The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
RUF or MP4? (if you could only choose one) Which one is the most rewarding when driven well.
MP4 is the most rewarding, but it's also the most difficult IMO.
RUF has 4 cars for price of one... but I would do the beemer rather than the Mp4 or RUF
The BMW is by far the easiest car to drive that I have driven on the iRacing service. If you just want something relatively easy to drive and have fun racing then thats probably the best car. Seems to be on average the fastest GT3 right now too which helps
Quote from IsaacPrice :The BMW is by far the easiest car to drive that I have driven on the iRacing service. If you just want something relatively easy to drive and have fun racing then thats probably the best car. Seems to be on average the fastest GT3 right now too which helps

I agree, hope they balance it. Getting tired of racing only other BMW's.
Gave myself a 3-month subscription as an end of the semester gift.

3 races back and I already feel the same. I love the game, but hate the people. In 3 races I saw: brake checking bump drafters, not letting the leaders by for the blue flag (I understand you don't have to yield, but blocking the leader? really?), and the typical plethora of poor decisions. It's like these people don't have brains.In before "Of course they don't, they pay to play iRacing."
Oh well, blue flaggers.. They're such morons. I was leading the top SOF of the week in RUF Cup and blue flaggers really pissed me off. Those races are 25 minutes long with tight top of the field, which means the top 3 is fighting within 1 second the whole race and I can recall at least 3 blocks in Silverstone T1 by blue flaggers and one who almost took me out after losing control and coming back in T2 of the National layout. That would've made me angry for sure.
Just move them out of the way
I've really got a SR and iRating boost now after the 3 weeks in the GT3. Haha, what an irony.
Quote from Kristi :Oh well, blue flaggers.. They're such morons. I was leading the top SOF of the week in RUF Cup and blue flaggers really pissed me off. Those races are 25 minutes long with tight top of the field, which means the top 3 is fighting within 1 second the whole race and I can recall at least 3 blocks in Silverstone T1 by blue flaggers and one who almost took me out after losing control and coming back in T2 of the National layout. That would've made me angry for sure.

Its your job to deal with them, its not their job to deal with you.
Quote from R3DMAN :Its your job to deal with them, its not their job to deal with you.

I know it's in iRacing's rulebook, which in few of the parts I disagree with, especially this, though I kept my anger inside for the moment. I'm not famous for using voice chat or text chat in Official Race/Qual sessions at all. I dealt with them, I kept my first place, it's still frustrating that a blue flagger can decide the podium by being in the way and don't even have to feel bad about it. On National you really have to be on the edge most of the time and in the CSpec, that's not the easiest deal. The backmarkers are famous for throwing you out of your rhythm and ruining 2 laps by only blocking you for a single corner. I don't think it's my job to deal with and teach drivers on how to recover their cars onto the track (not ideal line) after they slipped off in a hairpin-ish turn. That is not acceptable for me and not even the User code, I think.
When I say blocking the leader, I don't just mean holding the racing line. That's perfectly fair, run as fast as you can on the line and if I can't get by you then it's my fault. I mean genuinely defending and blocking against a car that's a lap ahead. The slower car still has some responsibility. They shouldn't be allowed to make deliberate moves that endanger the leader.

I got behind a lapped car at Limerock and after 2 laps of him moving to the inside to block me I finally accepted I would have to try the outside. Of course, he got on the brakes way too late and plowed right into the side of me. The amazing thing about the rookie classes is that no matter what license level the people have, they are all equally stupid.
Quote from FireMike15 :I've really got a SR and iRating boost now after the 3 weeks in the GT3. Haha, what an irony.

How's cota??
Quote from Rappa Z :I got behind a lapped car at Limerock and after 2 laps of him moving to the inside to block me I finally accepted I would have to try the outside. Of course, he got on the brakes way too late and plowed right into the side of me. The amazing thing about the rookie classes is that no matter what license level the people have, they are all equally stupid.

Like I said, just move them out of the way if they are blocking.
First time I agree with this guy, please excuse me while I go hang myself.
Quote from J@tko :Waste of $15.

Best sum I ever heard of it. Now I'll go race the CSpec around it while tears are dropping on my face thinking of that very line. Although, not because it's badly done, simply because it's a crappy track.
Quote from Bmxtwins :How's cota??

Great scenery and detail, but very tough to drive. Understeer-madness, especially in the BMW.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :First time I agree with this guy, please excuse me while I go hang myself.

I was pointing out how ridiculous your claim of "wreck slow cars" was. Not that I agreed.
Because 3-wide on lap 1 is for sissies.
Attached images
4wide.jpg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I was pointing out how ridiculous your claim of "wreck slow cars" was. Not that I agreed.

Move, or get moved.
If anyone wants to practice for the Indy 500, I will put up a session tomorrow @ 12 PM Eastern American time (I think 16 UTC)
Quote from J@tko :Because 3-wide on lap 1 is for sissies.

pffff did 5 wide there in skippies once. Made wheel to wheel contact too

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG