The online racing simulator
drunk driving
(51 posts, started )
#1 - PRADO
drunk driving
Not a very serious post - but work is slow today!

Has anyone tried driving LFS when a little over the limit?

I came in from the pub last night, and couldn't resist a bit of practice - rolled at the hairpin at BL GP twice, tried again, but even after 20 laps, could only get within 2 secs of my best lap.

By the way, I never drink drive for real - and on last nights evidence, I don't understand how people do...
I tried it once with similar results. Wasn't really fun, allthough usually one or two glasses of wine really make me a bit faster, because it stops me from thinking about my driving too much.
I know some people do WR's while drunk
I often sink a bottle of wine and then play LFS. It affects my decision making more than anything and I often tap someone unintentionaly or go for an ill advised overtake. However my lap times are usually within a few tenths of my pb and I have even set PBs having knocked back a strong bottle of red.
LFS is like playing pool at the pub.
You peak after 3-4 cans when your 'liquid confidence' levels are up and your motor skills aren't too hampered. After that, it's all down hill.

IRL, I prefer not to drive after having even one drink, even though in Australia you're allowed to drive with 3 in your belly.
Quote from farcar :LFS is like playing pool at the pub.
You peak after 3-4 cans when your 'liquid confidence' levels are up and your motor skills aren't too hampered. After that, it's all down hill.

IRL, I prefer not to drive after having even one drink, even though in Australia you're allowed to drive with 3 in your belly.

I have a name for the effect you describe. I call it 'The Lowenbrau curve"
#7 - Tukko
ehm.. someone plays LFS without beer?! illepall

:drink:
#8 - Bean0
I nearly always have a drink before/during races, although with some combos its difficult to take a swig if the straight parts aren't long enough.

Along the same lines, does anyone else smoke whilst driving ?
Quote from Tukko :ehm.. someone plays LFS without beer?! illepall

:drink:

Yeah... what's up with that? Negra Modelo or Grolsch goes great with LFS.
just like Scotch & Soda or Vodka and orange juice.
I don't drink or smoke, but I know someone who did a test once. They had to take the driving license tests (driving backwards through pillons), and it was timed. After the first time, they had to drink a few, and take the test again. This particular guy was faster after the drinks, but it was because he stopped realising the seriousness of the test, and had less responsibility feelings, so he just wacked through there. He hit nothing, but it does show how irrisponsible you can be after just a few beers.
i am pretty good when i am drunk , only with the street cars though.

too much beer=no more slicks
even more beer=better spectate
We need an USB alcohol tester. If you don't pass, LFS does not run.
I barely drink anyway, but I've seen N1lyn (is that his name?) doing WR times in an LX6 at FE Green (back in S1). The more he drunk the faster he got. He might not have been drinking I guess, but his normally articulate spelling was geeting wrose nad woes
I have tried drinking beers, when racing Lfs. No good !

So No alchohol, early to bed (Keep your hands on top of the cartpet) - Very cold baths and a christian way of life (Okay - Whatever religion you want -OK !) that makes the perfect driver in Lfs.

Did I mention - I`m no good Lfs racer
Quote from kurent :We need an USB alcohol tester. If you don't pass, LFS does not run.

Haha brilliant, made me laugh! Someone could search Gizmodo.com if they have covered such a device already.
Quote from kurent :We need an USB alcohol tester. If you don't pass, LFS does not run.

LOL !
Quote from Bean0 :Along the same lines, does anyone else smoke whilst driving ?

Well I do, and it really intensifies the experience(immersion) and makes me faster because I concentrate harder.

It's just too much fun...
Hmm, a couple of beers is alright for racing, but if I'm proper drunk, it's just a waste of time.
Quote from kompa :Well I do, and it really intensifies the experience(immersion) and makes me faster because I concentrate harder.

It's just too much fun...

One or two beers can be helpfull. No doubt about that. But if you keep drinking and driving, it has to give a negative effect on your driving.

Reflecses are proven, to get much slower, when drunk.

Scientific tests, with drunk people, clearly shows that even the good drivers kill more pedestrians and dogs, than a sober bad driver would do.
They used a simulator in that programme I saw on tv.
I like to have a drink or two while racing sometimes..my driving seems to peak after a couple, if I'm pretty focused. After that it starts to go a bit downhill and I end up taking a dodgy pass here and there. My laptimes don't get much worse but my tyres suffer and so do the people around me.

I've set quite a few of my pb's after a couple. I smoke but can never smoke while racing. In the slower road cars I sometimes roll them on the straights though for after the race
I smoke and drive in LFS i find i'm quicker after it, i agree, it helps the concentration somehow!!

You kinda get in the "zone"
due to my low alchohol tolerance (i gave up drinking heavily a few years ago) it's a terrible idea for me to drink and drive with LFS (i don't even think about driving with even a half in me IRL) my motor skills and decision making suffer badly.

with smoking (ganja) it's a slightly different story, since my THC tolerance is quite high, i can have a bifta or two and not really worry, my actual driving skills are sometime quite enhanced, but if the race is a close one i find i get the jitters after a while and end up over reacting to the subtlest of stimuli. sometimes with casual spot-races it's nice to drive stoned, but i don't do it with GPs etc.

driving with halucinogens (LSD, LSA, shrooms etc) in the system is particularly interesting. you can feel utterly connected and immersed within the game, but it can lead to terrible bouts of misjudgment and stupidity, usually followed by fits of irrepressable giggling. mushrooms are a bit too trippy to drive with due to intense distortion of visuals, but acid is a lot more subtle, although much stronger.

Amphetamines, (speed, MDMA (E), Red bull) are probably the most suited to racing since they can appear to give you a distinct feeling of increased reactions and reflex response, although judgement can suffer badly. and they're VERY harmfull to you're nervous system)

Please, don't take any of these observations as an endorsement of drug taking/driving, it's really NOT clever and can do you SERIOUS mental damage (trust meillepall) as well as physical damage if you're dumb enough to think you should drive IRL. I've been experimenting with these substances for nearly 10 years now, and to be honest, there are some drugs I wish i'd never toyed with.
Quote from Theafro :due to my low alchohol tolerance (i gave up drinking heavily a few years ago) it's a terrible idea for me to drink and drive with LFS (i don't even think about driving with even a half in me IRL) my motor skills and decision making suffer badly.

with smoking (ganja) it's a slightly different story, since my THC tolerance is quite high, i can have a bifta or two and not really worry, my actual driving skills are sometime quite enhanced, but if the race is a close one i find i get the jitters after a while and end up over reacting to the subtlest of stimuli. sometimes with casual spot-races it's nice to drive stoned, but i don't do it with GPs etc.

driving with halucinogens (LSD, LSA, shrooms etc) in the system is particularly interesting. you can feel utterly connected and immersed within the game, but it can lead to terrible bouts of misjudgment and stupidity, usually followed by fits of irrepressable giggling. mushrooms are a bit too trippy to drive with due to intense distortion of visuals, but acid is a lot more subtle, although much stronger.

Amphetamines, (speed, MDMA (E), Red bull) are probably the most suited to racing since they can appear to give you a distinct feeling of increased reactions and reflex response, although judgement can suffer badly. and they're VERY harmfull to you're nervous system)

Please, don't take any of these observations as an endorsement of drug taking/driving, it's really NOT clever and can do you SERIOUS mental damage (trust meillepall) as well as physical damage if you're dumb enough to think you should drive IRL. I've been experimenting with these substances for nearly 10 years now, and to be honest, there are some drugs I wish i'd never toyed with.

Maybe you need to go to AA (anti aliasing).
Sorry, I was looking at your avitar.
schalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa BEER FTW!!!
I did a test a while back. It was nice and simple:

After a decent feed for tea I sat down and started playing GPL, Colin McRae 2 and Grand Prix (3 or 4 I don't remember). I quickly settled into my usual pace on all games and cracked open a beer. Within 20mins of drinking my GP times started to get less stable but the fast ones were still fast as PB. GPL and McRae had no noticable difference. After the first about 30min (1.5 beers) McRae times were better and GPL was coming good but not much faster. GP on the other hand was out the window. .2-.5sec slower a lap. I gave up with GP at this stage. An hour and 3 beers later. McRae was totaly on form, never missed a beat and had the best run through the tarmac stages in France I've ever had. GPL was ok so long as noone was nearby, if they were I'd spend too much time watching them and FAIL. Lap times were ok but not consistantly PB. A couple of hours later and I wanted to play NFS (yes Need for Speed, not a typo) which pretty much told me it was time to either hit the town or go to bed

Smoking and driving disconnected me totaly from the experience, I find that it is more like playing any other game and less like getting the 'feel' for the car that I can get when sober. My main trouble when stoned or drunk is that my will to be first is deminished. I dont WANT to succeed quite as much so I don't worry about the little mistakes. That seems to be ok in tin tops and rally but sucks for single seaters.

IRL the issues surrounding judgement calls that need to be made all the time suggest that the legal limit is too lax as it is. For me anyway.

drunk driving
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG