might just push Lewis over the edge too.
There were a few shouts that Piquet Jn deliberately drove into the wall at Singapore and that was even less likely to be cheating due to the nature of the impact.

Of course Ros knew what he was doing. It was either that or he buckled big time,.
David Coulthard column: Hamilton v Rosberg is great for F1:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27569594

Quote :It emerged in Monaco that one of the contributory factors to the dispute was that Hamilton had used a 'boost' mode on his engine during their battle for victory at the previous race in Spain when the drivers had been forbidden from doing so. That appears to have annoyed Rosberg.

But firstly Hamilton said Rosberg himself had done the same thing during their fight in Bahrain, so it was effectively neutralised.

And secondly, having something that can make performance better and asking a driver not to use it is like asking a kid not to lick an ice cream.

For some strange reason it was nice to see vettel in 3rd in quali
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG