The online racing simulator
a lol, dat aussie luck.
Quote from N I K I :C'mon McLaren. Surely you've got a better car than Forze India. I dare you.

Well, Magnussen was up there until he forgot how brakes work. Also, I wouldn't write FI down yet.

Can't believe this RB bullshit really...
"Valtteri is faster than you" Wohoo...

Also, dat Ricciardo tho. Webber left something for him to enjoy.
I thought the new regs meant the smart drivers would win?

It's as if Red Bull are goading the FIA into giving them penalties.....
ffs

lol, at first I though that was Photoshop, then I was like

wtf FIA? Why didn't they give the same punishment for Webber in Germany then? :P Oh yeah, new regulations...
I think Webber des... sorry... ricciardo deserves a 5 race ban for that release.
"Valterri is faster than you"

Quote from Intrepid :I thought the new regs meant the smart drivers would win?

You did?
I thought the start would be about the best engine package....as time went on then it would be more about the car around the engine...and when the cars are all the same then it would be about the driver.
Quote from Anthoop :You did?
I thought the start would be about the best engine package....as time went on then it would be more about the car around the engine...and when the cars are all the same then it would be about the driver.

First my comment was in jest, and secondly I have been around motorsport for 27 years... and if there's one thing I have learned - when everyone has the 'same' car it rarely means the 'best' driver wins.
Ricciardo can't catch a break, still he should be happy he definetely is close to Vettel and i think tension may be coming soon.

Hulkenburg is too good to be in that force india, he should be the one rejecting teams by this point seriously, if Mclaren want a good quality line up next year I would be weighing up whether to keep button and put Hulkenburg in his place.

Also Williams really need to wake up here, their poor management skills are costing them huge points at a time when they can be scoring double digits with both drivers, they need to get the job done on saturday.
IMO, we haven't seen Williams true pace yet. It's clear that they have a high speed/low drag car which lacks in rear end grip. So far, this has killed them in qualifying, but it could be the ideal package for a track like Bahrain.
Quote from Intrepid :First my comment was in jest, and secondly I have been around motorsport for 27 years... and if there's one thing I have learned - when everyone has the 'same' car it rarely means the 'best' driver wins.

I guess that I did not gather that you were being sarcastic....
If you have racing with the "same" car then the better driver will win one on one....as the number of racers increase then the "best" driver will have a lesser chance of winning.
That Magnussen penalty was the silliest thing I've seen since Jonathon Provost and Matt Kingsbury giving Team Vires a penalty for an incident they didn't cause.
Quote from Bmxtwins :That Magnussen penalty was the silliest thing I've seen since Jonathon Provost and Matt Kingsbury giving Team Vires a penalty for an incident they didn't cause.

How so? Magnussen was effectively dive bombing. Kimi's rear tire hit with Magnussens front wing. It was stupid move by Magnussen and 100% his fault too. I'm finnish but imho Magnussen drove into the back of Kimi's car and effectively took him out from the race. Magnussen got away almost without penalty (5 seconds longer pitstop, is that even a penalty lol).
Dive bomb. More like he barely scraped the Ferrari's tyre while attempting to cross to the inside. Had Räi driven as if he was a racing driver instead of falling asleep in the middle of the track, nothing would have happened.
I wouldn't call it a dive bomb. Dive bombs happen on turn in when the chasing driver decides to carry way too much speed into the corner, forcing their car off its line and into the leading driver.

Magnussen was holding his line on the inside and moving at roughly the same speed as Kimi. It's Kimi who decides to try to hit a late apex, like Magnussen wasn't there. to be fair, he probably did this because Magnussen almost wasn't.

Should Magnussen have saw this coming? Probably. Kimi was taking a late apex and that is a fairly common line through that corner. Does that mean it is Magnussen's fault and he should be penalized? I'm not so sure.
I watched the Riakkonen/Magnussen incident a few times (from 43:18.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/e ... laysian_Grand_Prix_Forum/ ).
Yes Rai should have known he would be there...but Mag should have known he was running into a closing door. The guy behind always has the better view.
To me it is just a racing incident...but I guess you have to set rules and stick to them.....
Quote from Hyperactive :How so? Magnussen was effectively dive bombing. Kimi's rear tire hit with Magnussens front wing. It was stupid move by Magnussen and 100% his fault too. I'm finnish but imho Magnussen drove into the back of Kimi's car and effectively took him out from the race. Magnussen got away almost without penalty (5 seconds longer pitstop, is that even a penalty lol).

he received a points deduction....
#673 - CSF
You actually need to ask that Jock...
How many millions have Caterham spent to be 7th on the GP2 grid? I imagine things will improve over the weekend, but worth noting.
This thread is closed

Formula 1 Season 2014
(1760 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG