The online racing simulator
Is S2 worth buying?
(65 posts, started )
Is S2 worth buying?
I am considering buying S2, but I need a few good reasons from you experienced players, I have been playing demo for last 3 years but I'm getting really annoyed and bored by it, in demo there's only one track and 2 (3) cars. Apart from that, 99% of demo servers are full of retards and people who just don't want to race. I was watching S2 videos on the internet and I started realy liking it, but I am being stopped by the price. Is it worth it?
It was worth it 5-6 years ago, not today, or only if you want to race in leagues, currently there's only one server that is kind of full at european noon hours...
I totally recommend it, it's always worth for the money it costs.

You can have still lots of fun, even if there are not much Updates.
yes
Really depends on what your looking for. I am not going to paint a pretty picture, here, but if you find an S2 server with good drivers on, every night, you will be racing all night with loads of smiles, but at the moment this is rare.

Saturday is a good day, as cargame.nl for the GTI is always almost full, with some of the best drivers around...during the week, it can be pretty lame and boring, unless you like driving a GTI vs GTR

Like I said, depends what your looking for. I have never entered the "drifting scene" but these look pretty active from the Server list.

So the question is:

Would I spend £24 for S2 right now, at the minute?
From the inside, no sorry I wouldn't, as there is not enough going on, on-line to warrant spending that money. But I only know this as I have been here for years, so have seen the highs and lows, but like I said, depends what you are looking for. You could spend £24 now, and then when S3 comes out, spend £12 for upgrade, or spend £36 for S3, your choice really

All I will say is when S3 comes out, the community and online racing will go mental

Hope this helps

Fordie
Depends on your graphical performance. If you have a poor man's configuration then you can safely invest in LFS. Otherwise it's better to wait a month or 2.
The one main issue with LFS right now is the number of people online. Generally speaking, on week nights there is only 1 decently populated S2 server (which is multi class racing, so even if 25 people are on, you might only be racing 5 of them) and a dozen populated demo servers that you are already familiar with.

On Saturdays, the main S2 server switches over to XRG/XFG only on a variety of tracks. You may be bored of these cars from the demo, but with the constant track rotation and 30+ drivers on the grid, Saturdays are a blast. People drive respectfully and, with that many drivers, you always have 2-3 people at your pace who you can run bumper to bumper with.

Sundays, the main S2 server either runs FBM (so another demo car) or GTR. Either way, the racing is still exciting. Not as close as the bumping and rubbing you can do on Saturdays, but there are still big grids and a variety of tracks.

So, I guess it really depends on what you want. If you're only prepared to commit to weekends, then I reckon you can still easily get your money's worth. If you want racing every night, you might want to look elsewhere.

Off Topic: Why the heck does Cargame.NL run the FBM and not the FOX? I can run the FBM all week on demo servers, so why not let me run the FOX once and a while?
Didn't want to do any competition with FOX Junkies operations at the time. And, as you said yourself, a lot of people are used to FBM from demo. FBM is active on Sunday when F1 is aired on television otherwise GT2.

TBO(FXO,XRT,RB4)+LX4 on Monday's.

But.. All this doesn't say much to demo people. I know from my demo experience that I didn't had much idea what to expect from a S1/S2 license.

--
Car/track combinations is and always will be a discussion because people tend to have a different taste.

It's too bad that there is not really 'server taste' anymore for public casual racing.
if i knew everything i know about S2 but didn't have the license, then i would think $46 canadian dollars is very cheap.

to give you an idea i ordered the Milliken "Race Car Vehicle Dynamics" book in order to get the most out of live for speed. the book cost more than the software.

there are some very good points made about how many people you can find online. assuming you are racing in Japan, then like me you are in a timezone without many racers online in convenient hours. at least for my experience i can tell you i had some very good racing online recently.

that is not to say i could do that right this second if i wanted to. it's just a shame. the best experience lately is the cargame server on saturday with league racing also very good.

just the ability to drive a car like the FZR on all the tracks S2 has to offer is worth $50 for me, even if it is mostly against the AI.
If you want to have fun in the evenings because this is a game... Don't buy it, it is as lonely as space and the only servers online are demo servers.

The game itself is awesome, the cars are great as well but the way you have to play this to have fun killed it. League racing is great, you learn a lot in terms of being constant and you improve your racing ability because you race against fair people but this requires commitment and a lot of us don't have time for that. It's sad that you need to rely on multiplayer gaming to enjoy this game.
Quote from Blas89 :the only servers online are demo servers.

You might want to check your filters.
Quote from Bose321 :You might want to check your filters.

Just did, the only good server was cargame.nl
Quote from Blas89 :If you want to have fun in the evenings because this is a game... Don't buy it, it is as lonely as space and the only servers online are demo servers.

In the time of your two posts there was a league going with 3 grids...
Is a bit ironic when people post about "no servers" and miss the races going on right in front of their nose.

So at misu2048, if you want real racing like in the videos you saw, without idiots, then also get a wheel and join some races. In my opinion it is totally worth it and does not compare all to demo.
Quote from Gutholz :In the time of your two posts there was a league going with 3 grids...

:sadbanana
#16 - Xone
:sadbanana
Quote from Blas89 :Just did, the only good server was cargame.nl

See how ironic you are,

First you say "There are only demo servers online" , you don't mention anything about good or bad.

Now you say , the only good one online is cargame.

That's totally your personal opinion, that you need a full grid to have fun with a race is your problem, which doesn't mean the leagues and other race servers aren't fun.

If you dont want or like to play this game because you say its dead, or the servers are not active, just leave. We all got sick of reading posts and replys like this one, if you don't like it its as simple as , uninstall the game.

1 Uninstall = 1 Person who becomes happy avoiding to read this stupid pointless replys.

And now cry and blame.

Quote from Gutholz :In the time of your two posts there was a league going with 3 grids...
Is a bit ironic when people post about "no servers" and miss the races going on right in front of their nose.

So at misu2048, if you want real racing like in the videos you saw, without idiots, then also get a wheel and join some races. In my opinion it is totally worth it and does not compare all to demo.

I just bought S1, I'm loving it but I only found 2 S1 servers, I'm buying S2 in 10 days because it's my birthday on the 10th. I am realy loving the cars and the track.
Quote from misu2048 :I am considering buying S2, but I need a few good reasons from you experienced players, I have been playing demo for last 3 years but I'm getting really annoyed and bored by it, in demo there's only one track and 2 (3) cars. Apart from that, 99% of demo servers are full of retards and people who just don't want to race. I was watching S2 videos on the internet and I started realy liking it, but I am being stopped by the price. Is it worth it?

konnichiwa misu2048-kum, i whould say yes, i didnt have the chance to buy my s2 since was a gift 8 years ago from a cool guy and let me tell you something, i regret that didnt have the money to buy it, it whould be one of the wisest investment on a simulator, so yes, buy s2, grab any car+track combo you like and go and have fun

you wont regret to have s2, there is a loot to do on lfs, and look at me, after so many years racing i still found plenty of races and servers ( mainly CG ) to have fun

also if you are tired of racing and you just want to relax you have plenty of cruise server and the popular ones are allways with no less that 15-20 persons driving on there ALL THE TIME!!!!

And if you dont found any racing server s2, you still have some quality races on Air attack demo servers and you know most of the times that server have ppl racing on

so enjoy your s2, you wont regret and dont listen the negative coments

Ja-mata!
Quote from Blas89 ::sadbanana

Noooo don't you know the banana must always dance?!
public or league: race is race...

misu2048: see your message inbox thing, top right.

Quote from Xone ::sadbanana

:bannana_g
Quote from Gutholz :Noooo don't you know the banana must always dance?!
public or league: race is race...

misu2048: see your message inbox thing, top right.

:bannana_g

Yes, that's like saying rFactor is still active online because there is a league race every now and then.
Quote from Gutholz :misu2048: see your message inbox thing, top right.

That sounds a bit suspicious to me.
I am not active in rFactor but if I wanted to, I would know where to go for regular races.
In LFS I have no problems finding enough races per week. In fact already skip on some because rl/no practice/at same time. With the calender and looking around a bit it is very easy... if you have time to post in forum then can do that too.

rosewood2: check your pm too
Quote from Chriship :See how ironic you are,

First you say "There are only demo servers online" , you don't mention anything about good or bad. I was a demo user for a lot of time and I enjoyed it, I go online and if I want to play a good combo and have a good race I join a demo server, here's your good comment.

Now you say , the only good one online is cargame.

That's totally your personal opinion, that you need a full grid to have fun with a race is your problem, which doesn't mean the leagues and other race servers aren't fun. I'm not saying that I need full grids to have fun, I love races with 3 players for example, I'm talking about variety of servers with more people.

If you dont want or like to play this game because you say its dead, or the servers are not active, just leave. We all got sick of reading posts and replys like this one, if you don't like it its as simple as , uninstall the game.

I haven't uninstalled it because as I said, and you should learn to read, "The game itself is awesome, the cars are great as well"... Sometimes I open it up and check if there is something fun to participate in and if there isn't I just do Hotlaps or try to build setups just for the fun of it.

1 Uninstall = 1 Person who becomes happy avoiding to read this stupid pointless replys.

And now cry and blame.

Ah you're so harsh

This guy asked for an opinion, and I gave mine, is S2 worth buying?

Yes it is, but don't expect much of S2 multiplayer racing.
Quote :This guy asked for an opinion, and I gave mine, is S2 worth buying?
Yes it is, but don't expect much of S2 multiplayer racing.

Ok, we can settle for compromise maybe:
Yes, S2 is worth buying.
Do not expect to find too much of S2 multiplayer racing by looking in server browser. Even though that can work it is more fun to
Instead look in calender and race in organized race. It only takes minimal more effort than public (like reading some rules or signing up) but is much more rewarding.

Is S2 worth buying?
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG