The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
I tried some colouring the raw footage. iR's graphics can be easily made impressive, tbh.

highres on my deviant&flickr ->
1 year membership for $1, ty

Been a long time since I played so thought it was worth another shot
Quote from DejaVu :1 year membership for $1, ty

Been a long time since I played so thought it was worth another shot

Where?
Participation credits galore from when he last played, presumably.
Email from iRacing this morning titled - iRacing - 1 Year for $1

I was like yeah right just a random spam message, but it wasn't haha

*edit* Maybe because i have the Founder award? (aswell as not racing that account since 2008 aswell lol)
Attached images
iracing.jpg
#608 - CSF
Quote from DejaVu :Email from iRacing this morning titled - iRacing - 1 Year for $1

I was like yeah right just a random spam message, but it wasn't haha

*edit* Maybe because i have the Founder award? (aswell as not racing that account since 2008 aswell lol)

I have the same, basically they are just trying to get numbers up as much as possible.

Pity all this didn't come when I was 18 and having fun sim racing.
But you and Jaq are 12? :monkey:
#610 - CSF
k son k
You should pay the dollar just to laugh at the idiocy that exists in the forum over there. Its astonishing at times.
Quote from PMD9409 :You should pay the dollar just to laugh at the idiocy that exists in the forum over there. Its astonishing at times.

Brandon Trost.

Ps: is this 1 dollar thing a promo code?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Brandon Trost.

Ps: is this 1 dollar thing a promo code?

entire indy car oval community makes the LFSF look like a family.
same here
Same here,
IRacing 1yr for 1USD.
I'm going to give a try... Although i LOVE LFS, it's been a long time since I haven't raced here, because of the lack of updates.
IRacing seems nice, although not casual enough for me...
why im not getting that email!
I don't have my iRacing account hooked up to my main email, but I just checked the one it is on and I do say, I get a 1/2 off or 2 months free promo pretty much every month. Maybe when summer hits I'll get back on the bandwagon...
iRacing good for a casual player? Used to love LFS for its pick up and play online racing but this is now dead.

Only interested in open wheelers and prototypes and need something to do until Assetto Corsa get multiplayer.

Looks like the best deal for me is 3 months for $12.

Are there always races to join? Or am I going to be sitting around twiddling me thumbs because everyone else in the world is asleep?
From what I remember there's racing around the clock (strongest at EU/US peaks obviously), but you somehow always find yourself coming home 1 minute after the start of the last set of races, so you have to wait an hour or two for the next one.

3 PM start times were the bane of my existence in high school. I would get out of class and have to run home to make the start. Having to wait for a few cars to pass before I cross the road was enough to keep me out.
Quote from Rappa Z :From what I remember there's racing around the clock (strongest at EU/US peaks obviously), but you somehow always find yourself coming home 1 minute after the start of the last set of races, so you have to wait an hour or two for the next one.

3 PM start times were the bane of my existence in high school. I would get out of class and have to run home to make the start. Having to wait for a few cars to pass before I cross the road was enough to keep me out.

They have set start times? You think they could stagger them a bit. $12 isn't a lot of money so I guess I should try it.

Not happy about paying for tracks and cars though!
Quote from sil3ntwar :Not happy about paying for tracks and cars though!

there is a lot of this if you want to get out of rookie class racing (where the experience is shit)
Quote from sil3ntwar :iRacing good for a casual player? Used to love LFS for its pick up and play online racing but this is now dead.

Only interested in open wheelers and prototypes and need something to do until Assetto Corsa get multiplayer.

Looks like the best deal for me is 3 months for $12.

Are there always races to join? Or am I going to be sitting around twiddling me thumbs because everyone else in the world is asleep?

iRacing has a pretty large Australian player base, and of cousre they would be awake when you are. Racing around the clock is something you get used to easily. If you want races that have competition at any given time, I suggest Skip Barber. It's easy to reach, always large participation (at least in EU and US, I really am not awake when AU races). Star Mazda would be an option, but at this point it's pretty much dead for every region. Let's hope they give it an NTM5 by Season 2. It will probably be in the top 3 most popular series after that.
Anyone gain anything from referring me? If so give me your email address in the next 2 minutes

Apparently you get $10 credit for doing this.
Sent a PM.
Hopefully that worked for ya.
Yup, I already got the credits sent to my email. Thanks a lot dude

Question time for me:
I'm pretty new to iR, but how do tracks get released? I would like to get COTA and Z4 when they are released, but can I pre-order them? I don't want to miss out on the bulk discount, due to needing a track for this season.

EDIT:
Also, is anybody experienced with skinning in iRacing can help me? I just can't seem to convert an LFS skin into a RUF skin properly. I'd really apperciate some help regards that.

iRacing - chapter III
(1141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG