The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
It's a 2001, has fog lights, stereo controls on the steering wheel, alloys and it's a 1l 12valve. 77k miles and loads of history. Keep guessing
Quick question. Anyone have decent experience with a SMG trans? I'm really thinking about getting a E46 M3 Vert and i kinda made it apart of my "5 years from now" goal.

I'm not going to daily it (although it'll be tempting), and i'm looking to drive it only on the weekends or a really nice weekday. Also if you have experience with anything i should know, speak up!
Quote from Omar1 :It's a 2001, has fog lights, stereo controls on the steering wheel, alloys and it's a 1l 12valve. 77k miles and loads of history. Keep guessing

Are those things considered as extra/luxuriously?
Quote from Bose321 :Are those things considered as extra/luxuriously?

alloys, fogs and steering wheel controls, yes
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Quick question. Anyone have decent experience with a SMG trans? I'm really thinking about getting a E46 M3 Vert and i kinda made it apart of my "5 years from now" goal.

I'm not going to daily it (although it'll be tempting), and i'm looking to drive it only on the weekends or a really nice weekday. Also if you have experience with anything i should know, speak up!

Why not a daily? Surely something like an M3 is the ultimate daily driver?
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Quick question. Anyone have decent experience with a SMG trans? I'm really thinking about getting a E46 M3 Vert and i kinda made it apart of my "5 years from now" goal.

Worst semi auto gearbox of all times.(yes im bmw fan as u might know)
True, SMG is crap. Find a 6-speed manual if you can.
Quote from 5tag :On a side note, if you ever had to drive one of these with 998cm³ of 3 cylinder fury and "automatic" transmission I think you'll agree a Scooter feels like a super bike in comparison.

I had a year 2000 3cyl model with a manual box. Couldnt get up hills on motorways! And then the AFM failed so whenever the engine was put under stress it went into limp home mode, so id end up doing 30 on a slight slope.
Quote from Jakg :Why not a daily? Surely something like an M3 is the ultimate daily driver?

Quote from e2mustang :Worst semi auto gearbox of all times.(yes im bmw fan as u might know)

That's why. I had a bad feeling that it would be the case, but i saw such a wide variety of opinions on several sites. Besides, i'll save the daily antics for a miata.
i'll give another clue; it failed mot...
So you got paid to take it?
Quote from Eclipsed :So you got paid to take it?

heh, no, i'm an apprentice in a garage so you could probably guess how much it was considering she was going to scrap it
put led sidelights and better headlight bulbs in, y0

Please not HID's
Quote from R34GTR :Please not HID's

nah, the headlight bulbs i have in just shine a nice white colour. Yellow is ugly

Get the manual, SMGs are clunky Horrible Transmissions.

Such a Shame the CSL came with that as a Forced option it killed what really would of been the most complete M3 ever.
Quote from Omar1 :It's a 2001, has fog lights, stereo controls on the steering wheel, alloys and it's a 1l 12valve. 77k miles and loads of history. Keep guessing

Brazilian 2001 Corsa, no fog lights, no stereo controls, no alloy wheels, 1 litre 8v (4 cilinders), 75k miles: £3067.24

Based on the current average price of one-way economy tickets for Sao Paulo-London flights, I could travel there, buy 5 of those cars and still have enough money to buy a few drinks at the closest pub.
Quote from Yuri Laszlo :Brazilian 2001 Corsa, no fog lights, no stereo controls, no alloy wheels, 1 litre 8v (4 cilinders), 75k miles: £3067.24

Based on the current average price of one-way economy tickets for Sao Paulo-London flights, I could travel there, buy 5 of those cars and still have enough money to buy a few drinks at the closest pub.

bloody hell! i paid almost 30x less than that for mine. So im sure any guesses will be close now

i spent 4 and a half hours cleaning it today inside and out + engine bay.

Pretty sure you paid a bit too much. It's missing a cylinder
More shots of the FR-S:

Yeah no kidding. I see more of them than v6 mustangs now!
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Yeah no kidding. I see more of them than v6 mustangs now!

I can imagine,

I'm currently living in the uk and a bottom of the line one is ~ $42,000. In the states they start from around ~$28,000 so I can see why they're quite popular over there.

When I get back to Canada I'm considering picking up a BRZ

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG