The online racing simulator
Troy can you add 12C GT3 to your server? Z4 isn't the only GT3

edit: Z4 GT3 time 6:53.34
Attached images
bmwgt3stuff.png
If you are having trouble learning the ring my advice is to just get the fastest car, add all downforce and just drive around the track until you are sure you know where the turns go and how fast they are. Back in gpl when I was learning the track I used to know the first one third of the track kinda well, second third was ok with few scary horrible mistakes but the third portion was always pure guesswork. Then someone made gpl trainer thingy for gpl which allowed you to start on the track at certain points. So I finally learned enough to drive a lap without leaving safety margins on the table just in case there is a corner coming I don't remember. In gpl it helped because every corner was a challenge.

In rfactor the track was somewhat different so I just took some F1 car and used that to learn the track. You get tons of laps plus the car has lots of safety margin in it. It turns really well, it brakes really really well and as such you will not spin in some of those corners that will catch you out in the slower less grippy cars. After that you know where the turns go and you only really need to watch out for those fast bends that are flatout in F1 but not in more normal cars.
Base set seems to be pretty good at Nord. Wish we didn't have to do the whole outlap, but oh well. I think the goal will be to get under the 6:50 mark, for now.
Attached images
GT3_Nurb.jpg
Quote from Hyperactive :If you are having trouble learning the ring my advice is to just get the fastest car, add all downforce and just drive around the track until you are sure you know where the turns go and how fast they are. Back in gpl when I was learning the track I used to know the first one third of the track kinda well, second third was ok with few scary horrible mistakes but the third portion was always pure guesswork. Then someone made gpl trainer thingy for gpl which allowed you to start on the track at certain points. So I finally learned enough to drive a lap without leaving safety margins on the table just in case there is a corner coming I don't remember. In gpl it helped because every corner was a challenge.

In rfactor the track was somewhat different so I just took some F1 car and used that to learn the track. You get tons of laps plus the car has lots of safety margin in it. It turns really well, it brakes really really well and as such you will not spin in some of those corners that will catch you out in the slower less grippy cars. After that you know where the turns go and you only really need to watch out for those fast bends that are flatout in F1 but not in more normal cars.

The Tatuus is good for training. Single seater so good view and insane grip to power ratio and bags of turn in response so if you spot a corner late you can still make it. Still very quick (7:04). Watch for the crests though.
anyone of you fast guys tried the 458 (not the s3, that one sadly doesnt like the bumps yet...) on nords already?

would like to have something to aim for, while learning the track.
Completely stock, the 458 I can just about nudge under 8 minutes. I am guessing 7-40ish would be optimum.
Looks like everyone suffers the same memory problem then. I also have problems memorizing some parts after the Karussel. Especially the tightening turns and those with a little downhill after them. I just can't seem to remember which come after which.
For me, it's about letting your rain 'do its thing'. Don't worry too much.

Think about it for a moment. How many normal circuits have you memorized? I could probably do the entire F1 grid in my head, 20-30 kart circuits and a whole bunch of others. Maybe a 200 miles or so. if you drove each track successively you could probably do a 100 miles before you even come close to making a wrong turn. That's an astonishing feat and far outweighs learning the Nord.

I think, like others have said maybe compartmentalise the track. See it as three of four separate entities, and just put the laps in. Your brain is much better at memorising stuff like this.
Quote from Kristi :Looks like everyone suffers the same memory problem then. I also have problems memorizing some parts after the Karussel. Especially the tightening turns and those with a little downhill after them. I just can't seem to remember which come after which.

You should memorize them and you should know every section or corner by name, it's not that hard believe me
Quote from Intrepid :For me, it's about letting your rain 'do its thing'. Don't worry too much.

Think about it for a moment. How many normal circuits have you memorized? I could probably do the entire F1 grid in my head, 20-30 kart circuits and a whole bunch of others. Maybe a 200 miles or so. if you drove each track successively you could probably do a 100 miles before you even come close to making a wrong turn. That's an astonishing feat and far outweighs learning the Nord.

I think, like others have said maybe compartmentalise the track. See it as three of four separate entities, and just put the laps in. Your brain is much better at memorising stuff like this.

Exactly. I have no problems with Nord after training on GPL all those years ago. Like any other track, it just gets to be a rhythm rather than remembering pacenotes.

If you lot are moaning about Nordy, just wait until someone sticks IOM TT or Targa Florio on AC! I'm fine on TT, but TF was a nightmare to learn in GPL as most of the trackside objects, buildings and whatnot were very samey.
That's kinda weird. Usually slow tracks are easy to improvise on. Fast but narrow tracks like TT are more like nightmare material.
Quote from Keling :That's kinda weird. Usually slow tracks are easy to improvise on. Fast but narrow tracks like TT are more like nightmare material.

Improvise and memorise are different though.
I managed a 7:59 with the f40 so id suspect the 458 to be a bit faster.
just the reference point.
Attached images
f458fff.jpg
great, thanks.

30 seconds to go then...

edit: will post my 7:31 lap later this...decade...
Finetuned my setup for the Mac, did beat my Z4 pb + huge mistake just before 'icecurve' with better driving I think it's possible to get bellow 6:50
atm im online > lfs at ac
Quote from R3DMAN :I managed a 7:59 with the f40 so id suspect the 458 to be a bit faster.

first attempt
I think it's due to the fact that when I was driving Nords in rFactor, I usually crashed around that point of the track and simply went back to pits and all over again. It's indeed not hard to memorize a track, it's just the thing that I didn't do more than 4 laps on the circuit since then doesn't help. Maybe if I drove 10-15 more it would get into my brain a lot easier. Now I'm just tapping blindly out of the memory without driving it.
Quote from undertaker00 :atm im online > lfs at ac

I'll restart the server soon to add the mp4-12c, forgot about it yesterday.

edit: restarted
mine best so far
Attached images
norschleife pb.jpg
I now get AC.exe stopped working after a while of driving nords sp. will try it on my own mp server now and see if it does it as well.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG